• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB ZANARDI, possible trade for 2000 M5

Looking for a Zanardi. A straight car without a checkered past. Someone with a growing family, or needing a back seat, would do well moving from their Zanardi, and into my M5.

My M5 was purchased from Tischer BMW/Porsche/Audi in Maryland http://www.mileone.com/region/md/div/hgt/t/home.htm in Spring of 2001, with approximately 4K miles. Car was sold originally by Tischer (888) 890-3001, to a friend of Rudi Tischer (Tischer's founder, Owner), and bought back for resale shortly thereafter. Ari (?) was my salesman. To the best of my recollection, I paid approximately $73,XXX for the M5. Car was transported to South Florida during our move in Summer of 2001. Car was my daily driver until I acquired other cars last year, and I've stopped driving the M5, thus the reason for sale.

2000 Silver/Black/Wood M5 currently has 19,XXX miles. Everything works as expected, and interior and exterior are exceptionally clean. Condition is as seen in attached photos (way too many cars, some must go). Car is serviced by Roger at Lauderdale BMW, (954) 527-3800. Options include, original BMW phone (complete, still in original box, ~$2,500!), six CD changer in trunk, Navigation system, with DVD in trunk, badge delete on back trunk lid (i.e. "sleeper"). Missing option is ski-pass boot through trunk into rear seat. I also have a (rare) sales guide for this M5, and all sales paperwork. Car has all books, tools, and all sets of keys. Car has no lien, and is currently on Florida tags. I'm asking $47,900 for the car, and unless there are reasonable, mitigating circumstances, I typically don't negotiate. The car is correctly priced at, or below, typical asking price. This price takes into account: "black book" pricing, local dealer recommendation, and the mileage and condition of this M5.

BTW, this M5 has a factory fresh transmission, and a factory new clutch, plus new Michelins all around. Last year, at 17,XXX miles, I had complained to BMW that the transmission was not as "tight" as it once used to be. They stated that the transmission is a sealed unit, and can't be adjusted. The regional BMW service rep saw that I was a long time BMW customer, and authorized Lauderdale BMW to install the new six-speed, plus a brand new clutch. Clutch and transmission now function as new.

On 10-19-04, Julie Miller (954) 620-5055 at Lauderdale BMW convinced BMW to Goddwill 100% of the parts and labor to replace the VANOS induction system, plus 2 oxygen sensors that had gone bad. In this respect, BMW is excellent with the M cars. If soemthing goes wrong, they replace, if they can verify that I was not the cause of the problem, even though my M5 is off warranty.

If you've never owned an M5, you should consider one strongly. An M5 is simply a stunning car. What else offers looks, nearly 400hp and 400 ft-lbs of torque, 4 doors, 5 seats, and a 6-speed. The car is capable of absolutely pouncing from lights, the torque is that great. The new model is certainly going to be fast, but until Chris Bangle leaves BMW, I've pulled my deposit on the new M5. Feel free to call me for further details. My mobile is 954-895-9305.

Warmest regards
Anil

Advance confidently in the direction of your dreams and endeavor to live the life which you've imagined, and you will meet with a success unexpected in common hours
-Henry David Thoreau
-----

Anil Sethi
Chief Executive Officer
Xlipstream Corporation
7130 Minstrel Way, Suite 100
Columbia, Maryland 21045
410-312-9830 (office)
410-312-9835 (fax)
954-895-9305 (mobile)
anilDOTsethiATxlipstreamDOTcom

Attachments