• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why no tuning options?

Ok noted a no so far on the transmission trade idea. But will do on the exhaust.

It needs something soooo badly.

Yes All the shops out there are in the same boat waiting for someone to crack the ECU, but the reality is that Honda relaese the GT3 version of our cars and already did it for us...

The new NSX GT3 version puts down 620-630HP without the electric motors so a 120-130 HP increase from our version, with that being said someone please get your ass to a racing team with a GT3 and realse that tune to us !!!

Yeah the truth is all the standard tuning tools that are usually available don't communicate with the NSX. Also the layout of the engine wiring make it difficult for something like a piggyback to be added.

We haven't given up hope but honestly whoever does crack it will of spent an amazing amount of time and energy to get this accomplished.

Not yet - our tuner is still working on the protocols/maps. The newer ECUs are becoming more and more complex, making it increasingly difficult to crack. Some manufacturers are using government-level encryption on their ECUs per COBB.

I'm eagerly awaiting results as I feel like the NSX should pick up pretty stout gains.

Will update as I hear more!

Yes All the shops out there are in the same boat waiting for someone to crack the ECU, but the reality is that Honda relaese the GT3 version of our cars and already did it for us...

The new NSX GT3 version puts down 620-630HP without the electric motors so a 120-130 HP increase from our version, with that being said someone please get your ass to a racing team with a GT3 and realse that tune to us !!!

Just get a GT3 exhaust and maybe figure out some sensor subs so it doesn't throw codes if it does.

Apparently you may not realize that literally every other performance car out there has some type of aftermarket tune. In most cases it drastically increases power or forced induction vehicles.

Apparently you may not realize that literally every other performance car out there has some type of aftermarket tune. In most cases it drastically increases power or forced induction vehicles.
I had no idea this is possible!

I must tell all my CTS-V buddies about this.

I must tell my land-cruiser buddies:encouragement:

Great! Look forward!

Just curious about the total power of NSX, 500HP from engine and 37 x 2 + 47HP, 121 HP from electric motors, I know peak HP for Hybrid won't be just simply add all power together, but from ~621 total HP from all sources to just 573, I wonder where the 47HP goes? does the rear motor shut off while the 3.5 turbo engine rev up? It would be nice to keep that 47 HP at high rpm too ...

I still think the reasons for slow sell on the NSX are, it comes out a bit too late, should be at least 2 or 3 year ago, and the price is a bit too steep plus buyers are not crazy to hybrid yet, OR .. if Honda/Acura push it to north of 600HP, then buyers will "accept" the ~ $185K price more, I really hope Honda/Acura will do something similar to Mclaren, can offer a factory tune to make the NSX a touch over 600HP as the 12C. (from 592HP to 620HP) Buyers seek for those number on papers, so they feel good during Saturday morning Cars and Coffee chat.

While the 2.9 second 0-60mph time is quite amazing for a car with "just" 573HP and 3900 lb ...

I still think the reasons for slow sell on the NSX are, it comes out a bit too late, should be at least 2 or 3 year ago, and the price is a bit too steep plus buyers are not crazy to hybrid yet, OR .. if Honda/Acura push it to north of 600HP, then buyers will "accept" the ~ $185K price more, I really hope Honda/Acura will do something similar to Mclaren, can offer a factory tune to make the NSX a touch over 600HP as the 12C. (from 592HP to 620HP) Buyers seek for those number on papers, so they feel good during Saturday morning Cars and Coffee chat.

While the 2.9 second 0-60mph time is quite amazing for a car with "just" 573HP and 3900 lb ...

I think you mean more like 3.2-3.3 0-60 (haven't seen any real world numbers at 2.9)
If the car could be tuned to run under 3 sec 0-60 & mid 10's that would be sufficient for most.

Last edited:
I think if you guys had a gt3 spec tuned Nsx and drove it on the street you’d absolutely hate every minute of it. Personally I think the ice engine should be left alone and the electric motor side be tuned and software upgraded. But that’s just me.

I have seen most 0-60mph test time between 2.8 to 3.1 .. slowest is 3.5 (wet, and other cars' numbers are slow too) so I guess 2.9 to 3.0 makes sense, some drag tests are even as quick/quicker than P100D, 488 even Aventador .. but being that heavy, 1/4 mile time or 1/2 won't be as good as others.

However, extra HP is always welcome .. :)

It sure would be nice if our 3.5L TTV6 made as much power as the one in the road-going Ford GT. Of course, the long-term durability of the Ford motor remains to be seen...

It sure would be nice if our 3.5L TTV6 made as much power as the one in the road-going Ford GT. Of course, the long-term durability of the Ford motor remains to be seen...

Or Honda/Acura can do a "over boost" for a short time, say 10 second, to allow more power, or allow both the 3.5TT and the 48HP motor push power at high rpm .. :tongue:

Anyway, still tons of snow outside, won't be able to pick up mine for few more week ..z..z..z...

Or Honda/Acura can do a "over boost" for a short time, say 10 second, to allow more power, or allow both the 3.5TT and the 48HP motor push power at high rpm .. :tongue:

Anyway, still tons of snow outside, won't be able to pick up mine for few more week ..z..z..z...

I like the overboost for about 10.7 seconds ��

Back