• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would YOU Trade?

I have an 03 Nissan 350z with 27k miles on it. It is a track model with leather, navigation and brembo brakes. My cars Blue Book Value is 24,580, and his KBB value is 17,500. His car has 130k miles on it with an 02 conversion front and rear. here is the link to his car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75893
Would you do the trade and how much money would you ask for ontop if you were me? Should i be concerned with 130k miles on an NSX? Any help or opinions would be appreciated, thankyou all.

uurfantasy said:
I have an 03 Nissan 350z with 27k miles on it. It is a track model with leather, navigation and brembo brakes. My cars Blue Book Value is 24,580, and his KBB value is 17,500. His car has 130k miles on it with an 02 conversion front and rear. here is the link to his car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75893
Would you do the trade and how much money would you ask for ontop if you were me? Should i be concerned with 130k miles on an NSX? Any help or opinions would be appreciated, thankyou all.

Money on top? Honestly I think his car is worth more.

Blue book on NSX (and other exotic-rare types) is WAY off. I think his car is priced about right...so find the 'true' market value of your car then go from there. It'll prob be close to even IMO.

130K on a NSX isn't that big a deal if everything is up to date.

First of all, I'd have to say that you're going to have a tough time getting $24k for your car on the open market. (Not saying you couldn't, but it won't be easy at all...more likely you're looking at $20k if you don't want to wait 6 months to sell it)

The blue book for the NSX is not accurate at all either....so throw out the $17k idea.

Now, 130k miles is a lot, but not really for the NSX. I personally wouldn't want to buy such a high mile car, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good deal. His car is probably worth $24-27k...so how you guys meet in the middle is up to you.

I had an 03 350Z...I will say that I don't miss it at all.

IMHO, the nsx is worth alot more than what you've stated...anyways the guy with the NSX that you're talking about is a very close friend of mine, we're both car enthusiasts, and i can vouche that he takes very good care of his cars even though i can't speak about the previous owners since i don't know them...i've been trying to convince him to keep the car for the past few months but he is still undecided i think if you got the NSX you wouldn't regret it, the NSX and the 350z are totally different cars and there are pros and cons to both. as for the high mileage i guess that's something you have to ask yourself if you'd be able to fix the car if anything were to go wrong, if you don't have the money than it might not be a good idea on getting it if you do then hey why not? i see 350z all day long driving around and im lucky to see 1 nsx a week unless i goto a meet or something.

i'll just end by saying the car is in great shape and looks beautiful in person, the car you're questioning is one reason that tempted me to get an nsx, i just fell in love with it after seeing it in person :)

DrVolkl said:
First of all, I'd have to say that you're going to have a tough time getting $24k for your car on the open market. (Not saying you couldn't, but it won't be easy at all...more likely you're looking at $20k if you don't want to wait 6 months to sell it)

The blue book for the NSX is not accurate at all either....so throw out the $17k idea.

Now, 130k miles is a lot, but not really for the NSX. I personally wouldn't want to buy such a high mile car, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good deal. His car is probably worth $24-27k...so how you guys meet in the middle is up to you.

I had an 03 350Z...I will say that I don't miss it at all.
Ditto.
Couldn’t have said it better my self:smile:

Last edited:
DrVolkl said:

He's right on the money!!!

I was actually looking at the car with the 02 conversion. From the looks of it, it looks like it came out great. I believe if you checked out the car in person, you can make your final decision there. That conversion does not come cheap, look at it this way there is a guy on autotrader with 160k asking $25k.

I have a 02 Z06 TT and I am looking into getting a NSX. So that should tell you a lot about the styling and the durability of these cars. I to am afraid of high mileage, but if your really considering this NSx, you need to go check it out yourself. Because it does not matter what people say or what pictures show you. Nothing is better than seating in one and driving it. Than you can make your decision there, is this car worth the money.

Back