• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window guide / slider piece

Please see part # 6 in this diagram, the one at the REAR of the window (there's another one of the same part number at the front)

On my driver's door, the window is dropping down at the back end. If I support the top rear corner of the glass and operate the regulator, everything moves up and down just fine. The regulator is relatively new and the window has been working great, sliding up and down fast, no wind noise or water leaks, etc.

At this point I haven't gone farther than pulling the door panel to see where the problem is. It appears that this part, the slider that attaches to the metal clip on the glass, has come apart. Have a new part on order.

I'm trying to avoid completely disassembling the glass, guide channels, regulator, etc. which will likely require adjusting the glass which is a major PIA.

Is there any way to replace this part without pulling the glass out? It looks like I can pull the rear channel out fairly easily, but I'm wondering if the attachment hardware for the slider is accessable with the glass in place.

Thanks!

There's a great thread going on the FB Owner's page, so I have this covered.

Thanks for the link... should have thought of that.

The link isn't working on my Facebook page. I need to do this repair as well. Any other links or search criteria?

Ahhh ok. Can someone give me access.

It's NSX OWNERS GROUP on FB

What's your FB name, Jinks? Let me know and I'll add you to the group.

Last edited:
AJ Jenkins. If that doesn't work, I'll Pm Roger.

Submitted the invite, I think an admin has to approve/activate. You should hear soon.

Submitted the invite, I think an admin has to approve/activate. You should hear soon.

Cool. Thanks guys. So this is an easier process to fix than once imagined?

Looks like it to me, if all you're doing is replacing the sliders. Basically, once the door panel is off, the foam-covered metal pieces at the tops of the channels come off, the door handle comes off, the glass gets unbolted from the regulator and slides up & out of the door. I think the channels stay in place but are loosened on one end. Looks like if you scribe the nut locations onto the door, you may get away with avoiding the adjustment process.

Back