• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wiper Washer does not work!!!!

There is no water come out from the jets, but I can hear the pumping running. I checked the rubber tubes and they are not clogged. Any idea? Is it hard to replace the wiper wash assembly between the front bumpers and the radiator? Expensive?

Thanks.

nsxtasy said:
I assume you've already checked to make sure that the fluid tank isn't empty?

Yes. It is full. I disconnected the hose in the middle and blew air back into the tank and I can hear the bubbles in the tank. So it is not clogged. I left the same hose disconnected and used the washer from the wiper control. No water comes out from the hose, but I can hear the pump whining and the wipers moving.

I just read that I have to remove the bumper to get to the washer pump....:mad:

nis350 said:
Yes. It is full. I disconnected the hose in the middle and blew air back into the tank and I can hear the bubbles in the tank. So it is not clogged. I left the same hose disconnected and used the washer from the wiper control. No water comes out from the hose, but I can hear the pump whining and the wipers moving.

Your jets might be clogged due to old wax, dirt, and other debris. Grab a fine sewing needle and shove it into each of the jets multiple times. I had one clogged jet and this cured the problem.

hyuan said:
Your jets might be clogged due to old wax, dirt, and other debris. Grab a fine sewing needle and shove it into each of the jets multiple times. I had one clogged jet and this cured the problem.

It is not the jets. I disconnected the hose in between the jets and the pump. There is no water come out from the hose when the washer pump was activiated. See my last post.

nis350 said:
correct

While someone is operating the switch for you, try sucking on the hose - it may just need to be primed to get it working. Worth a shot .....

Briank said:
What flavour windshield fluid is your favourite, Brian? :)

My mother always threatened to wash my mouth out with soap! I must have acquired the taste back then
biggrinroll.gif

Hey ... beats siphoning gas though - you ever had to do that?
puke.gif

The pump should be a self priming pump and should not need priming, but I thought I would mention an easier/tastier way to siphon gas or any other liquid for that matter. Instead of sucking on the hose you can feed the hose into the liquid and put your finger over the end of the hose once the hose is full (like a straw). Then pull the hose out and make sure it is lower than the fluid and pull your finger off. Hose should be primed and fluid should flow. Sure beats sucking on gas fumes!

Back