• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wow!!! SOS gt bumper has arrived

OEM is my preference.....smooth, clean with a touch of class. GT is more of a racing version that deminishes the true art from line in which the NSX was the designed for....welllllll, in another word....I prefer OEM cuz I AM GETTING OLD!!!!!!:p

I'm sorry but I don't see the big deal on this one. This front bumper is an obvious remake of Marga Hills.

MH_black_NSX[1].jpg

Just get rid of you quazi corner canard and "viola!", insant front bumper. Minus Marga Hills' awesome (if poorly made) headlight assembly. :( Sorry, but no originality bone for SOS on this one.

MsKadyB said:
Marga Hills costs $$$ doesn't it? My friend paid a grand for just his front bumper! :eek:

I might have been the one selling it to him. I sold mine on ebay for that amount. I loved it, and paid more than that for it. But the fitment of the headlight coverssucked!!

The new Cantrell Concepts GT Front Bumper looks similar to the Marga Hills bumper, but is a completely different design. After spending quite a bit of time to correctly fit the Marga Hills bumper with the 2002 lights on our customer's car, we decided it was best to start from scatch using a factory bumper as the base to get the fitment correct. The angular ducts and lip styling was retained and a new upper section was designed based on the 2002 upper bumper to have a much more "factory-tune" look. If you compare the lower section, and area around and below the headlights, you will see that the two are quite different. The
bumper is the best "plug-and play" option available, in my opinion.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Juice said:
I'm sorry but I don't see the big deal on this one. This front bumper is an obvious remake of Marga Hills.

Just get rid of you quazi corner canard and "viola!", insant front bumper. Minus Marga Hills' awesome (if poorly made) headlight assembly. :( Sorry, but no originality bone for SOS on this one.

Chris, I did notice that the 2002 upper bumper was used instead of retaining the pre 2002 upper bumper. The fact still stands that the Marga Hills front bumper served as the base for the new design. I'm not trying to throw stones, just trying to lead up to my next point. I guess what really irks me about the design is that you gave up on the Marga Hills headlight conversion as well as any way of using this front bumper on pre 2002 NSX.

Unless of course one is willing to convert to the 2002 headlight setup!

I have never really liked the new headlights, and have fealt alienated by the trend to force NSX'ers into the new setup. On the other hand, I loved the Marga Hills headlight setup as it retained a "cover" effect. Now, this is a lot of pointless bitching, I know, but when I heard SOS was working on a remake of the MH headlight setup I was quick to sell my MH front end for the soon to be released, superior SOS version. But alas, only if I wish to use the new 2002 headlights.

(As I step off my soapbox I can fell the noose tighten.)

hi Josh -- I'm sorry to say that we after much work, we've decided to not produce this part. Being that the design is unsealed, we're not able to produce a quality or reliable part that will fit properly. You should try to make it out to next year's NSXPO, as I think you may have a change of heart. It is quite amazing in person!

Cheers,
-- Chris

I would like to comment since I have lived through the Marga Hills headlight "ordeal".

There is one obvious feature of the Marga Hills headlight assembly that completely changed my mind about its practicality: it is not fully enclosed. Therefore, whenever you wash the car, water spots appear on the inside of the headlight assembly cover and you cannot clean the surface without loosening several screws. In addition, the fitment issues were impossible to deal with and they always looked like an aftermarket add-on. This is despite hours and hours of work by Will Cantrell.

I love the 2002 headlight assembly and would not choose anything else.

Hey Juice
You had better go to Nsxpo this year, and show those fools what your drop top can do! :D

I have to agree with Ron, I saw his Marga Hills set up at Nsxpo last year and I was disappointed in the head light fitment.
You could see the gaps around the lights, it made the car look cheap.IMO
The new gt face lift looks great, but I bet it looks even better in person.

I never liked the way Chris car looked from the pics that were posted here, until I saw it in person.
It is now on my mod list.

Attention Will, can you make me this front end? PLEASE!!!
I have a blank check in hand for you. :D

:D

Attention Will, can you make me this front end? PLEASE!!!
I have a blank check in hand for you. :D

:D [/B]

I concure!!!!! Put me on the list tooo:D I bet it would turn out real nice with JGTC wide body and this front end in lime green:cool: yessss yessss....

Last edited:
Re: Exaust type

Fastrunner said:
Zanardi 0;

Which exhaust you have intalled on your car? it looks great with the 02 rear valance.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Comptech................best street exhaust!!IMO

Back