• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powertrain WTB 5MT Clutch case / possible input shaft (no gears, just shaft)

Hello prime!

With the recent detonation of my factory clutch (defective springs) the trans developed a leak from inside the clutch housing face ( I thought it was the input shaft seal ) just before the clutch died.

So I'm looking for a clutch case and possibly an input shaft for a 5 speed. I have leak detector in the trans currently so when I pull the trans, hopefully I can identify (finally) where the leak is coming from after 2 trans pulls. This will be the third time the trans is out of the car in 5 months, I suspect its a clutch case fracture somewhere as the trans does not leak when sitting and idling for over one hour.

So it could either be a slightly bent input shaft or a clutch case crack that opens slightly when full operating temp is achieved. Thank you prime!

EDIT* input shaft can include gears if the price is right =).

EDIT 2* the "clutch case" is referring to the first portion of the actual transmission case and not the actual clutch, thought I'd clarify to avoid any confusion. Cheers!

Last edited:
Back