• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wow lowest mileage Nsx Ever forsale!

Unreal 1,369 miles who ever buy this is getting a good deal at $45k since it sold about 100k new and they probably would take $40k. Tires are original rotten hope the fluids have been changed lol.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ingsHeaderPosition=top&max_price=&cardist=266

Here is another nice example $39k but the wheel gaurd screws should be colored black and not chrome not sure why it has been changed on picture 4 compared to picture 25 on the red car.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&transmission=&max_price=39999&cardist=104

Attachments

• pictres4and25.JPG
    pictres4and25.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 98
The red one looks great but what a shame the owner didn't get to enjoy driving it. If they wanted to stare at it in a garage, they could have made huge posters and saved some $$$$.

Would be interesting to know the story on the red one. Sure seems out of place considering what else is for sale at that auto lot.

It's certainly not the lowest mileage ever...a ~500 mile one was on the block a year or so ago.

You never know--that might be the current low-mileage record holder. 1991 was 17 years ago...can't imagine too many NSXs in the world with less than 1,500 miles anymore.

Unreal 1,369 miles who ever buy this is getting a good deal at $45k since it sold about 100k new and they probably would take $40k. Tires are original rotten hope the fluids have been changed lol.

I'm not sure how a 17 year old probably maintenance neglected museum piece could be classified as a "good deal" at $45K... :rolleyes:

I've ranted on ultra-low mileage cars before. They're not "good deals"--they are what they are. Sellers of these car get a free pass on maintenance not to mention lots of other things that normally don't need replacement due to regular driving can become problems like certain seals and gaskets that become compromised through non-use.

I would plan on spending no less than $5,000 to get this car into driving condition. At $50K a 1991 NSX is a good deal? One can purchase an absolutely cherry 97 for $50K that has 35K miles. What's really the difference between 33K miles on an NSX? What difference does it make if it's the first 33K or not such as 40K vs. 73K?

These cars are what they are. They are showpieces and command premiums that are emotionally and irrationally fueled by their low mileage. If a museum piece is what you want then it very well might be a good deal. But if you actually want to drive this car there's much better "values" out there, IMO.

Agree 100% with NSXGMS.... these cars that are not driven often are mechanically worse off than if they were driven and maintained properly.

That being said, they are guaranteed to get a lot of posts and excitement pretty much every time one comes up for sale.

This is truly a sad thread. Reminds me of the old prospector in "Toy Stories" in which he remain sealed in the box as a collectible while the other toys were played it.

Agree 100% with NSXGMS.... these cars that are not driven often are mechanically worse off than if they were driven and maintained properly.

That being said, they are guaranteed to get a lot of posts and excitement pretty much every time one comes up for sale.

:smile:

Where the heck is Metrowest MA? I know that's not near Sunderland...:wink:

Agree with the posts above regarding low mileage and seals worn out+reconditioning versus driven maintained Nsx's.

GSR yeh a nice poster framed would have been less expensive.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ingsHeaderPosition=top&max_price=&cardist=266

Here is another nice example $39k but the wheel gaurd screws should be colored black and not chrome not sure why it has been changed on picture 4 compared to picture 25 on the red car.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&transmission=&max_price=39999&cardist=104

You owe me one free washing for my pair of jeans. I spat out my latte' when I saw you new avatar.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

92 NSX MSRP around 65K new back then. You only save 20k for a 16 years old car.

92 NSX MSRP around 65K new back then. You only save 20k for a 16 years old car.

Even less than $20K difference - MSRP for a 1992 NSX was exactly $63,000 in 1992, plus destination and handling charges which I believe were about $600.

Again, when a cherry 97 can be had for the same price I'll let everyone decide what the better "value" is. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
damn, my dream car with mileage to prove it. im always weary when picking up from the dealer...atleast with a private party sale, you can sorta make out the past history of the car by speaking with the guy who actually owned and drove it for a while...

why would a car with this pedigree be at a dealership, unless on consignment from a very wealthy and busy car collector? my goal would be to find hard paperwork to verify the mileage...BUT, the car shows no wear and tear from the pics. interior condition is the dead giveaway that corresponds to mileage, and this one looks to be parallel with the miles....damn.

Even less than $20K difference - MSRP for a 1992 NSX was exactly $63,000 in 1992, plus destination and handling charges which I believe were about $600.

Again, when a cherry 97 can be had for the same price I'll let everyone decide what the better "value" is. :rolleyes:

Yeah, if inflation didn't exist.
$63,600 in 1992 is $95,686.65 in 2007 dollars.

The inner fender screw is crome because it is really a snap for attaching a bra to the car. The factory screw is replaced for the bra mounting.

Thanks for clarifying you learn something new everyday :)

Again, when a cherry 97 can be had for the same price I'll let everyone decide what the better "value" is.

True an NA2 does have the upgrades, though I don't care for bodyflex, power steering much and the added 100lbs & OBD2. For this much plus a few thousand more I would pass for a Zinardi have a Skim Latte no whip :)

Amazing. I hope the guy that sold it did not trade it and and getting mugged on the price, or sell it for what the books say the car is worth. If so, the person just took a hug bath on their car. Anyone call the dealership to find out the interesting story on this one?

Back