• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why?

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/16/why-are-saudi-youths-mounting-cars-on-brick-plinths/
:confused::confused::confused:

512336365.jpg

512336430.jpg

512336411.jpg

512336398.jpg

512336389.jpg

512336356.jpg

Because they have too much time and they didn't wanted to drift :biggrin:

More shrapnel for when the curious infidels come over to take a look.

In all honesty, though, I've done some stuff that I can't explain over the years. They're probably just bored and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Learned a new word today: Plinth.

Last edited:
They live in tents, yet choose to put their stone building skills to work putting cars on bricks, LOL.

Kelvin... your a way better person than this bro....

I know why... they are showing their peers you can get pics looked at and attention via the internet without suicide bombing and killing innocent people...

So in a sense... they are pretty dam successful getting you to post this... probably sitting in a tent patting one guy on the head stating "who knew such a foolish prank would get stupid Americans to generate ad revenue so we can buy bags of mortar and put these bricks to use and build a dam movie theater... if the darn Koran would let us that is"

If we question the outcasts for terrorism... then clown the unresourceful.... what does that make us?

And thanks for posting these pics... finding these people in pictures actually smiling is a rare find...

so.... good find

and clown on some rednecks or people who had a real future as a possibility since they choose to be who they are...

just like these guys... we didn’t get to choose where we were born... and what a big difference that makes these days

maybe because they looked at a few pics of people "planking" and thought "hmm, how could be do something that looks more stupid than that?"

Kelvin... your a way better person than this bro....
I know why... they are showing their peers you can get pics looked at and attention via the internet without suicide bombing and killing innocent people...

So in a sense... they are pretty dam successful getting you to post this... probably sitting in a tent patting one guy on the head stating "who knew such a foolish prank would get stupid Americans to generate ad revenue so we can buy bags of mortar and put these bricks to use and build a dam movie theater... if the darn Koran would let us that is"

If we question the outcasts for terrorism... then clown the unresourceful.... what does that make us?

And thanks for posting these pics... finding these people in pictures actually smiling is a rare find...

so.... good find

and clown on some rednecks or people who had a real future as a possibility since they choose to be who they are...
just like these guys... we didn’t get to choose where we were born... and what a big difference that makes these days

Ross, Huh? What? :confused:

......most likely hell week at the local fraternities:biggrin:

Ross, Huh? What? :confused:

I just hate seeing this shit... even in the off topic section... why???

The chineese dood who sold a ton of american bought goods that broke after we bought them so can kill a lambo = a moron... I can take... it wasd stupid funny

but why did you tease me into looking at people that have nothing and clowning on them...

this is a car forum not a look at how many posts I have club...

give me my dam "hottest girl thread" back instead of "post anything but hot chicks" and i'll have sanity... it had a million hits for a reason

I like Kelvin but open ended threads about nothing have been bothering me a bit

no pun bro

Maybe initially they just wanted to build a platform to display the cars and after it's done out of boredom they started to fill up the gaps and holes...

I just hate seeing this shit... even in the off topic section... why???

The chineese dood who sold a ton of american bought goods that broke after we bought them so can kill a lambo = a moron... I can take... it wasd stupid funny

but why did you tease me into looking at people that have nothing and clowning on them...

this is a car forum not a look at how many posts I have club...

give me my dam "hottest girl thread" back instead of "post anything but hot chicks" and i'll have sanity... it had a million hits for a reason

I like Kelvin but open ended threads about nothing have been bothering me a bit

no pun bro
Ross, I'm sorry if my posts offended you. I wasn't trying to be condescending. I happened to come across a car related story that seemed extremely odd and illogical to me, and my natural reaction was to post about it on a car forum. Sorry it rubbed you the wrong way. My comment about the people in the pictures living in tents was not a put down, but a factual statement. My mind simply couldn't comprehend that stacking cars on stones would be considered a good use of resources when it could be better utilized for other purposes (like building stone structures to live in). But that aside, who would even think to stack cars on top of stones in the first place? :confused: It's just bizarre. If my car was one of my few prized possessions, the last thing I would want to do is scratch up the paint and screw up the suspension by messing with it like that.

Just to be clear, if you think I was "clowning" on less fortunate people, you're sadly mistaken. I would find this behavior just as ridiculous if it were the 1% doing it, so you can spare me your lecture.

Last edited:
Here's a video that was posted a year ago. I wish I could understand what they are saying.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSuFReRWgBM?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSuFReRWgBM?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Edit: Here are a couple more links from 2009. Apparently this is some kind of bizarre art form that has been going on for a while. I still don't get it, but whatever.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e18_1256799098
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de1_1255056540

Last edited:
Yeah, they're just having a big time. Somebody cool thought it was neat to do something and it spread into a fad.

If life gives you rocks.....

stuff them into places, I guess. ?

Last edited:
Why the hate for the GMC trucks?

Maybe some of our brothers who speak this language can enlighten us as to why these boys seem so happy?

1) it's the most reliable car Toyota currently makes.

2) It has the highest residual value of any car model sold in the U.S.

3) It is consistently in the top 5 for overall cost of ownership over a five year period.

4) despite being a hybrid, it has received excellent crash test scores from NHTSA and IIHS.

5) Despite returning the highest MPG of any standard car sold in the U.S., it is one of the roomiest in its class.

6) despite hybrid competition from others, it is known to be the best car in its category.

7) it packs an enormous amount of technology in a car that starts at $22,000. Some like to say that is "expensive" but in fact it is a mid-size car loaded with quite a few features that cost extra on other cars. Size for size and feature for feature it compares favorably with others even if you don't take its MPG into account.

Many care more about these things than 0-60 time.

These are all arguments for this car despite its "green" image. That's why.

Is it exciting? No. But when you need an appliance, it's perfect. Sometimes you just need a car to get you from A to B, as efficiently as possible. Just like you need a stove to cook or a fridge to store food. Doesn't have to be fancy. It does it's job very well.

Re the originl topic:

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to do that to my neighbor's car.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I find it kind of interesting. I think it makes a cool visual statement. It's certainly not the worst thing they could be doing with their time.

Because they think Hellaflush is hella boring so they opt to do the even more stupid HellaRocking. Both methods render those cars undrivable. No?
Steve

Back