• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Willow Springs SoCal Track Day

Yesterday, a few NSXPrime drivers had a fun track day at a Willow Springs (big track) event, set up by qwksti. Although a large number of participants were STI owners, several NSX owners joined in on the fun, including ryneen, YellowHaze, SilverOne, Powered by Honda, and CDub, who brought out his Evo. Other than it being a bit windy at times, the weather was great. There were a few spinouts, but I didn't notice any major incidents.

Here are a few pics:

IMG_3570.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_35541.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3600.JPG

IMG_35751.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

Nice job, Randy. Hey, my first photo of me driving my NSX on a track. Woo-hoo!

It was a great day. Unbelieveable track time. I'll be posting photos as well shortly. A big thanks to Patrick for making this awesome event happen.

Steve

PS. Which car is yours, Randy?

Nice job, Randy. Hey, my first photo of me driving my NSX on a track. Woo-hoo!

It was a great day. Unbelieveable track time. I'll be posting photos as well shortly. A big thanks to Patrick for making this awesome event happen.

Steve

PS. Which car is yours, Randy?
Mine is the black one that isn't in any of the pics. :D

Mine is the black one that isn't in any of the pics. :D

If you were in group 1, then I recall seeing you "running with 'da fast boys". What number did your car have?

Some more photos of our March 23, 2009 day at Willow Springs...

How I got 3 tires into the cockpit
Tracktiresincockpit.jpg

Me waiting for my first track run session with group 2 cars
Mewithcarreadytogo.jpg

Me and other group 2 cars on pit row
Strapped-inwideshot.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

Nose right at the finish line
IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Turn 1
Turnonewideangleshot.jpg

Turns 4 and 5 in the distance
Turns4and5longdistanceshot.jpg

Subie row
Subierow.jpg

Ferdie and his 500+HP Subie
FergiewithraceSubie.jpg

These two shots were taken by Patrick who organized this event- nice!
WillowSprings.jpg

Turn4atWillowSprings.jpg

Last edited:
Finally, one of the best threads on Prime in a long time! The NSX is a dying breed on the track it seems- we are blessed with 3 great tracks in NorCal and the NSX really shines in its element.

Speaking of shine- those cars are way too shiny for track days. :smile: It's OK to kill a few bugs with your bumper.

Last edited:
Finally, one of the best threads on Prime in a long time! The NSX is a dying breed on the track it seems- we are blessed with 3 great tracks in NorCal and the NSX really shines in its element.

Speaking of shine- those cars are way too shiny for track days. :smile: It's OK to kill a few bugs with your bumper.

Glad you enjoyed our posting, Larry. I hope to visit one or more of the NorCal tracks one day. Also, while we did our share of killing bugs that day at Willow, I taped my car as well as I did so as not to degrade the shine on my "yellow" I have worked so hard to maintain. One of my bucket list items is to own a dedicated track car, perhaps an NSX. Then, I can save on the cost of tape.

Back