• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Widny City and Exotic Motors in North west Illinois

I've never heard of Windy City Motors.

A web search says there's an Exotic Motors in Palatine. That's a suburb northwest of Chicago, and is NOT in "Northwest Illinois". It's reasonably close to Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates, which does a lot of NSX service work and is a good place for a pre-purchase inspection.

Oh my bad. Im not from here just here till wed and im looking around the city for some NSX's for sale. They have a total of 3 between them. Im in linconshire for the week so if anyone knows of any for sale in this area let me know.

I've been to Exotic Motors. It's your typical Chicago internet car sales company-- industrial warehouse with cars packed in end to end. Sparse front office with a bunch of younger tuner types hanging around on a couch. The car I looked at fell short of their description. These internet companies excel at leaving out the negative details of a car. They must come from the real estate business (or vice versa).

Its a tactical approach when you call Windy City Motors, their sales team would be interested in the first 10 seconds of your conversation and the rest is history. So have your questions ready, be quick and refrain yourself from asking questions that couldn't be answered in a Yes/No fashion.

Well i went and looked at all 3 cars.
good people only one car I would think about buying however I would want to see it outside. it rained all day today so i couldn't bring any cars outside.

Queston-
on the body panels bolted down (like fenders under hood, and panels in the rear under trunk.) Does Honda paint over these bolts? like assemble the body then paint over everything?

Queston-
on the body panels bolted down (like fenders under hood, and panels in the rear under trunk.) Does Honda paint over these bolts? like assemble the body then paint over everything?
Yes, those bolts are painted over when the car comes from the factory.

The paint is refered to as "touque stripe". It lets all concerned know the painted bolt has been tightened to the proper touque and also acts as a flag to let you know if it has loosened by the paint stripe that is no longer aligned.

Cheers
nigel

how was the car at exotic motors?, i contacted them about a week ago about it, i have a hard time buying from a dealership because they dont really know the history. the pics of it looked great.
what was the good and bad of the car?

thanks for letting me know

Well the pictures make the car look alot better then it is.
Im super weary of buying from a dealer as well thats why I went to look.
I have carfax on both cars and it seems to have a hard life failing emissions alot.
Car looks alright for how many miles are on it. however I believe the whole thing has been repainted.
I know for a fact the front bumper has been and they did a bad job leaving some blemish in the paint (i noticed a note on his desk about the front bumper so they are prob trying to fix it. )

they also have a nice red 97 there that one has less mileage however seems to look like it has more wear on some of the components inside and outside the car.

I could prob buy the 97 and be some what happy however I think im going to hold off on both of them. I love black but not at that price and if its been totally repainted except the roof. However car fax says 6 owners :(

Its funny the black one must of just got back from the body shop. it has soapy/wet sanding residue all over everything that isn’t a body panel. lol like when you pop open the hood and in the rear. I also found a razor blade that had to been used to help take off the masking tape on the car.

I feel bad saying this all because the black gentleman (super bad with names) that helped me was real cool for a car salesman , totally into cars/racing and I would go back just for him.

Sorry for the book, hope it might save you some time.

no thats exactly what i was wanting to hear, i just began my search for my nsx, im selling my 05 escalade ext, which is my dd, private party at the moment, and have someting else to drive until the perfect nsx presents itself, and you just saved me from a possible waisted trip, thanks:wink:

Back