• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB: 23441-PR8-020 JDM 3rd Gear

Kid

Contributing Member
As title, need one for myself and my mate's car.
We've tried a few different options but unsuccessful.
Anyone have even one lying around?
Located in Perth, Western Australia but happy to buy from worldwide.
Cheers

They take the order then cancel, have tried 3 times over 6-7 months.

They take the order then cancel, have tried 3 times over 6-7 months.
It may be that the part is permanently discontinued. Most of the time Amayama will say it's on backorder and give you the option to wait (sometimes years) if another production run is expected. If they cancel the order and say it's discontinued, then it's gone. :(

It may be that the part is permanently discontinued. Most of the time Amayama will say it's on backorder and give you the option to wait (sometimes years) if another production run is expected. If they cancel the order and say it's discontinued, then it's gone. :(
Yep exactly this.
I've also got reply from Taitec in Japan that it's no longer produced, hoping someone has a couple lying around so my mates car and mine can get back on the road!

I've been searching for the same for around a year now, still no luck. I'm thinking about getting them made from a local (Aus) manufacturer. I'm guessing there would be quite a number of people keen if I could get it replicated?

I've been searching for the same for around a year now, still no luck. I'm thinking about getting them made from a local (Aus) manufacturer. I'm guessing there would be quite a number of people keen if I could get it replicated?
You'd have 2 buyers immediately here - I assume many more as well!

I sent out enquiries to about 5 places around Aus. The only response that looked promising is below. But it doesn't really seem like a feasible move.

Holinger.jpg

I've got this, more promising looking.
It might be a no choice option at this stage.
Still holding out for an original, which I can then get copied easily

1697535038234.png

Not sure when you enquired. But I was a bit more specific and this was the response I got from Albins.

PS. I actually have a Type R 5 Speed Box that I could remove the gears out of, if we can actually get someone to copy it.

Albins.jpg

Hmm this is what I sent, 2nd of October
If you do have a type R box lying around, surely the gear can be copied!

1697621128560.png

I recommend to buy extra of everything. I suspect this will be the last run. And considering you were willing to pay ~6x retail • MOQ to reproduce it.

An unserviceable transmission pretty much bricks the car. Makes hoarding a genuinely good financial strategy.

One is none, two is one, three and four is nice to have.

Last edited:
Scarcity Mindset does lead to hoarding and clutter.

Living a minimalist lifestyle either means one does/have very little or has an extremely high net worth.

Yup, I have a completely brand new spare gearbox now lol.
I recommend to buy extra of everything. I suspect this will be the last run. And considering you were willing to pay ~6x+MOQ the retail cost to reproduce it.

An unserviceable transmission pretty much bricks the car.

One is none, two is one, three and four is nice to have.

Back