• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

with all sincerity...

i got a friend who got his first dui in l.a. and all he paid was 10k to not go to jail. Shure he had to borrow some of my "nsx modding money" but atleast he didnt get locked up and became somebodies bitch... :cool:

One night a police officer was staking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible DUI violations. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb and try his keys on five different cars before he found his. The man sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes.

Meanwhile, all the other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started his engine and began to pull away. The police officer was waiting for him. As soon as he pulled onto the street, the officer stopped him, read him his rights and administered the breathalyzer test to determine his blood-alcohol content.

The results showed a reading of 0.0.

The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The driver replied, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

I was ready to give you and your friend the benefit of the doubt, PeterM, but after your latest post it sounds like you were two drunk douchebags that night.

Better tell him to get an extra good lawyer. He'll need it.

Think about it- can you see yourself as a criminal? When you sit back, and picture in your minds eye a "drunk driver" what do you see?

In my minds eye I saw a guy in his mid 40's, wearing a desheveled looking suit, loose tie, poorly shaved, with mussed up hair- he is getting out of a late 80's 4 door sedan (a Ford LTD) and he is staggering obviously. I think I got the image from a movie I once saw.

I see the face of my good friend Jamie. Still a good friend today. I have a snap shot of his smile in my mind, drunk as phuck behind the wheel of his 78 Malibu back in the mid eighty's.

Car loaded down with 6 people headed to a party. He drove right off the end of a 90 degree turn into a corn field. It was a second or two when all the dust settled and like it was planned there was six pops in a row. Each of us had shoved our thumbs into the top of the beer bottles just as we left the road. Each of us released our thumbs in synchronization. Jamie's beer started to foam up and he swigged the foam off while saying in his Texas accent, y'all ok. We just sat there and laughed for a few minutes. The good old days.

One night a police officer was staking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible DUI violations. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb and try his keys on five different cars before he found his. The man sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes.

Meanwhile, all the other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started his engine and began to pull away. The police officer was waiting for him. As soon as he pulled onto the street, the officer stopped him, read him his rights and administered the breathalyzer test to determine his blood-alcohol content.

The results showed a reading of 0.0.

The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The driver replied, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

LOL

Think about it- can you see yourself as a criminal? When you sit back, and picture in your minds eye a "drunk driver" what do you see?

I see Rip Torn, actor, getting popped for his second DWI a few miles from my house a year ago.
228729053-XL.jpg

I was ready to give you and your friend the benefit of the doubt, PeterM, but after your latest post it sounds like you were two drunk douchebags that night.

Better tell him to get an extra good lawyer. He'll need it.

this is what i wrote in my original post as to how much my friend had to drink in comparison to myself...

"tonight we went out for dinner and we had a few glasses of sake with dinner at a japanese restaurant. afterwards we went back to his house to hang out for about an hour or two and had about an eighth glass of port while waiting for the rest of our friends to show up so we can all head out to the local watering hole. i had a double gin-soda, hurricane and a pint of fat tire, he had a hurricane and a gin-tonic and that was that, an hour later we went to the next bar, sat around for about 2-3 hours and i had a few drinks while he had only water. we left the bar and he made the u-turn on the way to drop me off at the girlfriend's house and before i could open my mouth to tell him that he's making an illeagal u-turn...it was too late, we saw the blue and red light in the rear view mirror..."

we were not stumbling drunks, we were just at the bar discussing our usual topics of philosophy, science, and economics. my friend, he's in his mid-fifties and drives a VW R32, but all of this is besides the point.

i'm not here to argue with anyone as to how drunk we were or how things could've turned out differently. i'm just here to seek any little snippets of legal advice here and there.

about the criticism, i totally understand. my lack of judgement was to not push him hard enough to get a cab, and his lack of judgement, well that's obvious.

we were not stumbling drunks, we were just at the bar discussing our usual topics of philosophy, science, and economics. my friend, he's in his mid-fifties and drives a VW R32, but all of this is besides the point.

about the criticism, i totally understand. my lack of judgement was to not push him hard enough to get a cab, and his lack of judgement, well that's obvious.

The first point is subject to debate based upon the amount of alcohol imbibed. However, if you are sincere about the last point then consider this a learning experience and maybe next time you will be "lecturing" someone rather than me getting on my soapbox. Good, decent people make mistakes also and hopefully others will learn from them rather than repeat them. My aunt was killed by a good, church going family man who thought he could drive after tossing back a few in a bar after work. Two families destroyed by a mistake made by an otherwise decent person.

Back