• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Worlds greatest sport coupes...

I love my NSX but damn! Out of nowhere a 1990s car compared to automotive royalty. We're not worthy...
I have to agree. I whole heatedly think that the NSX is the top sports coupe of the early 90s, but it is a bit much to put it in a listing like that.

Hey Tomcat! Thanks for posting that. Yes, that really IS automotive royalty, NSXonwheels. Not undeserving, especially given the era in which it competes, and it sure offers great contrast to the very 'classic' array of others. More shocked by AC/DC choice of the Iso, which though appreciated in its day, was underwhelming to most who deemed it an Italian Corvette (though about a million times more striking and more elegantly finished.)

I'm slowly assembling a 'best of' in my own little insignificant way for cars of each decade - 60's, 70's, etc etc - and to me, the NSX most definitely makes the cut for the 90's. TomCat, you still burning the tires off the FGT?! You rascal. I'll take it back if you don't break something major on it!

Hey Tomcat! Thanks for posting that. Yes, that really IS automotive royalty, NSXonwheels. Not undeserving, especially given the era in which it competes, and it sure offers great contrast to the very 'classic' array of others. More shocked by AC/DC choice of the Iso, which though appreciated in its day, was underwhelming to most who deemed it an Italian Corvette (though about a million times more striking and more elegantly finished.)

I'm slowly assembling a 'best of' in my own little insignificant way for cars of each decade - 60's, 70's, etc etc - and to me, the NSX most definitely makes the cut for the 90's. TomCat, you still burning the tires off the FGT?! You rascal. I'll take it back if you don't break something major on it!
Sorry Adams, you will have to talk to my widow about the GT and the NSX for that matter!

So awesome to be mention among all those greats, with all the publicity as of late on the Nsx, the value has gone up nicely.

That's pretty cool. I wonder who picked the NSX.:smile:

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it seems the 1991 NSX was selected by Angus MacKenzie, Motor Trend’s editor-at-large.

Last edited:
I'm with those that feel a "sport coupe" is a two-door four-seater. But it is sure nice to have the NSX thought of in the context of the other cars in the exhibit.
Nice, but not shocking. Consider that the NSX, while hardly one of the 10 most beautiful cars ever (or even of the 90s) was a hugely significant car that incorporated tons of new technology for the first time in a mass-produced road car. And the NSX set a game-changing benchmark for ergonomics, reliability, and drivability that changed the way other manufacturers did exotics.

Certainly a very diverse set of voters, apparently knowledgeable of classic sports cars...wonder if someone on that list previously owned an NSX?

Dave

Back