• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wind Noise Over 125mph

I thought this might be the best place to post this as we all have high speed capability. On the way home from Sebring Int. Raceway I wanted to see how she feels up top. I don't think I have had the car over 100mph up until today. When I got to around 125 the wind started to whistle, at 150mph it was getting really loud and at 165mph it was ridiculous. I got out of it there as I still don't have my afr gauge and boost gauge hooked up so I didn't want to push it more without knowing the numbers. The point is do all these cars make so much noise and if they do is there anything that can be done about it? I was afraid that maybe the windows would suck out or something as I know back in the old days the 930 Porsches that were built and could do over 200mph had to have the windows taped or they would suck out and possibly break. I don't plan on doing this that much but down here in Florida they have an airfield that is used to do mile runs and I would like to try it if they ever can get the county to issue permits again.

Last edited:
yeah mine needs it to. I got mine up to 125 the other day and you could hear a sucking sound on the driverside window.

so yes the window alignments is needed.

and dont worry your windows are not gonna suck out and explode.

this is a Honda better design than your other cars you posted about.

yeah mine needs it to. I got mine up to 125 the other day and you could hear a sucking sound on the driverside window.

so yes the window alignments is needed.

and dont worry your windows are not gonna suck out and explode.

this is a Honda better design than your other cars you posted about.
You're going to get the Porsche fans feathers ruffled.

To do the window alignment, look in the Body section of the service manual for Door Glass Adjustment.

My windows sucked away from their seals at higher speeds and created lots of wind noise until I aligned them. After aligning the windows to the specifications in the Service Manual, here is the wind noise I have at over 165 mph: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5EmrML3p1U

Conclusion: as everyone else has recommended, align your windows to the specifications in the Service Manual!

First I had my local Honda NSX authorized shop align the windows. At high speed the windows still popped away from their seals so I went back to the shop and asked how they did it. They said that they didn’t follow the procedure in the Service Manual but rather used a method involving a strip of paper that saves time but works just as well. Well, it didn’t.

I aligned the windows (and window sashes!) myself then as per the Service Manual. They were out of alignment in every specification in the book. After aligning them carefully, the windows no longer pop away from their seals.

Back