• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wide body kit

Andrie, Can you get the Marga Hills side skirts? If so how much (in us$)? and how long of wait?

One last Q. Do the front fenders need to be wide body for the front edge of the side skirts to match? Or will they fit stock NSX fenders?

By they way, those of you who regularly talk smack are welcome to run against me at any of the South Central region Drag Wars. That is, if you don't mind getting smacked down by a 'blvd pimp.' Talk is cheap.

that sounds cool David, I'm glad you like your NSX as a drag car. But if you ever want to run with us left coasters, we perfer a track with a few turns in them.

oh, btw, a Supra with the same amount of money put into it as your NSX but no 335 tires would kick the @#$% out your NSX in a drag race.
smile.gif

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

Originally posted by maomaonsx:
that sounds cool David, I'm glad you like your NSX as a drag car. But if you ever want to run with us left coasters, we perfer a track with a few turns in them.

oh, btw, a Supra with the same amount of money put into it as your NSX but no 335 tires would kick the @#$% out your NSX in a drag race.
smile.gif

Happy to run you at TWS, then. A great track with a very high speed straight and some good turns. See you there soon, I hope.

And, yes, a Supra with the same amount of money would be faster; but then I'd be driving a Supra, wouldn't I? Come to think of it, a mini van with the same amount of money you have into your NSX would be faster, but so what? You are making another completely irrelevant point.

By the same token, I could prep a Viper that would kick the @#$% out of your NSX on any road course for less money. A friend of mine dogged two Porsche full race GT-3 cars at TWS with a street legal (barely) Viper. What does that have to do with any of this?

I understand you have a vested interest in bad-mouthing Comptech because they are a competitor of yours. Everything Japanese that you can import and make money off of is good; everything Comptech sells that takes a sale from you is bad. I have been reading your posts for a couple of years and it is always the same.

Guys, I think some of u take this kind of posts too seriously. I'm sorry if I offend anyone as I don't intend to do so. I always think that the NSX comunity consists of nice people. And so far everybody I met are nice. Sometimes it is hard to transmit a correct tone thru writing. Especially thru this kind of posts. Again, I'm sorry if I offend any of u. And hope we all can put this behind.
smile.gif

Geez, you guys are taking this way too serously.

BTW, I do not make any money for the parts I import for people. I do not know where you get the ideas I make money by importing parts. Please don't insult me by saying I'm a greedy bitch who cares about making the tiny profit margins off importing Japanese parts. Almost everyday I have to answer a few e-mails about this and that Japanese parts. And I never tell those people, that I would charge them a premium for my service.

and whatever I said is based on my experience. I just think some of you have too little expectation of what quality is.
And many of you want to cheap out on your nice cars, I just don't get it. Would you ever buy a K-mart dress for your significant other?
LOL

go figure, you guys are way too much.

Let's make peace alrite?
Comptech is god!
NOS is good
And 335 tires sticks like glue~

now back to enjoying your nice Honda sports car.

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

Geez, everyone go out and have a nice drive!

You are all regulars here... We all have our opinions but there is no need to put down other cars and ABSOLUTELY no place for name calling.

Regardless of who's correct, why dont we just can the topic and leave it at that. Some of us are doing the internet equivalent of mudslinging on the playground like 5 year old children. Anyone ever heard the expression "Just let it slide"?

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

Actually you're all correct,…well most of you.Depending on which 1 of the 3 different NSX's you are referring to.
(The red one) Work wheels too small, front bumper opening too round and w/cut-out looks like RX-7.
(Quantuum)Not too bad, why? Could it be the…Phase Hood, Phase frt Fenders, Phase side and Phase rear lower skirts and Phase rear spoiler. Or maybe it's just the bigger wheels.
(3rd) Okay, Okay never mind.
For those that like it, can foresee that it comes from substance, and with a little imagination, it has potential.
Andrie>"The reason the rear panel were design that way is to add more down force. Those kit are replica to the kit NSX uses in JGTC."
Did any of you guys catch that? Did you just ignore it because you didn't want to look stupid and ask. In defense it's (Japan Grand Touring Car) This is real racing obviously beyond what most of you can comprehend. Andrie is correct.These JGTC kit as designed to keep the car on the road at 100+ mph while encountering a 30mph turn and 6-8 guys on your ass.(And look so cool doing it) But, we're not racing, as Lud says,> "It is impractical to add a lot of aerodynamic downforce to a street car because drag will go way up." The Air Splitters have been removed. They've surgically reduced, re-shaped and blended the JGTC racing kit rear fenders to comply with the law and the very narrow streets of Japan. When parked, side mirrors must be folded in, wide bodies as well. So there is a lot of missing items and without them I think this kit looks funky. A+ for craftsmanship which is why some of you actually like it. This also shows that quality of work can really determine the results.
For those that hate it, the cars do look fake chunky and clunky. I too already mentioned to Andrie that it reminded me of the late70's Ford Mustang/Chevy Monza Trans-Am Racing Series. Do the words "Gambella Porsche" mean anything to you guys? Personally I think it looks kinda tacky but I say that knowing what the real JGTC is suppose to look like.
Comparativly to what some of us have seen already(Japan is 2 years ahead of us)the Comptech aka Wings West is far from what some would call aerodynamically advanced.
Merely widening the Honda beautifully styled NSX existing panels is nothing more than widening the existing panels. Styled out of Honda's own Design Studio and only able to come up with wider panels. Yeah, right. Please don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for Comptech, and will continue to keep the friendly relationship I have today, but really let's not insult Honda in the process.
Blade>"The Kit looks pretty sweet; however, it looks like a hybrid of other kits I have seen."
Think hard Blade.
Blade>"My fav. has always been the MOBIL 1NSX and I love the body design. I wish there was a site that was devoted to the MOBIL 1, Raybrig, or TAKATA NSX."
Take another look and compare. Those are the JGTC kits Andrie is referring too,
and yes one of my favorites also.
David,…wow those were some pretty harsh statements, coming from drag fan myself next time…I think it be best you keep that drag racing stuff to yourself. ssshhhhhh . Respectfully speaking, there not a whole of science in Drag Racing compared to the world reknowned forms of real racing. At first I was going to post my negative thoughts on the JGTC pictures but by the time I got on you had already made an ass of yourself. Thanks for absorbing most of the hits…But I was going make comments in reference to knowing what it's really like, rather than not knowing at all.
I thought the purpose of this forum is to educate and expose us to things we don't know.
Lud> What are you trying to accomplish here? What problem are you trying to solve with this upgrade? If you let us know what you're after I'm sure we can give you some suggestions.
We should be thankful that Andrie posted it. Maybe it isn't the best, but we now have something more to compare against. And to some,… will start realize that Comptech is a fraction of what is offered in the WORLD of aftermarket. By the way did anyone know that originally there was a Comptech of Japan before? (no relation to Comptech USA)
Did anyone realize that the Phase kit is/came from the original Comptech of Japan bodykit?

