• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Xenon K2 HID Conversion Kit

Originally posted by NyC NsX:
HID bulbs higher then 6000k will be so purple that the light will just be lost in the road .... it is a known fact that the usable light will be less as the color temp of the bulb rises .... if u dont belive me as chris at SoS or read this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000574.html

No problem, if 8000k is too much we also have a 6000k system for $425.
It's up to the customer, but 90% of our customers prefer the 8000k and are happy with that.

Standard HID kits do not plug-and-play on the NSX the way they do on most other cars.

I see an NSX on your website. Do you provide everything needed to make the kit work in the NSX? Please elaborate on exactly what is included and how it is installed.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 30 August 2002).]

Originally posted by Lud:
Standard HID kits do not plug-and-play on the NSX the way they do on most other cars.

I see an NSX on your website. Do you provide everything needed to make the kit work in the NSX? Please elaborate on exactly what is included and how it is installed.

The only thing different on the NSX is that the wires are backwards, the white is ground and the black is positive. We provide a little cable that fixes this.
Let me have your e-mail so I can send some pictures, because I do not know how to add pics to this page.
[email protected]

Hey guys Ive seen the kit at Xenons shop and will install the 8000 this weekend, it has everything you need for a clean install. Will give an update tuesday.
Armando

Originally posted by Xenon K2:
The only thing different on the NSX is that the wires are backwards, the white is ground and the black is positive. We provide a little cable that fixes this.
Let me have your e-mail so I can send some pictures, because I do not know how to add pics to this page.
[email protected]

How do you handle the weather seal caps and retainer clip?

Do you cut / splice the high-voltage wire at any point?

Where are you mounting the ballasts?

If you have pictures showing how the NSX install works, please e-mail me at [email protected]

THE KIT HAS A GROMMET INCLUDED, AND THE BALAST CAN BE MOUNTED UNDERNEATH, I WILL POST THE INSTALL PICS AFTER THIS WEEKEND INSTALL

i have a generic HID kit and everything fits under the headlight cover neatly....as long as your ballast isnt the type with the seperate igniter.

Originally posted by NyC NsX:
i have a generic HID kit and everything fits under the headlight cover neatly....as long as your ballast isnt the type with the seperate igniter.

Xenon K2 has a ballast with the igniter inside, just one piece that we call just ballast.

I received the pics but they are not what I am looking for. They were just pictures of the components in the kit and then a front-on shot of a completed install. I am looking for pictures showing the actual installation - i.e. the back of the headlights, the wiring, etc.

Originally posted by Lud:
I received the pics but they are not what I am looking for. They were just pictures of the components in the kit and then a front-on shot of a completed install. I am looking for pictures showing the actual installation - i.e. the back of the headlights, the wiring, etc.

The pictures that we have do not show the installation step by step. Next NSX installation we will take pictures and e-mail to you. Maybe we will have those this weekend. Keep you posted.

Installed the K2 Kit this weekend, looks incredible, the install took less than an hour, if someone could tell me where I can host the pictures of the install I will post them there, if not email me and I will send them.
Armando

Back