• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Widebody Gallardo

Re: Wide body Gallardo

As much as I'm into wide body's, I'm going to give this my personal thumbs down. The Gallardo is all about sharp lines and a lack of curvaceous qualities. This wide body is eerily similar to the Lorinser kit for Mercedes. I think that a wide body kit for the Gallardo could be done, but this is not it.

bodypainter said:
Okay, I can see that being desirable on a Toyota Celica (actually I can't, isn't the Celica front wheel drive?) but does a Gallardo need or benefit from wider tires? I would think the engineers at Lambo would have optimized the tire sizes for performance given the available horsepower and suspension geometry.

Of course to some people's eyes the wider the tires, the better it looks but we're back to doing this only for looks and not for performance. Doesn't compute when you're talking about a car that's purpose built for performance in the first place.

To be clear, I have no problem with these kits if they really are all for show and not for go. I just keep thinking that surely there's some performance benefit, that someone who'd spend that kind of money for a performance car wouldn't then turn around and spend even more to make the performance worse.

don't suck the fun out of it :( :p

everyone buys their cars for different reasons. well less than half of the owners who buy these will ever go fast enough to realize their power/gains or losses from something like this.

bodypainter said:
Okay, I can see that being desirable on a Toyota Celica (actually I can't, isn't the Celica front wheel drive?) but does a Gallardo need or benefit from wider tires? I would think the engineers at Lambo would have optimized the tire sizes for performance given the available horsepower and suspension geometry.

Of course to some people's eyes the wider the tires, the better it looks but we're back to doing this only for looks and not for performance. Doesn't compute when you're talking about a car that's purpose built for performance in the first place.

To be clear, I have no problem with these kits if they really are all for show and not for go. I just keep thinking that surely there's some performance benefit, that someone who'd spend that kind of money for a performance car wouldn't then turn around and spend even more to make the performance worse.

generally no..19 inch rims don't make you faster..and body kits..well I doubt they tested drag coefficients on this stuff so I'd say no. It's just for show..if you have a really fast car..you can afford to give a little bit up. It's about being different...people want to stand out..it's not enough that you pay some ridiculous price for a car just cause you can, then there's another guy with one..so you want yours to stand out so you....yadda yadda yadda you get the point. I think I might just stick to corrollas :)

Re: Toy yoda?!?

Osiris_x11 said:
Funny you say that... as the first time I saw the Lamborghini Gallardo a year or so ago, I thought it was a Celica widebody... :tongue:
Anyways, the Gallardo widebody looks cool... I imagine in person it's probably as wide as it's already uber-chub' sibling, the Murcielago! :biggrin:

That's funny. The first time I saw the Celica, I thought it was a bad copy of the Lambo Cala.

Attachments

• cala.jpg
    cala.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 92
Osiris_x11 said:
...the first time I saw the Lamborghini Gallardo a year or so ago, I thought it was a Celica widebody...
The first time I saw this widebody Gallardo I thought it was Danny DeVito :eek: ... it's a little too short and fat for my taste. If you painted it pink, it could be a piggy bank. :biggrin:

rickysals said:
don't suck the fun out of it
I'm sorry - lightening up ... now! :)

Seriously, I hereby resolve to revel in the joy others' take from their toys as much as I do mine. Here's to a joyful Y2k6!

Nah, not feeling the body kit on the Gallardo....

Hopefully, the black F430 spider next to the Gallardo in the first pick, isn't next for widebody kit fitting...

Re: Toy yoda?!?

Osiris_x11 said:
11954Car_got_broken_into_001-med.jpg

Yup thats my car. As you can see, the passenger window is down. Actually, not really.....somebody broke in to my car that day. Now its in the process of getting the widebody kit like the red car, but mine will be Top Secret GOld

I love the Gallardo, wish I could afford one.

Back