• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

XSpower offering free turbo kit for 1st NSX R&D

*** Protential Candidates found***

I was browsing around in www.clubna-t.com This is basically a forum for Toyota J2Z-GE Turbo charged peeps. XSpower supply J2Z-GE turbo kit hardware for $1500 (without electronics)

I posted a question for XSpower to do a NSX kit and I got a reply giving an offer to do a kit. This is the reply I got.

If you were willing to get an NSX here for development then YES I can do this. First person to supply an NSX gets a free kit when they are released. Too bad you're not local... shipping your car back and forth would be about $1500 each way. Talk to a new england NSX guy and see if they want to part with their car for part of the winter. Secure indoor storage is provided of course.

Mark..... [email protected]
email is the fastest way to get me, but use 603-674-3468 if you prefer the phone.

So Here a chance if you are in NH & NC area to get a free turbo kit.

I'm too far away so I cannot do this. But I will buy a production kit when it is done.

This is there main Web Site. www.xs-power.com
go to www.clubna-t.com if you want to read up more on XSpower

Last edited:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahaahaa

yes, its the same company as SSautocrhome.

also the same company that has the turbo that brakes in half.

their manifolds are total garbage and cheap chinese knock off of greddy and anyother brand name they can get their hands on.

i would not let these goons touch my nsx if they paid me.....

you want a SSautochrome turbo system on your NSX?

the welds on the ssautochrome turbos brake off under boost and damage the turbo system.

if you use their 200$ garbage turbo thats ok, but if you have a top notch brand name turbo your in trouble.

they also sell paper diaphram bovs and wastegates. :biggrin:

they got banned offf ebay month ago for selling total garabge. cant believe they are still around.

go to www.ssautochrome.com and look at the crap they sell.

also open your eyes.

www.clubna-t.com

is a forum setup by xspower and ssautochrome to sell their garbage to kids who dont know any better.

I had their intercoolers on my sti and evo and was really happy with them. I would be wary about putting a full turbo kit on though.

According to Mark at Clubna-t.com a candidate was found.

I would like to see a product before bashing starts. Not very productive.

There are good number of people in the supraforum that posted that XSpower kit was good for up to 500hp. Then suggested better kit if you plan to make more than 500hp.

I would be happy with 400-500hp kit that doesn't cost $9000.

Then again I can understand the frustration if a cheaper kit can make 400+hp for well under $9000 for those that is running CTSC , Lovefab turbos and HP turbos.

Now let hope we see some new Kits!!!

Admin please lock thread.

According to Mark at Clubna-t.com a candidate was found.

I would like to see a product before bashing starts. Not very productive.

they been around for years. their product has been tested and bashed everywhere cause its crap.

go on google and search for ssautochrome. :rolleyes:

the ssautochrome supra manifolds are direct knock off of greddy. no bracing, just cheap stainless 304.

i run the authentic greddy and an authetic greddy t78. i could have gotten the crappy ssautochrome with the chinese turbo for 999$... but somethings you cant go cheap on.

common sense applies to everything in life. if a quality Garret gt42 turbo costs 1500$ by itself and ssautochome is putting out a turbo and manifold combo for 999$ something is not right here since if the price is so cheap, something has go to give.. ie quality.

good luck with whoever is sending their car to xspower.

here is a simple search of ssautochrome on google.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ssautochrome+sucks&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial

dont get me wrong. i love a good deal. but in the case of ssautochrome, getting screwed out of $$$ and risking engine damage does not = a good deal in my books.

btw this is the LEGENDARY SSAUTOCHROME QUALITY.

ssautocrap1.jpg

ssautocrap2.jpg

WOW LOOK, SUPER QUALITY!

aas.jpg

SSAUTOCHROME and XSpower started out on eBay.

here is the collection of wonderful exp people had with SSautochrome crap.

