• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wings West Front Lip/Body Kit Group Buy

Is anyone interested in getting a WW front lip or body kit group buy started? I can try to contact them (if they will deal directly), and see what they can do for us. If you are seriously interested, post here, so I can get an idea of how many we are talking about.

Also, be specific as to what you are interested in:

Front Lip
Side Skirts
Rear Spats
Full Kit

I personally would like a front lip and spats.

I tried going thru my distributor for WW lip. No luck. They are one of the biggest distr in the west coast.

If you can get them. Sure I'm in for the front lip if price is right

I heard from Mark at Dali that WW has shut down for now. He is having a front lip similar to the WW model developed, but that's a few weeks (months :smile: ) out. I guess we'll just have to wait, or continue to jump on the occasional listing on Prime :wink:

Distance Runner said:
Is anyone interested in getting a WW front lip or body kit group buy started? I can try to contact them (if they will deal directly), and see what they can do for us. If you are seriously interested, post here, so I can get an idea of how many we are talking about.

Also, be specific as to what you are interested in:

Front Lip
Side Skirts
Rear Spats
Full Kit

I personally would like a front lip and spats.

Man, talk about bad timing for a group buy (ww closed down)

I think your efforts should be moved towards finding the lips as they are going to be very hard to get ahold of, not trying to do group buys at this point.

Wish you good luck Distance Runner !!

Get it together, and I am in for ww dam/lip Brent :cool:

Good News!!!

Wings West has been bought by a company in Southern California.
Hyperformance Wholesale (I think is the name).
They are in the process of moving all the manufacturing from Mexico back to California.

I just bought a hood from them and will be seeing them this Saturday (2/19).
I'll talk to them about a group buy, but it won't happen until this Summer (that's when they expect to be up and running).

Let's start a list of who wants what:
(copy this list, paste into your post, add your name.)
1. Distance Runner - Front Lip, Rear Spats
2. Texas91Brent - Front Lip
3. Casper91 - Front Lip, Side Skirts

Last edited:
Is there somewhere on the net where we can view the different parts (lip, spats, skirts) and get approximate pricing so we can make an informed buying decision?

Jeff

FWIW: Put me on the list for a front chin/spoiler.

Drew

/rant
Moved to Mexico huh? How difficult is it to stamp some out in the USA? Especially at the $225 price WW were asking??

I'm really beginning to wonder what anybody does around here for a living: "art", "service","knowledge"?
It it that you either make minimum wage or +$2M/yr??

I'm pretty sure they're raw polyurethane, to be painted.

Jeff A said:
Thanx, that was very helpful. What color(s) are they available in? Hopefully red? Or must they be painted in all cases?

Jeff

Last edited:
rbirling said:
I'm pretty sure they're raw polyurethane, to be painted.

they come unpainted. Make sure the paint shop uses flexing agent in the paint or the paint will crack at the first (inevitable) curb encounter :frown:

I've always liked what the WingsWest front spoiler does for the look of the front end. Does anyone know if it would look ok with the front spoiler, and nothing else. I'm not really interested in the whole body kit, but I do like that front lip. Does anyone have pictures of an NSX with the WW front spoiler and no complete body kit? If so, would you do me the favor of posting some pics or providing me with a link?

KingsCourt said:
I've always liked what the WingsWest front spoiler does for the look of the front end. Does anyone know if it would look ok with the front spoiler, and nothing else. I'm not really interested in the whole body kit, but I do like that front lip. Does anyone have pictures of an NSX with the WW front spoiler and no complete body kit? If so, would you do me the favor of posting some pics or providing me with a link?

Not the best shot.

Last edited:
If this group buy is still on, count me in.

1. Distance Runner - Front Lip, Rear Spats
2. Texas91Brent - Front Lip
3. Casper91 - Front Lip, Side Skirts
4. Paul M - Front Lip
5. Drew - Front Lip
6. KingsCourt - Front Lip

Back