• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

World's Greatest Sport Coupes - NSX makes the list!

the most knowledgeable "celebrity" picked the NSX......not surprising:biggrin:

funny the other current brands are not on the list.

no Italian or german cars from 1990-2014 were named LOL

we have the best exotic ever made never sell guys it makes me sick when people sell their NSX. I will only sell my 1st NSX if one of my children needs an arm transplant LOL I am getting buried in it so help me god. with private property in the family I actually can do it to. no permits needed.

since 1990 every car magazine has mentioned the NSX in every issue either good comments or bad but still mention it. I don't know this for sure but it seems pausable LOL

when people bark about the NSX is cuz they really admire it and they are just not fully socially developed yet

lol at all the article comments dissing on the NSX. 12 celebrities were asked which was their favorite car at an exhibit. It didn't claim to be a carefully curated list of the 12 best sports cars.

It's interesting how nearly everyone attacks the NSX as not belonging on this list, yet nobody gets bent out of shape over the inclusion of the 1948 Custom Jaguar or 1954 Plymouth Explorer Concept. Both these cars are custom and never existed as production vehicles! If any vehicles don't belong on such a list it's these two cars.

So why the special hate reserved solely for the NSX?

1. The NSX is far newer than any other car on the list, making it stand out like a sore thumb. With the list so filled with older cars the reader is led to think that only older time honored classics qualify, thus when you finally make to the later page with the NSX you're thinking "what wtf is that car doing here?!"

2. It's Japanese. Everyone knows that Japanese cars have no soul and are not classics. Case closed.

3. The NSX is not a car from the 60's and thus was never part of the baby boomer's formative years. Notice how the majority of cars on the list are all from the 60's (or thereabouts). How believable is it that nearly all the supposed "best cars" came out in the 60's? The baby boomer generation currently spends more on cars than any other generation, thus causing nearly everything to be skewed towards their beliefs, wants, and past experiences. I think people too often underestimate this influence and accept it as their own. A good example of this is the admittedly excellent TV show Mad Men which just screams of 60's nostalgia.

I'm often amazed by how many Millennials nearly worship the NSX, especially those who grew up driving cheaper Hondas. Perhaps the NSX will be viewed differently in the future. That it continues to be talked about 25 years later as if it were significant is a good sign.

lol at all the article comments dissing on the NSX. 12 celebrities were asked which was their favorite car at an exhibit. It didn't claim to be a carefully curated list of the 12 best sports cars.

It's interesting how nearly everyone attacks the NSX as not belonging on this list, yet nobody gets bent out of shape over the inclusion of the 1948 Custom Jaguar or 1954 Plymouth Explorer Concept. Both these cars are custom and never existed as production vehicles! If any vehicles don't belong on such a list it's these two cars.

So why the special hate reserved solely for the NSX?

1. The NSX is far newer than any other car on the list, making it stand out like a sore thumb. With the list so filled with older cars the reader is led to think that only older time honored classics qualify, thus when you finally make to the later page with the NSX you're thinking "what wtf is that car doing here?!"

2. It's Japanese. Everyone knows that Japanese cars have no soul and are not classics. Case closed.

3. The NSX is not a car from the 60's and thus was never part of the baby boomer's formative years. Notice how the majority of cars on the list are all from the 60's (or thereabouts). How believable is it that nearly all the supposed "best cars" came out in the 60's? The baby boomer generation currently spends more on cars than any other generation, thus causing nearly everything to be skewed towards their beliefs, wants, and past experiences. I think people too often underestimate this influence and accept it as their own. A good example of this is the admittedly excellent TV show Mad Men which just screams of 60's nostalgia.

I'm often amazed by how many Millennials nearly worship the NSX, especially those who grew up driving cheaper Hondas. Perhaps the NSX will be viewed differently in the future. That it continues to be talked about 25 years later as if it were significant is a good sign.

wow I agree nice reply

I have always liked and respected Angus Mackenzie's writing and experience over the years, that's awesome that he chose the NSX! The more I drive my car the more I love it and respect and realize what an accomplishment it was for Honda and the world.

The comments made me laugh as well, such hate for the NSX, makes you wonder why those people would say such foolish things?:rolleyes:

Back