• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will Stoptech BBK clear 02+ wheels front and back?

Will Stoptech BBK calipers clear OEM 02+ wheels front and rears ?

Anybody know or tried that?

thanks in advance

I am sure it will clear the spokes with a 25 mm spacer but not sure about clearing the barrel area?

Here are the pics. The front will clear with at least 15mm. The rears need at least 5mm to be safe. As you may notice, I let the cardboard hang 1mm from the caliper template edge and the hub is cut as close as possible to the template.

The pics include with and without my 15mm H&R hubcentric spacers. Without them, the template twist as it touches the back of the spokes, but the pics don't capture the twist angle that well especially for the front without the spacer.

The question now is testing this on the C28N high pad - perhaps someone knows the relationship between 02+ with 15mm vs C28N high pad without spacers.

Last edited:
I printed the same thing out last night to measure against my new wheels and noticed my copy was approx 1.5-2.0 mm smaller than the diagram measurements. I'm not sure if it's variation from printer to printer. Anyone else come across this?

I printed the same thing out last night to measure against my new wheels and noticed my copy was approx 1.5-2.0 mm smaller than the diagram measurements. I'm not sure if it's variation from printer to printer. Anyone else come across this?

Under printer options, you should change the scale until the printer's output matches the check scale on the diagram. 102% is what I use on our printer here.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Excellent point and observation :eek: I did not focus on this.

I measured my template and then a new print out. The horizontal measurements are within 1mm of what the number show they should be; some are dead on some are off! But the vertical measurements are way off, something like 4-5mm - this even after I printed it at 105%!!

So, even at being 4-5mm short on the vertical axis, this should give more "assurance" that the caliper will clear the 02+ with 15mm spacers with more margin as it will be pushed further up - I assume.

Last edited:
I heard the Stoptech BBK caliper is physically larger and even wider than the Brembo BBK, but I can't confirm this as I haven't seen both of them side by side.

Can anyone confirm?

Any other BBK that will clear 02 wheels?

With spacers, the Brembo "Indy" caliper fits the front. I know this first-hand. They look like they will also fit the rears, again, with spacers.

J

Edit: oh and by the way - most of the pics SOS has on their site of the StopTechs are on a car with '02+ wheels. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Per SOS
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/Stoptech/big_brake_system/

"Wheel combinations that clear StopTech brakes for NSX:
Advan RS, RZ, RS-D, and RG-D
front: 17 or 18 x 8.0+37, rear 18 or 19 x 10.0+35

Volk Racing CE28N
front: 17x8.0+38, rear 18x9.5+36

Advan Model T5
front: 17x8.0+38, rear: 18x10.0+42

factory Honda 2002-2005 wheels
require 15mm spacer front, 25mm spacer rear"

stoptechbanner_450.jpg

Back