CLICK HERE. EBAY SSAUTOCHROME REVIEW

if they want to gernade a nsx, they should by one themself instead of fn around with other people's nsx.

their reputation is so shty, they had to start their own forum to sell their garbage.

yes LOCK this tread cause ssautocrap has been played out and the jury has left the building a long long time ago.

this page SUMS it up. check out their "quality" turbos.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bblgroup.us/ssautochrome_files/image002.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bblgroup.us/ssautochrome.htm&h=600&w=660&sz=74&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=DkM5_LayLE2sQM:&tbnh=125&tbnw=138&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dssautochrome%2Bturbo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial

image001.png

why would you put your name on crap like this?

happy ssautochrome/xspower free motoring!

Rob:smile:

Last edited:
Guys, that canidate was going to be me. Thanks for the info. They won't be experimenting with my car, after reading all the negative comments about their turbo kits. I will call Mark back today to pull out of his search for an NSX, so I quess the search is still open. Cody, I will be doing your budget kit. Frank

WOW , you guys are funny...

I dont work for clubna-t.com but folks at Clublexus, Supraforum and My.is are actually pretty happy with there xspower turbo kits for 1jz and 2jz recently. They just expect a mid HP increase and not to use it to make a 500+ horsepower monster. Looks as tho a couple of the pictures are dating back 4years ago. They are still in business the product could have improved.

Some of the folk in this section are even making there own turbo kits. It really isn't rocket science. I have piece together a turbo kit with another car before myself and I was boosting for a couple years before I sold the car. You have to realize that above a 100hp gain you will need internal upgrade.

I wouldn't expect this kit to do 700hp but if it can add 100-150 hp at a reasonable cost and quality. I think a lot of us will buy it. Just look at those Top-Speed headers people are buying them.

I just think we should see some finish products first before we bash. There is no group buy and no one is asking for deposits and someone is going to get a kit for free.

As you said, some are doing their own kit but adding 100 hp or adding 300 hp the quality of the kit should be the same. Making a $1500 setup is pretty unrealistic unless the essential parts, the turbocharger itself, the aftercooler, boost controller, blow off valve are REALLY inexpensive. I suppose that if you designed a system with no aftercooler, mechanical boost control, no blow off valve and a thrust bearing turbo, the mechanicals could be done assuming that the fabrication costs are minimal.

Add fuel pump and electronics and tuning, another 2K unless of course you tune it yourself.

I guess that the advantage is that if things do break, you have an opportunity and excuse to rebuild your engine and then do a high boost setup.:biggrin:

Tim

there is a big difference between buying cheap-er headers and a knock-off turbo that splits in half. just my opinion.

Guys, that canidate was going to be me. Thanks for the info. They won't be experimenting with my car, after reading all the negative comments about their turbo kits. I will call Mark back today to pull out of his search for an NSX, so I quess the search is still open. Cody, I will be doing your budget kit. Frank

FRANK! wow thank god you dodged this bullet!!!

I dont work for clubna-t.com but folks at Clublexus, Supraforum and My.is are actually pretty happy with there xspower turbo kits for 1jz and 2jz recently. They just expect a mid HP increase and not to use it to make a 500+ horsepower monster. Looks as tho a couple of the pictures are dating back 4years ago. They are still in business the product could have improved.

Some of the folk in this section are even making there own turbo kits. It really isn't rocket science. I have piece together a turbo kit with another car before myself and I was boosting for a couple years before I sold the car. You have to realize that above a 100hp gain you will need internal upgrade.

I wouldn't expect this kit to do 700hp but if it can add 100-150 hp at a reasonable cost and quality. I think a lot of us will buy it. Just look at those Top-Speed headers people are buying them.

I just think we should see some finish products first before we bash. There is no group buy and no one is asking for deposits and someone is going to get a kit for free.

you have the 1jz kids confused from the 2jz kids.

most of the cheap xscrap kits are sold to the 1jz kids since they dont care much about reliability or their car. most of the 1jz are used and abused and frankly look like crap. the owners are 20 and under.

the 1jz and 2jz are totally different crowds. you might get some stragglers on with a 2jz buying a xscrap kit who is on a budget but any of the serious owners with a 2jz would laugh at the thought of 1500 turbo "kit".

if you have 3000$ 1jz.... vs a $30000 2jz, the demographic is completely different. :rolleyes:

also with the NSX vs the 2jz. the 2jz crowd is definitely more likely to push the envelope after all 1000hp isn't nothing for a Supra. I'll be making 600-700 when im done with my supra and im almost embarrassed to tell people im making 700 since with a 2jz, if you isn't pushing 4 digits, you isn't trying hard enough.

anyways. the NSX crowd is mature and we like reliability. We didn't buy a 80K Honda because of lack of choice, but rather a mature taste in precision engineering.

you can always find the exception to the rule; someone will donate their nsx as a test car. but the majority will not. Even if ssautocrap decides to make a nsx turbo, I dont think it will sell due to the AWESOME quality of their products as documented over the last 6+ years.

