• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yamaha motobike parts, vintage bmx bike

I purchased a basket case 1974 Yamaha Motobike old BMX bicycle like I had as a kid, and will be restoring to give to my boys, or hang it on the wall, Does anyone on NSXPrime, have one or parts laying around? If not do you know a good place to locate misc parts? respond or pm me if you can help, thanks.....
Brent
817-269-3839 cell if easier to call/text:smile:

Come on nobody ? Really ?

Last edited:
hey Brent, Is it a yellow one with a rear suspension? The basic stuff you can get ,tire rims crank stuff etc. Axles were super long and broke often. What do you need? Got pics?

hey Brent, Is it a yellow one with a rear suspension? The basic stuff you can get ,tire rims crank stuff etc. Axles were super long and broke often. What do you need? Got pics?

Not sure yet its being shipped, need oem seat banana or small one, rear fender, not sure yet. thought maybe primers had some parts or a bike laying around and not needed. Someone sawed off rear loop of frame behind the seat area, will be making that from tubing i guess. This one is yellow. I know they are heavy and not really a BMX bike, but I had the first one in Texas back in 1974, thought would be fun to have. :smile:

Last edited:
There are a couple of these on eBay now that appear to be complete, You might be better off starting with one of them?

Try BMXmuseum.com I got a lot of parts for my old school 1979 Cook's bro's and 1980 Redline.

Got bike, pretty rough, needs possibly one crank arm, kick stand, seat, front fork race, anybody have a bike or part of a motobike sitting around? thanks

I don't think i have time to build this thing, anyone looking for one? or parts? I have 250.00 in it.

I don't think i have time to build this thing, anyone looking for one? or parts? I have 250.00 in it.

Hi folks, now I have 2 parts bikes, anyone have parts laying around? chain guard, seats, wheels etc? thanks

Yea http://bmxmuseum.com/ is where I go.
Use to ride Kuwahara,Diamondback,mongoose & dyno.

As a kid I wanted a Kuwahara or PK Ripper as much as I wanted an NSX as an adult, if not more. Looking at photos of those welds on the PK Ripper frame bring back such memories.

I sold my Schwinn SX500 with redline cranks along with a bunch of other dust collectors when saving up to shift money into the NSX. Thanks for reminding me about that site and its amazing time-machine ability:)

As a kid I wanted a Kuwahara or PK Ripper as much as I wanted an NSX as an adult, if not more. Looking at photos of those welds on the PK Ripper frame bring back such memories.

I sold my Schwinn SX500 with redline cranks along with a bunch of other dust collectors when saving up to shift money into the NSX. Thanks for reminding me about that site and its amazing time-machine ability:)

No problem.

I am loving to read about any and all old school BMX on Prime.

I raced in Tucson c. '81 but wasn't anything special, same goes for my bike which was a tank of a Mongoose Motomag.
I did have a pretty nice Kos Kruiser 26" for a while which I sold for car $$. I wish I had more of a stash after seeing ho valuable the old stuff is now.
Here is a pic:
attachment.php

Attachments

• kos-01.jpg
    kos-01.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 981
Back