• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windscreen replacement

Seeking help from local NSXers to replace the front windscreen on my 1992 Coupe.

I tried O'Brien Glass but they do not hold stock and would only source if I supply a VIN..... mine's a personal import and I always strike problems!

Could someone recommend a Melbourne based glass supplier that could help me out?

Mike

Does Honda not have any screens in stock anymore I'm about to claim a new one through my insurance so I'm expecting to get an original fitted.

- - - Updated - - -

Just rang my local Honda dealer no screens in Aust. can supply from Japan in 2wks retail cost $2,082 - trade $1,860.

Lets see how well I can convince my insurance co to order a genuine screen.

Mine was RACQ Brisbane.

Did a fantastic job on my S2000. Did a shithouse job on the NSX. Too much goop, had wind noise above 80km/h. Got them back to fix it, more goop. Wind noise was only noticeable around 120km/h.
At the time I 'got the last one in Australia' (about 8 months ago now I guess).

I have been away for the past 6 weeks and have had the car prepped for a full respray and as a result needed to replace the windscreen............. panel beater finally located a good one for around $450

Car will be out of the shop in 2 weeks and will have a few additional mods and to go with the 6 speed and supercharger fitted this time last year........can't wait.

Back