• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator upgrade kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugo, Are you going to NSXPO this year to demonstrate your window upgrades and to do some installations? I'll be dirving my car to NSXPO this year.
Also, would you still consider coming to Hawaii to do some NSX's?
P.S Your PM mail box is full.
Aloha,
Steve

Hi Steve, yes I will be at NSXPO this year!
I am also preparing a regulator TOUR for September, and I would love to go to Hawaii, let's set this up
My PM box is working now

This would be great if you make it to Hawaii. There are a bunch of us ready to install your kit on our cars. I'm sure Steven will find you at NSXPO and you guys can work our the details. Winter is coming up soon so what better place to be when its cold outside than in Hawaii:biggrin:

Attention all Hawaii NSX owners....
If you're interested in having Hugo upgrade your windows in Hawaii, go to the Southwest regional forum, then log into the "Hugabuga's Hawaii window upgrade tour" and add your name to the list.

Hello everyone, i just finished installing Hugos window regulator upgrade. They work great. Simple job with great results. They are well worth it.

Hugo thanks again for the great idea and nicely made parts, Bryan.

Hi Hugo I tried sending you a PM but it said your inbox was full. I would like to order one of your kits for my 98 and was wondering how soon you could ship it since nsxpo is coming up. Please send me a PM with an eta and a total along with your paypal address. Thanks in advance.

Hugo,

I purchased your kit along time ago, the original one. It looks like you have made some great advancements and before I install the kit that you sent me, I'd like to have the additional improvements.

What's the costs for this? I believe I received just the pulleys that you installed during your U.S. Tour. I didn't install mine then, so now I'd like to order the additional parts and do the install myself at one time.

Thanks again,
- Zishan

Hi Zishan nice to see you in Houston last year!
You can buy just the Teflon guides for 100$ of course

I'd like to buy the Teflon guides. If you will give me the PayPal info, I will send funds.

Thanks again Hugo! :smile:

Cant you just shave the rubber guides down some so it drops up and down just like the teflon ones?

Cant you just shave the rubber guides down some so it drops up and down just like the teflon ones?

You have to see these OEM rubber guides to fully understand... After swaping out about 10 of these, there has not been one unit where the original rubber guides were intact and undamaged, half hanging on yet still introducing drag. The original rubber is soft while the teflon is solid, sturdy and slippery.

Not to sound too lazy, but I just recieved a pr. of upgraded regulators with teflon guides that Hugo upgraded for Nuno. Looks like some nice work.:wink:

Anyone heard from Hugo in the last few days? Is he still selling the repair kits?

I ordered my full kit a week back and it arrived Friday. I started my install today, and it was a bit of a challenge at every level...connectors not wanting to come off, screws falling into the door, etc. Also, the instructions are clear, but the part about "1.5 turn preload on the spring" when reassembling the motor drive was one of the hardest things to do! Patience is a virtue I guess.

Here's my issue: The driver's front and rear glass rails are gummed up with old grease/dirt and I think that is what was causing my window raise/lower issues - not the regulator.

Question: is there a way to clean the glass guides without removing them? I'm thinking I'd rather not pull them, but that slotted channel is a pain to reach inside.

I ordered my full kit a week back and it arrived Friday. I started my install today, and it was a bit of a challenge at every level...connectors not wanting to come off, screws falling into the door, etc. Also, the instructions are clear, but the part about "1.5 turn preload on the spring" when reassembling the motor drive was one of the hardest things to do! Patience is a virtue I guess.

Here's my issue: The driver's front and rear glass rails are gummed up with old grease/dirt and I think that is what was causing my window raise/lower issues - not the regulator.

Question: is there a way to clean the glass guides without removing them? I'm thinking I'd rather not pull them, but that slotted channel is a pain to reach inside.

I did this, since my driver side window was still as slow as before Hugo's pulley upgrade. Some pics of the glass guides:

Top: Dirty, bottom: cleaned

Look at that crap. It wasn't grease anymore, more like STONE. Not even rubbery, just SOLID:

Cleaning:

Cleaned:

Then regrease with urea grease. Now everything works fine! A quick way of checking if you need to clean and regrease: While the regulators are out, hold the window with one hand, remove the tape that holds it up and move the window by hand up and down the guides. It should move unhindered. Any binding, and you need a clean and regrease. The process of getting the guides out was not that exhausting. Front and rear sash off, window out, guides out :smile: The manual comes handy here for details. Took maybe 2-3 hrs per side, most was cleaning time.

I recommend a window alignment afterwards.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics!

I opted to clean them without removing them and it worked better than I thought it would. I used a mirror to check my before and after and got the same results you did on the rails, but the sliders I couldn't do obviously. The result was just how you said - the window moves up and down the rails like butter, and all is well.

Thanks for the pics!

I opted to clean them without removing them and it worked better than I thought it would. I used a mirror to check my before and after and got the same results you did on the rails, but the sliders I couldn't do obviously. The result was just how you said - the window moves up and down the rails like butter, and all is well.

I'm glad to hear that. But there is less work taking them out instead :tongue: but also a risk that the alignment is disturbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back