• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wonderful cars lost in Sandy...

As if the loss of loved ones, businesses and houses wasn't enough in this terrible, terrible East Coast storm... I just saw footage of a show-quality red '50s 300SL (a roadster I think -- it had part of a car cover hiding its roof) buried up to the rocker panels in sand in Point Pleasant Beach New Jersey.

I wonder if any NSXs were lost in Sandy...

TURBO2GO said a tree hit his car but he didn't specify whether it was his X or his DD/some other car.

His NSX is one of the nicest anywhere so I'm really hoping it was his DD...

TURBO2GO said a tree hit his car but he didn't specify whether it was his X or his DD/some other car.

His NSX is one of the nicest anywhere so I'm really hoping it was his DD...

I said "almost hit" not "hit". It landed 10 feet in front of my front bumper. And no, it definitely was my DD, not my NSX. NSX is sleeping in the garage for the next 6 freaking months of new england wretchedness. LOL

It was actually funny because I said to myself "what a bunch of wussies, this storm is not bad at all", 5 seconds later a 40 foot tree falls in front of me, takes out a power line, transformer explodes and showers my car in sparks and the power line hits the roof like an angry electric snake. I was just sitting there with my hands shaking and I said "OK, maybe they are not a bunch of wussies. Sorry God".... LOL

Life is crazy. One second it's calm and the next second you're dead. Anyway my sympathies are with the people that actually did die and lose their homes. I just got a scare.

It was actually funny because I said to myself "what a bunch of wussies, this storm is not bad at all", 5 seconds later a 40 foot tree falls in front of me, takes out a power line, transformer explodes and showers my car in sparks and the power line hits the roof like an angry electric snake. I was just sitting there with my hands shaking and I said "OK, maybe they are not a bunch of wussies. Sorry God".... LOL

Ha, your comment reminds me of this video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OZlZUsqkVx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As if the loss of loved ones, businesses and houses wasn't enough in this terrible, terrible East Coast storm... I just saw footage of a show-quality red '50s 300SL (a roadster I think -- it had part of a car cover hiding its roof) buried up to the rocker panels in sand in Point Pleasant Beach New Jersey.

Here's the image - gives me a :(

tumblr_mcruxySYsA1rk5eu3o1_1280.jpg

Hope all the NSX community in the East is going OK, we are getting lots of footage and its the lead news item here in Australia.

Good to see TURBO2GO put some humour into the situation......

NSX is sleeping in the garage for the next 6 freaking months of new england wretchedness.

Screw that. When I lived in Manhattan and owned a new 1993 Sebring Silver, I threw on snow tires and a ski rack and that car made the weekend trip to Killington all winter long.

I heard through the grapevine that the huge fire that was near my house (the sky was glowing orange) was actually a guy's garage that caught fire right around 8PM monday night. In it were a few vintage race cars, and at least 1 vintage Ferrari that all went up in flames.

One town over from where I was when I was at when Sandy hit, they were doing a news report... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf0YPsOwF5U

A lot of my friends who have higher end cars, took them to parking garages and parked them on the higher levels just in case their house/garage was surrendered to water from flooding.

Last edited:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OZlZUsqkVx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL... yup pretty much. One minute I was laughing at the "idiots" who thought the storm was a big deal and the next I was screaming for my life like a little schoolgirl. Hahhahaha

Honestly though I am thanking God I can come here and joke about it. Could've been really bad.

Screw that. When I lived in Manhattan and owned a new 1993 Sebring Silver, I threw on snow tires and a ski rack and that car made the weekend trip to Killington all winter long.

i heard rwd rear mid engine cars do quite well in the snow. dynamics is like a snow mobile. true?

Why would you not just driveeeeeeeeeee away.

That's what I did. :biggrin:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uy2bBpwFzYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i know of a lot of cars lost from grand national to ferraris. MY car was safe with a few friends
599242_10151125472937496_148711169_n.jpg

unfortunately i wont be able to bring it to my house for quite a long time... that on the other hand didnt do so well :( "Oceanside became Ocea-Inside" :(

i heard rwd rear mid engine cars do quite well in the snow. dynamics is like a snow mobile. true?
As someone who has logged in excess of 25k winter miles in the Great White North, I can attest to it's winter capabilities... although it doesn't 'float' on top of snow like a snowmobile. However, unlike a snowmobile, you can turn the TCS off and practice your drifting skills. For anything up to about 6" of depth, I have yet to be stuck.

I heard through the grapevine that the huge fire that was near my house (the sky was glowing orange) was actually a guy's garage that caught fire right around 8PM monday night. In it were a few vintage race cars, and at least 1 vintage Ferrari that all went up in flames.
He probably had a Fisker in there which started the problems.

No. Unlike a snowmobile, the weight is concentrated in the center. Once the car starts to turn, it has a tendency to keep turning, and even to spin. Not true of a snowmobile.

OTOH you can get a good set of winter tires for the NSX and it will grip the road pretty well, as long as the snow isn't too deep for the car. (Ground clearance is less than most other cars, and it's even worse if the NSX is lowered.)

Parking garages is a good idea!

I feel bad for those who did lose valuables in the storm whether it's a house or car. I'm sure a few NSX's must have suffered this fate but we won't see it till it pops up on Ebay.

I guess, "oh my God" is the new "thank you so much!"
How many did you guys count? :confused:

Back