• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Projects (for those of us with hibernating X's)

Hello, All just wondering what winter projects others will be doing to their NSX's
over the winter. Brakes, Body Kits ect. ect.
I think it would be cool to actually pair up with some people to compare notes, experiences, frustrations. I plan on upgrading my brakes, most likely the Brembo Lotus set up and getting some AF mixture tuning done for my SC, WW front spoiler. Any input or help would be appreciated. I am not lucky enough to have all year round driving with my car.
Simple rule, when the salt goes down my toys get put up.
Len
n9s5x-t

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 09 December 2002).]

Last year I did my HID system over the winter, since it involved shipping the headlight units out to be modified.

Dali window and door handle fix-it thingies. Acura keyless entry system. Send out the three speaker units for repair. Hopefully, this will keep me out of the dash and door panels for a while.

Lowering springs (maybe, still undecided). Otherwise, Dali coolant bottle, and assorted shiny stuff. Also considering cutting a hole in my engine cover ala the FAQ.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Last year I did my HID system over the winter, since it involved shipping the headlight units out to be modified.

Holy Cow Ken you did a modification to the car
eek.gif
there might be hope for after all.
biggrin.gif
Just kidding!!

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Installing an InV1si setup, Type-R trans, and headers.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Just put on the Jdm tail lights and installed Dali window fix it things .
Up next wings west kit.

Originally posted by DanO:
I had my injectors cleaned for a winter project last year, which was kinda fun.

Thanks DanO- Something I hadn't thought of, and the Step-by-Step is even better.
Len

I am currently having a complete repaint. I am redoing the interior, adding navigation and returning the radio to stock.

Also considering a 6 speed conversion or maybe a 5 speed type-R transmission.

Pictures can been seen at http://www.leonoff.net/pages/NSX/NSXmain/NSX.html

------------------
1991 NSX Red/Black
Comptech Supercharger
Bridgestone Proline Wheels
SOS HIDs
RM Exhaust
Brembo Gran Turismo Brakes
Passport SRX
Red Roof

[This message has been edited by Periokid (edited 11 December 2002).]

Replace rear ball joint boot(Can you buy the boot separate or do you have to buy that whole arm that resembles a tie-rod end?)

Fix hopefully 1 not 2 speaker amps
Tighten volume knob

Replace oil pan gasket. Just starting to get a bit ugly around the edges-no leaks though

And figure out a way to stop those noisy bearings driving the climate control thing near the parking brake

And wish for at least FALL like weather in the mid-west so I can perform these tasks in the garage

I envy those of you with heated garages.

Originally posted by john576:
[And wish for at least FALL like weather in the mid-west so I can perform these tasks in the garage

I envy those of you with heated garages.[/B]

I don't have a heated garage per se.
I have a wood burning stove (vented)
You could also use a electric or propane heater. They get pretty warm.
Len
Trying to stay warm as well.

Granted, I don't live where it gets bone chilling cold and I can still drive my toys in the winter (I don't when the roads are wet), but for heating up my 3 car garage in the winter, I take each car for a spin to get them warmed up and then with 3 cars parked in the garage with hot engines, I can get a 20+ degree rise over outside (garage doors are insulated with 1" thick styrofoam). So if outside is 40, I can get my garage to 60+. Typically unheated, my garage stays at least 10 degrees above outside for minimum at night. Yep, I'm a geek with a digital temperature gauge that records inside & outside temperature and stores min & max data resetting each night at midnight.

What is that David? I see two radiators. Maybe one intercooler and one radiator? I have no idea, but it looks pretty so far.

New tires and rear brake pads for the ’91, possibly new rear wheels. Right rear wheel bearing and inner CV boot kit.

Then, if I could just find a place to work...

Remove complete drive trains from both cars. Remove CTSC from the ‘91 3.0 and sell it, then install that engine (30k miles, only a few K with the SC) into the ’93. Also sell the 6-spd + 4.55 out of the ’91. Install my new (2400 miles) 3.2 + 6-spd into the ’91, and move the TT kit over from the 3.0 that was in the ’93 and add the AEM ECU if it ever comes to market. Freshen up the ’93 and sell it.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 13 December 2002).]

Partnered up with NSX01 on a WW body kit and saved some $$$'s on the front spoiler.
Thanks T. Now to get that brake upgrade.
Anyone finish any of their project yet?
Happy New Year all.
May your best of times be your worst of times. Party safely.

Back