• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why no tuning options?

This is the only thing back from buying a gen 2 nsx. It's rediculous the car has been out this long and no one offers options.

I bet a 93 or e85 tune would really wake it up!

28056161_1715819121848418_4761776559641604641_n.jpg

Working on it. Right now guessing its 2 months out or so.

I'd be interested in a tune via handheld programmer connected thru the OBD port, so I can switch back and forth between tunes and stock. Not interested in having to send the ecu out however.

I'm sure some serious gains could be made by just increasing boost pressure, but I believe I read that the tranny is the weak link in the drivetrain. Yikes.

SOS in Arizona is working on the ecu for a tune.

its a dog eat dog world out there...

This is the only thing back from buying a gen 2 nsx. It's rediculous the car has been out this long and no one offers options.

I bet a 93 or e85 tune would really wake it up!

Have you driven the new NSX for any length of time?
What are you driving now?

I emailed them about 6 months ago and they told me the same.... It's almost like no one wants to release a tune for fear another vendor will copy it...
the number of cars out there probably doesn't justify the cost.

i think someone email akra about an exhaust and they said its not worth it to them.

the number of cars out there probably doesn't justify the cost.

i think someone email akra about an exhaust and they said its not worth it to them.

Understandable. Hopefully though someone will eventually release a tune. I think it would put the cars performance in a different segment.

Understandable. Hopefully though someone will eventually release a tune. I think it would put the cars performance in a different segment.

Owners will tell you that you need to drive the new NSX for a period of time before you understand the car.
The NSX is not about having the best performance numbers.
If you want big horsepower keep your turbo-ed Audi.

For street use, how much freakin faster do you need to go? I just don't get all the chest thumping "my car hits 60mph .3 seconds faster" crap.

# wintersnotoverandImcranky

Last edited:
I guess its a good thing you have a gen 1 LOL

Another non-NSX owner making negative comments about Gen 1 and Gen 2 NSX's.
Will never own one but has to comment on perceived shortcomings.
Don't add any value and I always wonder why they join Prime.

Where did you hear the tranny is the weak link?

I'd be interested in a tune via handheld programmer connected thru the OBD port, so I can switch back and forth between tunes and stock. Not interested in having to send the ecu out however.

I'm sure some serious gains could be made by just increasing boost pressure, but I believe I read that the tranny is the weak link in the drivetrain. Yikes.

Ha Ha littlebobbas has bigbobbas:wink:

I actually owned a gen 1 years ago. Loved the car but eventually got tired of it being so damn slow on the straight aways....

If my transmission blows up will one of you guys trade me?

I'm excited quicksilver exhaust should be here Friday. Will try and post before and after dyno numbers if you guys want to see them.

Last edited:
Back