Originally posted by Bruce:
Personally I think it looks kinda tacky but I say that knowing what the real JGTC is suppose to look like.

Bruce, If you read the thread, you will see that is pretty much the point I made before folks started in with the name calling.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 10 February 2001).]

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
What do u guys think of this kit?

PIC001351.jpg

PIC00179.jpg

Digging up this long-dead thread, mainly as these kits (Taitec/Sorcery) are starting to become more available from outfits like Science of Speed and Cybernation.

I kinda like these two -- going sticker-less on the red car is cleaner IMO. In racey RED, a significant improvement over the stock lines IMO.

I have never been a fan of the Japanese style 'race car' kits, but they are deffinately much nicer when not covered in stickers.
; )

Enrique's car is very nice an clean looking and is one of the few of that style that I have a lot of respect for, even if it is not they way I have gone. He did a wonderful job on it.

One of the things I like about the CT kit is that it looks like a body design that could have (should have?) come from the factory. In fact, I almost didn't get the scoop hood because I was afraid it would be too 'boy racer.' But, I thought the car had enough visual mass to make make the hood look good. And, it has grown on me. Ken, thinks its (the CT kit) ugly, but I like it and that's all that really matters.

fdcead49.jpg

fdcead62.jpg

fdcead91.jpg

I am really happy with the path I have chosen, but that is why there is more than one flavor of ice cream, right?

[This message has been edited by David (edited 14 April 2002).]

Suggestion: Why don't all of you signup for the NSX Tough Man Comptetion. Leave your cars in the parking lot and bring your gloves. 3 rounds and it's settled. Aside from being shown in the ring, they may do a pre-interview with each of you showing your cars.

Does anyone know of a carbon fiber wide body kit available "now" price range somewhere about 10,000-15,000.I am interested in the front and rear fenders possibly the nose.
Price is not an issue "premium quality and fit is".
I would like the most radical kit available conservative we are not.
Please help...
Thanks in advance!!

------------------

MyNSX,

If you are interested in a CF wide body kit for the NSX, we can help. We produce the highest quality carbon fiber panels utilizing Japanese Spec Fiber. Our layer has been doing this for over 10 years for F1 cars, Mugen, F&F, and other customers seeking their own look. Feel free to give us a call or send us an e-mail anytime.
A CT kit like David's in CF would be incredible.

Speed Safely,

Factor X Motorsports.com

Originally posted by Factor X Motorsports:

If you are interested in a CF wide body kit for the NSX, we can help. We produce the highest quality carbon fiber panels utilizing Japanese Spec Fiber. Our layer has been doing this for over 10 years for F1 cars, Mugen, F&F, and other customers seeking their own look. Feel free to give us a call or send us an e-mail anytime.

[/B]

Have you guys ever thought of making a rear diffuser like the TAITEC one, except make it so that you could use a range of aftermarket exhausts with it?

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

Originally posted by NSX4U2:

Suggestion: Why don't all of you signup for the NSX Tough Man Comptetion.
You talking about a bodykit bake-off ??

That might be interesting, although I find out that most "import" scene gatherings talk about quarter-mile bench-racing, g-blaster stereos and electronics setups, flaming flake paint, and gaudy stickers.

Not necessarily the best venue to showcase an NSX. A uber-boosted F150 Lightning might be a better bet
biggrin.gif

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

Originally posted by Factor X Motorsports:
If you are interested in a CF wide body kit for the NSX, we can help.
I think the parts from the new NSX-R would be a great initial offering. Sign me up for the rear end.

fdcadc19.jpg

fdcadc17.jpg

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 21 April 2002).]

Back