• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator upgrade kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Window regulators upgrade

Wow this is amazing work. You make it look so easy. You deserve an award for this. I have been putting this off on my NSX and now that you are making kits for us do it yourselfers please put me down for one.

Thanks
Rahim

After running several tests, I decided to modify the sleeve.

If we look closely at the worn axle picture of the motor gear housing case we can notice that there are 3 distinguish worn areas, each one for the 3 parts of the core.

9912.jpg

While area 1 and 2 are deeply worn, area 3 however is almost intact, showing only superficial scratches.

9922w.jpg

The reason is because the teeth of the upper wheel (part n.3) are always touching the driveshaft/spindle of the electric motor, that keeps the wheel centered and prevents it to be able to "dig" the plastic alxe.
This is also the reason why the core will end running in a TILT position after wearing the plastic axle.

There is actually no need for the sleeve to cover area 3.
Only core parts 1 and 2 need to be drilled now, no longer needs part 3!

So I will include a shorter sleeve in the kit, and reduce 33% of all drilling job :biggrin:

Here is the pulley fully disassembled. I needed 18 parts (including the 8 bearings balls) to replace the single original plastic guide, plus the sleeve of course to rebuilt the axle, so that's a 19 parts kit!! :biggrin:

a01y.jpg

Again the clearance checking when fit to the regulator in fully opened window position, that is tight!

a02g.jpg

a03w.jpg

Now all is missing is the new shorter sleeve, I will probably have them laser cut also...:wink:

I will also include some friendly instructions, resumed in a few clear steps.

Please put me down for two sets thank you.....

I understand your impatience!

I actually already sent the first and only available kit yesterday to a PrimeMember from Poland.
His feedback will be very helpful to correct or modify the kit, verify the results and how easy or difficult he felt fitting it to the regulator according to the instructions I gave him.
He will be a sort of TEST PILOT I guess :biggrin:

Then, depending on his feedback, kit will be ready or not for delivery to all interested members! :wink:
Thank you all for your interest!

This kit will reduce drag but the inherent problem is also within the motor. You have addressed reducing some of the drag part....can you time the difference between the oem and new one so we can know the difference?

I can't wait for the results....anything is better than nothing.

Yes , I will take two sets also

Thanks

ediddynsx: the sleeve should restore most of the original speed of a new motor to an aged, worn and slower one by rebuilding its axle, while the pulley should increase it over OEM by eliminating most of the cable drag effect...at least that is in theory the purpose of the kit :biggrin:

We can check the difference in these 2 filmed experience I made earlier in the post:

Speed of a modified regulator in the right (with pulley and sleeve), and a standard one in the left:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02jdO48GkYA

window opening and closing, with the modified regulator installed in the door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYv_LwY8BfQ

One kit is already on its way to the first and only buyer, depending on his feedback, I will free the other kits to all interested members...or not yet:wink:

Last edited:

I was almost the first on the list to buy one.. no skipping in line guys..lol

but def put me down for a set.

Also I have seen your videos and have a question. have you put this all together back into the NSX to see the diffence? I mean there are the rubber seals in the door, the rubber seals around the whole door. I know there will be a big difference in speed by your upgrade but just curious.
cuz the videos are of the regulators mounted on a wall, ya know. not in the NSX.

cuz mine is slow yes. but when it gets to the top where the glass meets the rubber its is snail slow.

shawn110975: there is no skipping in line, do not worry! I just accepted to send him the first kit because he already took his regulator out so he was too impatient to wait now of course:smile:.
Your window was slowing down when touching the rubber because the motor was already operating to its limit due to all the drag you have, and simply couldn't take that extra amount of drag coming from the rubber. The kit should solve that problem, that's exactly its goal!

The 2nd movie is actually the modified regulator installed in the NSX door, not the wall.

At the end of this project, I will PM everyone that is in the "list" to confirm its interest and address and send him a kit.

Been following the thread for a while. Put me down for a set depending on cost.

Great work - 'bout time someone fixed this NSX issue.

Count me in as well depending on the final price.

YES , I want to sign up too!

Looks like my "Do-it-Yourself" post has become a "Commercial Post".

Kits are ready but I am waiting for the 1st buyer feedback, his "test" is very crucial now.
Just wait for a few more days and I will be pleased to send a kit to every interested members! :smile:

Final price will be 50$/kit/window = 100$ for 1 set(=2 kits), as discussed and approved earlier in the post.
It includes shipment and Paypal fees.

Through out this post many of us have asked to be signed up for one, or more of your kits

Would you please create a post that actually lists all those that have expressed an interest. This will minimize confusion as to who is now actually ready to send you the $100.00 per kit

Thank you for all of your time and effort on this project.

As SMYLDOC suggested, here is the chronological/priority list I made taken from the post:

ChopsJazz
nsxinkl
OLDMNSX
SMYLDOC
ediddnsx
ryan1926
ChadAtlanta
UnhuZ
Shawn110975
96cxt
ediddnsx
angus
Chris_NSX
Gred@R-Tuned
CDX_NSX
Ponyboy
ryan1926
scotchtzd
MetalSpikeRacing
I1O101I

I will contact each of you by PM as soon as I'll get the feedback from the "test" buyer to free all other kits. Please be patient for just a few more days :biggrin:
Thank you!

Last edited:
I better get on this list before its too late!

ChopsJazz
nsxinkl
OLDMNSX
SMYLDOC
ediddnsx
ryan1926
ChadAtlanta
UnhuZ
Shawn110975
96cxt
ediddnsx
angus
Chris_NSX
Gred@R-Tuned
CDX_NSX
Ponyboy
ryan1926
scotchtzd
MetalSpikeRacing
I1O101I
Fastraxturbo

Thanks for updating this! , I can't wait to get mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back