• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window tiinting in Orange County

I overheard at the monthly NSX meet at the Acura dealership about having some sort of window tinting that is near being clear but blocks out alot of heat, does this exist and normal priced? Also what are some good recommended places for window tinting.

if you care about blocking heat, you need to get ceramic tint. huper optik in particular, they are one of the best. had that on my previous cars, loved it, really blocked out tons of heat. even at 50% or 60% (almost clear) it blocks out a lot of heat.

i get my tint done at xlnt tint in anaheim

www.xlnttint.com/

ceramic tint is NOT cheap. for the nsx, i think it will be in the 400 range. but if you ask me? it's worth it. i am tempted to get it done on my windshield

Hey MarineNSX93!

You're in luck! I just got my car tinted today with Llumar Air Blue 80 which is a practically clear ceramic window film. The place that did the tint is not that local to OC however and is located in the city of Glendora. But this is the second time I've done business with them - the CRV and now my NSX. They are fair priced as I got the driver, passenger, and hatch all done with Llumar Air Blue 80 for $250. This included the removal of the hatch's previous tint (I removed the two side window tints myself). I had the option to do it on the windshield because it's practically clear, but my windshield isn't perfect with tiny chips and Chris - the owner - said that the although very small, they would show through.

If you want a second opinion on Llumar Air Blue 80, member Valhalla is also running Llumar Air Blue 80 on his ride.

Indeed true. But the guy that did my install came to my house to do the install. Perfect install as you can't tell the film is there. Love it.

ceramic huh interesting. Il look those places up I appreciate it. I would get normal tint but I have gotten pulled over for it twice and got fix it tickets, and I had the medium and then the lightest shade. So this is best option. Il look into that place thanks phantom. Valhalla what company came to your house?

The name of the company is Elite Window Tint 714-771-0797 and the gentleman's name is Toby. He does all the high end cars in OC, goes directly to the dealerships in Newport. Familiar with Ferrari, Bentley, etc. Great guy and backs it with a guarantee. He's done all of my vehicles. Tell him Hi for me. He is a perfectionist.

@ MarineNSX93: Feel free to PM me and I give you the details of the place I went to. I wanted to go through with Valhalla's guy, but he unfortunately didn't do tint removal when we spoke and I wanted to do the tinting all in one shot.

Tint is like a fix it ticket for plates: you just pay fee and do it again haha. If you change your mind about tint there a place by me that I take all my cars to. Friends dad has been doing it for like 20 years. Just did parents sl500 and its perfect. Plus, what's the point of tinting without tint? What is it doing. For me, it's just the sun blasting on you that gets hot.

Back