• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winshield Wiper Blades - where to buy them?

I can convert millimeters to inches, I'm curious why the acura dealer couldn't and did not have the OEM arms
I can't speak for their inability to divide by 25.4. But parts departments typically keep commonly-used parts in stock, and have to order other parts from a warehouse. Since most people replace the rubber insert rather than the entire arm, the rubber insert is much more commonly replaced. I would expect any dealer to have the inserts in stock (even more so since the inserts are shared by multiple car models, while the arms usually are not). I wouldn't expect them to have the arms in stock, but they can probably get them shipped from the warehouse within a day or two.

Incidentally, the stock wiper insert is 550 mm on both sides. (EDIT: Length fixed.)

Last edited:
...Incidentally, the stock wiper arm is 600 mm on the driver side, and 525 mm on the passenger side.

The part number 76622-SR3-305 and link you gave in post #8 is for a 550 mm insert, according to the fiche, and for both sides even though it shows different blades. I believe the lengths you gave are probably correct, but this is confusing.

The part number 76622-SR3-305 and link you gave in post #8 is for a 550 mm insert, according to the fiche, and for both sides even though it shows different blades. I believe the lengths you gave are probably correct, but this is confusing.
No, I was wrong in stating those lengths in the post just above yours, which I have now fixed. As noted in the parts database, the actual length is 550 mm on both sides, and the part number is correct.

I think I must have been looking at the parts diagram for my MDX and accidentally and erroneously copied its lengths to my previous post. :redface:

Good catch!

Heads up to the community...I tried ordering a set of the full wiper blade arms (not just the inserts) from Delray Acura and they told me that Acura has discontinued the passenger side arm (76630-SL0-305).

I guess if we want to stay OEM, we have no choice but to order just the inserts now.

Wow, that blows. I bought my NSX and its missing a wiper arm. I guess the previous owner was going for the exotic look with the single wiper. Anyone know of another vehicle we can use the arms from?

Heads up to the community...I tried ordering a set of the full wiper blade arms (not just the inserts) from Delray Acura and they told me that Acura has discontinued the passenger side arm (76630-SL0-305).
It's not clear whether you're talking about the wiper arm (the heavy metal part that bolts to the car and holds the wiper blade) or the wiper blade (the thinner metal part that grips the rubber insert). The part number you're giving is for the blade, not the arm.

I'm not trying to pick apart your post, just trying to identify exactly which part you're having trouble finding.

The part numbers are not in common with any other Honda/Acura model. But you could try looking on car-part.com for one from a junkyard.

It's not clear whether you're talking about the wiper arm (the heavy metal part that bolts to the car and holds the wiper blade) or the wiper blade (the thinner metal part that grips the rubber insert). The part number you're giving is for the blade, not the arm.

I'm not trying to pick apart your post, just trying to identify exactly which part you're having trouble finding.

The part numbers are not in common with any other Honda/Acura model. But you could try looking on car-part.com for one from a junkyard.

Sorry, I should have clarified - I'm referring to the part number in my post which is the blade, not the whole arm.

What I found confusing is Delray seemingly was saying the driver's side blade is available (maybe just what they have in stock?) while the passenger's side blade is not. I don't understand why one side would be discontinued and the other not.

Is there possibly another part number for a newer version? Similar to how they discontinued the smaller 91-96 OEM front lip, but you can still get the 97-01 lip fairly easily.

Just go here and order them. They have both right and left in stock. The strange thing is that, the right and the left might be the same piece since they both houses a 550mm insert, I can't see why they would be different. Will check the measurement and see if they're the same. If so, then why not pay for the cheaper side and order 2, it's $16 diffference!

Frankie

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...hield-wiper/?trim=nsx-t&engine=5-speed-manual

16 76620-SL0-30776620-SL0-307 / BLADE, WSW (550MM)1$63.80$47.21

<tbody>

</tbody>

18 76630-SL0-30776630-SL0-307 / BLADE, WSW (550MM)1$42.52$31.46

<tbody>

</tbody>

The newer 76630-SL0-307 works as a replacement for the discontinued 76630-SL0-305 on the 1991 NSX. The Honda parts catalog is not reliable at listing alternatives for discontinued parts. And most dealers don't even bother to suggest alternatives which are clearly available. Why??

I've bought quite a few 2005 NSX parts for my 91. I just follow the rule that the first section of the number should match the original part number, but the last section of the part number can be different. From what I can tell the first section of the number tells you if the part will fit, while the last section of the number will change based on the color and/or revision.

Back