Wings West Body kit fitment?

I am planning on purchasing this kit for my car. How is the fitment? Prices seems to be very good. Anybody have it?

Thanks,

NSXo

The side skirts will sag eventually. If you can live with that, which I can, it's ok. The front makes the car looks more aggressive, and it is stable with one screw on each side (don't trust just the double-sided tape.) The rear, I donot like tto much, just like most people up here donot go with the rear at all (go with stock.) However, the front and the side skirts look great.

Mine were sagging :mad: 1 week after installing the side skirts. I'm looking into urethaning a small strip of metal (maybe Aluminium) or some sort of epoxy against the inside of the skirt to keep it from sagging.

I alost had problems with the rear spats, they don't seem to fit right either the front I had no problems with at all so far. Search the board when the engine has been fixed. I'm dissapointed in Wings West they could have used braces or have a better design for a skirt on our NSX. I got mine from Dali the price from him was really good.

Dali Website: http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=750

See this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27342

Last edited:
RudeBoy_baby_NSX said:
I'm looking into urethaning a small strip of metal (maybe Aluminium) or some sort of epoxy against the inside of the skirt to keep it from sagging.

This sounds like a really good idea. Has anyone tried this before? Rudeboy let us know how it turns out, I want to get the kit also but don't want to have sagging side skirts. Also anyone know of a good place to get it installed and painted in orange county area? Price would help also. :)

demigod said:
This sounds like a really good idea. Has anyone tried this before? Rudeboy let us know how it turns out, I want to get the kit also but don't want to have sagging side skirts. Also anyone know of a good place to get it installed and painted in orange county area? Price would help also. :)

I have something similar that the body shop did. They made 2 small aluminum strips and mounted it in the center area of the urethane and connected the other side to the frame.

kenjiMR said:
I have something similar that the body shop did. They made 2 small aluminum strips and mounted it in the center area of the urethane and connected the other side to the frame.

So how did it turn out Kenji? Any sagging?

How do the sides sag? Can't you just get the body shop to put some screws on the underside of the side skirts so they dont sag?

WW side is the BEST looking side skirt for the NSX....Some body need to make in carbon fiber(Seth, this one has your name writing all over it) or fiber-class.

I just hate the SAG so much look freaking ugly, I used to have them...this is a NSX damit!!!!

Guys let have a group buy on this, see who willing to produce WW sides in CF. I will be the frist in line!

1.nzo-who
2.nsx/mr2
3.gomaidy

Last edited:
I too think that the WW sides are the best aftermarket skirts for the NSX. They follow the lines of the car very well and make the car look "whole." But the sagging of the urethane bites. I'm sure there is a more inexpensive alternative to CF. How's about some good quality fiberglass. It's lighter than urethane, more stable, and will solve the sagging problem. Was wondering if WW could use the same mold but do the sides in fiberglass. Has anyone tried requesting it from them? Otherwise, I'm sure if you take a nice and straight WW urethane skirt to any reputable body kit manufacturer, they should be able to replicate it in fiberglass.

What about the cracking issues with fiberglass? I don't have any experience with figerglass, but I hear in terms of body kits, they suck because they tend to crack.
I think the best solution to fixing the sagging problem is to reinforce it with maybe a metal rail/bracket that will run along most of the side skirts length. Wouldn't this resolve the problem, and only cost a few $$?
This is all speculation on my part, I do not have the WingsWest side skirts installed, but do have them sitting in my garage where I can play with them and maybe figure something out. :)
Regards
- Z

yeah...I really, really like the looks of the WW sideskirts more than the others because it looks like it came with the car...ie not aftermarket looking. Its flushed and doesn't flare out or anything. But after seeing a couple up close, the quality and fitment is horrendous.....it sags, comes apart and is too long. If someone built a quality version with proper fitment and strength, I'm up for a set.

Fiberglass isn't as flexible and forgiving as urethane. But I'm not taking about the paperthin fiberglass that some cheapy kit manufaturers use. Just as how most other aftermarket body kits are fiberglass, they'll crack if you run into a speed bump or a med-sized rock hits it pretty good. My friends and I have used many thick good quality fiberglass kits exposed to the elements of the weather and street with no cracking issues whatsoever. Even with scraping on the driveway on a few occasions.

Regarding running a metal strip along the skirt, what about the support for the strip itself. If you attach it to the urethane, will the skirt be strong enough to support the metal strip? Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

donwon said:
Another issue how most of the skirts are too long and stick into your wheel well. Its not too too bad, but it bothered me enough to swap them for soemthing else.

Left side fits perfectly, but the right side is 3mm to long.

Mine don't sag. I've put some screws on the underside of the side skirts.

Ok soon as the weather gets warmer here and the snow starts to melt, I'll plan on getting a thin piece of aluminum and expoy the inner side for added strength, I've got a friend who is a body guy to help me. :) Hopefully no more sagging! :eek:

People that have fiberglass sides etc, always seem to complain about cracking, fiber is great when you don't hit ot bottom out. :mad: That is where urethan will always be more durable.

My sides also stick out a few mills on the rear. You can't quite tell when the inner fender lining is intalled! See Pic Below:

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Let you guys know how it turns out.

Back