I have a suggestion. Why dont you donate your nsx to ssautocrap? get them to pay 800$ to trailer your car to their location. they can street tune your nsx, maybe blow your motor and you can get a 1500 pos turbo kit that will brake apart and god knows what.

the risk on this deal is about 10000000000000 and the reward is .00000001

NOTHING in life is FREE.

if the turbo grenades.... you do realize you dont JUST lose the turbo.... you can also lose your motor as the wonderful pieces of the turbo gets sucked into your motor:smile:

im surpised you even posted this tread here since it would do more damage then good for any owner that signs up.

the nsx community is much better off with out a ssautocrap turbo kit.

why are they trying to make aturbo kit anyways? they cant get their hands on a lovefab to copy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no, im going to bash them right now. i have SEEN the quality of their products over the last 6 years. its the same ssautocrpa garabge.

did you happen to miss all the pictures i posted and the hundreds of search results on google? :rolleyes:

send them your car, we would love to hear back from you afte 30 miles on their wonderful turbo and cracking manifolds.

Happy motoring

Rob:smile:

Seems like some people only hear what they want to hear. Don't think of this as bashing the company. Think of this as a warning to fellow NSX owners.

I'm surprised that many NSX owners don't seem to "get out" much, as far as product names and reputation goes. There are too many "new to the NSX crowd" vendors trying to sell crap that don't belong on an NSX. Like RON98 said, if any of the turbo components fail, there is a big chance it will take a part of your motor with it. So, cool...... get a free turbo kit, but have it destroy a $5000 engine.

Since there seems to be an open spot for the R&D car, and you seem to support XS Power, why don't you ship your car to them? Even after the cost of shipping, you still come out way less than the cost of any other turbo kit out there.

I'm wary of any FI kit where the R&D is done on customer car only. We all know the history of FI on NSX and how difficult it is to get a good kit with good management, and how much time/effort it takes. If the vender wants to do it right, I believe it requires the vender to have their own test car, not a customer car.

I wouldn't expect this kit to do 700hp but if it can add 100-150 hp at a reasonable cost and quality.

i would never put "reasonable quality" parts on my car.... .esp the nsx
if you're looking to save money on the kit, you could buy "reasonable quality", but if you're looking to save money in the long run, then buy "high quality"

i'm in the same boat tho..... i don't have 9 grand to make my car a little faster.... (buying a 600RR next week instead:tongue: )
heh, i say that, but i'll probably end up buying a CTSC or HP or lovefab system down the road :redface:

The bargain right now is the HP turbo, $8k with AEM EMS and quality components, 400rwhp and free headers/exhaust.

I am not sure why there seems to be only about a dozen of us running around, I have over 5k miles on my HP kit; as far as this company is concerned... I think everyone welcomes new vendors, but for a lower price you're going to get a either an incomplete kit, a bad fueling solution, lower quality components, or all three. If its a beater, sure, but if its not, spend a few extra $ and get something with a solid reputation behind it. When I purchased my HP kit, I believe I was one of the first, but I was comfortable with the company, as they had strong reputation building kits for other cars, and had taken the expense of purchasing a car to build their kit on. As mentioned, when a company wants to do their R&D on a customer car, it raises an eyebrow.

If someone does end up taking advantage of this situation, I hope it will be someone who is near the fabrication facility, so they can check on the status of the build, and the quality of the components going into the car. Once the piping and major components are installed, and are of satisfactory build-quality, a proper fueling system must be installed, with a suitable piggy back or standalone computer. Once you do all of this, you're going to be pretty damn close to the turn key price offered by HP performance, for a kit that is shipping now and doesn't require your car for a season.

Back