• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would NSX hold up at 100 MPH, ENZO did!!!

That was Richard Lossee's car...

I just got done reading his last Long-Term Enzo entry in Road and Track!

I loved those articles, especially the one where he made it into a T-top. In the last entry he pushed it to 215mph.

I read on the other board (after th jump) that he is going to be ok. I am glad because he seems like a really cool guy.

Shit

Philip

:eek:

From page 3

I met dick when i was going to college in utah in the early 70's and since have seen him once or twice a year. I got to ride in his enzo the day he got it and went on the road and track photoshoot.

From the horses mouth - Richard was going close to 200mph, and hit a bump in the road that sent him airborne. The car rolled 7 times and was flat as a pancake. Fortunetly he was wearing a helmet. He has cracked vertebrae in his neck and back, 4 broken ribs, broken sternum, some broken fingers, and the only surgery he made need is on his thumb. Nothing life threatening. He is refusing pain medication because he thinks he needs to be punished!

I have some involvement in MAW foundation and he does seem like a very generous person. I hope he recovers soon.

Does insurance pay for something like this? Excessive speeds on a closed road for charity? Those are some odds circumstances.

Those cars are made to break apart...but man, not much to salvage. yikes! At least he's *ok*. (Fractures?)

Maybe while Richard's in the hospital they'll repair the part of his brain that's responsible for making poor decisions and after he's released he'll buy an NSX.

nsx24 said:
Would NSX hold up at 100 MPH, ENZO did!!!

I've seen the result of an NSX impacting a concrete barrier at over 200kph (125+mph)... And it looked a hell of a lot better than that. The passenger cell was totally unbreached unlike that Enzo...

In fact the NSX was even able to be repaired!

AU_NSX said:
I've seen the result of an NSX impacting a concrete barrier at over 200kph (125+mph)... And it looked a hell of a lot better than that. The passenger cell was totally unbreached unlike that Enzo...

In fact the NSX was even able to be repaired!

Yeah, there is not much to those cars...but then again an F1 car weighs 1100lbs? and they cost a million+ too.

It's only money...he can go buy another car I'm sure..as for the "Loss os a Ferrari"...uh yeah whatever...the Enzo is a strange Ferrari IMO...it is a race car that is sold to be driven on the street...race cars crash, they get abused
that's all part of their purpose...the Enzo is one of the Ugliest Ferraris ever, way too "Sci Fi" looking. if he had wrecked a 1971 Ferrari Daytona I would be sad, Enzo?..not so much,...the important thing is that he is alive and hopefully will recover and be working for charity again.

Glad to hear he is going to be ok. Kinda strange to hear so many Enzo's or high end cars being wrecked but I am glad people are actually driving them. When the F40 came out, it seemed like people were just too afraid to take them out and drive them.

I was watching a program about the autobahn on Natinal Geographic channel. The autobahn does not have up or down grade of more than 4%. There are no dips on the raod. I think those guys are nuts to drive 200mph on country roads here.

fannsx said:
I was watching a program about the autobahn on Natinal Geographic channel. The autobahn does not have up or down grade of more than 4%. There are no dips on the raod. I think those guys are nuts to drive 200mph on country roads here.

Those roads are the most maintained roads in the world. I was comfortable doing 120 mph in a BMW family stationwagon. Smooooth...

Back