• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Worst City For Pro Sports

Thank you, donwon!

Redskins - nothing much since 91 Superbowl
Caps - What's black, blue and gold and plays golf in May?
Wizards ne' Bullets - Can anyone say 1978? Wes Unseld? Bobby Dandridge?

Of course, we could be from Cincinnati...:D

oh yeah, what about....

...yeah, what Memphis? We lost the only NFL team we've ever had/will have.....just got an NBA team and I think the junior varsity team i played on 10 years ago could whip their collective asses in a quarter or less... we're not important enough to give an actually NHL team or even a MLB team.... we do however get to watch their pathetic excuse for "farm" teams though, and after enough beer, the games can become surprisingly entertaining (side note: with enough beer, even women's golf can become entertaining, so that's not really saying much).....

so whadda ya think? any body got a sh*ttier sports franchise setup than that?

Adam

Montreal-baseball team the fans DON'T want but is supported by MLB owners. Also the tax rate is awful.

.. and as i remember, elvis couldn't play sports for crap either, that's the whole reason he stuck with the "band" idea b/c being a "jock" wasn't his bag, baby...

....of course that's just my opinion, i could be wrong about the elvis thing but definitely not about memphis' inadequacies when it comes to pro sports and BTW most of the population there is bitter about that too... has city-wide group therapy ever been attempted? just ballparkin' ideas.... [pun intended]

What about Milwaukee? The Brewers and Bucks not only suck, but are incredibly good at tearing their teams apart just before they get good.

If you lump the Packers in here, perhaps it helps them a bit, but for those two key sports teams, they totally blow, at least the Padres and Charges have smelled playoff success in recent years.

I have no personal stake in Milwaukee, just noting their teams suck pretty bad. Personally I am from Portland, of which we had a single pro team, the Blazers. They make the playoffs every single year, only to get dumped in the first round.

Back