• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator failure

My window ( driver side ) isn't working ( window is now in the door ). As I read in the FAQ it was sure to happen. What can I do? Can I install thingie even after failure? The comlete regulator assembly is around 475$ can
( price quoted from Acura ). I am a bit reluctant to pay for the whole stuff since I suspect everything is still working except the broken little thingie...

Thanks for your advice and help.

typically no, you cant do fixit thingies once its broken. you could try but the success rate is pretty low. the thingy holds a tensioned cable in place. once the thingy breaks, the cable snaps back into the regulator and typically tangles into a useless, untanglable mess. you probably need to eat the cost of a new regulator. the thingies are for preventative maintenance, not repair. there are many shops in the us which will provide discounts, so you probably want to search the forums for names and numbers. i don't know if there are any in canada that discount.

ka-ching...

effer said:
. . . window is now in the door...

Game-over. Sorry... :frown: Check the "for sale" forum or place a "want to buy" thread. Also, check ERZ/All Type Auto for any window regulators they may have from NSX's they've parted out. Various Acura dealers & parts suppliers do offer 25-30% discount on parts. Also, there is a 'Prime member out in BC, Canada who rebuilds/parts-out NSX's I recall; check the Canada forum or open a thread there as well!

I'm curious as to why you didn't pursue the preventive action of installing window "fix-it thingies"? :eek: I recall having a friend help me w/ that even before I filled my first tank of gas!

There's a guy in Brooklyn that rebuilds them, i've used him and he's very affordable...i'll look for his info for you. Also, I have a set of the Dali window fix-its still in the wrapper...if you want them i'll send them to you cheap. I can walk you through regulator uninstall/reinstall if you need.

- Jon

Re: ka-ching...

Osiris_x11 said:

I'm curious as to why you didn't pursue the preventive action of installing window "fix-it thingies"? :eek: I recall having a friend help me w/ that even before I filled my first tank of gas!

Oh! I don't have the thingies. There is a few things I'd like to get like those thingies and a smartenna...

Thanks!

TurboLexus said:
if you want them i'll send them to you cheap. I can walk you through regulator uninstall/reinstall if you need.!

I'd be interested to have them! Thanks very much! You can pm me.

Last edited:
TurboLexus said:
There's a guy in Brooklyn that rebuilds them, i've used him and he's very affordable...i'll look for his info for you. Also, I have a set of the Dali window fix-its still in the wrapper...if you want them i'll send them to you cheap. I can walk you through regulator uninstall/reinstall if you need.

- Jon

Do a search on my name, I posted the contact info and pricing on the DIY forum. He will need 1 rebuilt regulator and 1 fix-it thingie. Parts should total about $75 and you can DIY. If not, labor will be 5-6 hours for both.

Yeah, the market place posts have to be approved by moderator. Give it a day or so.

Back