• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wierd electrical issue, HELP!!

OK NSX Geniuses,

My NSX is driving great, during the day... It's night time driving that is the problem. When I have my lights on, and switch on the brights, I have 2 engine codes that momentarily light up. It happens quick, the TCS light and one other yellow one light up for a split second AND the radio cuts out for a second or so.

Last night, I was slowing down as I rolled up to a stop sign, I had my brights on and the clutch pedal pushed in when I switched off the brights. The RPM's then dropped and the car died!

I started the engine back up, drove another 2 miles to the next intersection, switched off the brights, boom, same thing, warning lights came on the dash, RPM's dropped, engine died.

The part about the engine dying has not happened until last night. The codes flashing and radio cutting out with the brights going on/off has been happening for the last month or so.

Any suggestions? Something simple, something difficult?

Yes, I already know the obvious, don't drive at night:rolleyes:

It could be the alternator/voltage regulator. What does the voltage gauge show when the car is running? Watch the gauge and see how much of a change there is when switching the lights.

Well I appreciate all of the advice. I checked the battery terminals and the positive terminal was pretty crapped up. I cleaned it up and haven't had any problems since. We'll see if it all holds up.

Thanks a lot, PRIME ROCKS!!!!

Back