• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet another car to shame Honda into action.....

John McCain Racing said:
Honda better come up with something soon....

Why Honda's making more money than Nissan:biggrin:

John McCain Racing said:
What does that have to do with having a car to compete with Nissan and Lexus?

I was just joking chief! You said Honda had to do something as far as dumping money into a usually unprofitable segment. I don't think Honda's rushing to get into this segment. Toyota and Nissan left the segment in the nineties and Honda stayed and took a beating I'm sure they don't mind letting those two have a whack at it first.

WingZ said:
I was just joking chief! You said Honda had to do something as far as dumping money into a usually unprofitable segment. I don't think Honda's rushing to get into this segment. Toyota and Nissan left the segment in the nineties and Honda stayed and took a beating I'm sure they don't mind letting those two have a whack at it first.

I agree with an unprofitable segment, but doing something doesn't mean they have to jump into it. I have been working for Acura or Honda since 1997 and it's gotten REALLY old hearing all the rumors, etc on what they are going to do in regards to another NSX. I remember in 2003 it was rumored that the "New NSX" would be a hybrid. The lastest news around is that they have 2 ideas working and both are a front engine and will be a mass produced car with a steel body. I wish they would go ahead and announce no more NSX so the value of ours would hold or increase! :wink:

John McCain Racing said:
I agree with an unprofitable segment, but doing something doesn't mean they have to jump into it. I have been working for Acura or Honda since 1997 and it's gotten REALLY old hearing all the rumors, etc on what they are going to do in regards to another NSX. I remember in 2003 it was rumored that the "New NSX" would be a hybrid. The lastest news around is that they have 2 ideas working and both are a front engine and will be a mass produced car with a steel body. I wish they would go ahead and announce no more NSX so the value of ours would hold or increase! :wink:

I wish they would as well. I'm pretty sure if they were going to do something they would have done it by now. Everybody else has a prototype that has been seen ,but Honda's is "hidden". All these guy's keep posting "I have a friend" or "My dealer said". Get over it guys and kiss it bye bye!

Ladies and gentleman......Honda has left the building:biggrin:

Let's see if this car in stock form can run the lap under 7:56.

If it can, by how much.:biggrin:

Vancehu said:
Let's see if this car in stock form can run the lap under 7:56.

If it can, by how much.:biggrin:

Even if it does it will never look as sweet as an NSX-R:biggrin:

Honestly, looks, "ok" but NOTHING extraordinary in those curves, maybe the showroom version will look good also but nothing out of this world that Honda should worry ... even the 90 NSX looks in other leage (higher leage)
OScar

I dont care how fast or how much HP, if its got a back seat, its not a true sports car and shouldnt even be compared to an NSX....But thats just me :biggrin: .

However I will say the GT-R looks nice and has great numbers :smile:

NSXrunner said:
I dont care how fast or how much HP, if its got a back seat, its not a true sports car and shouldnt even be compared to an NSX....But thats just me :biggrin: .

However I will say the GT-R looks nice and has great numbers :smile:

:p

The Porsche 911 Turbo has a back seat. It's not too shabby.

ahh - not bad. reminds me of the latest mustang for some reason. Nice numbers, but if the HSC is an indication of where we're going next, I think Honda has this beat. I just hope honda doesn't try and style the next NSX after the current and rather bland 'acura' line. Styling, in particular the RSX being the sporty model, is a bit disappointing. TL is the best design (considering the car's class) in a long while, I think Honda has to put more into making each of the cars in the Acura lineup more distinct and edgey or just kill the whole Acura line and stick with the Honda name.

rickysals said:
:p

The Porsche 911 Turbo has a back seat. It's not too shabby.

Damn forgot about that one lol!!! :tongue: :biggrin:

hello im new to the site, don't have a nsx but thats my unicorn :) i always wonder why honda won't build a super sport car we know they are capable of making big strong engines like they do in their racing series, just stop thinking about the gas problem and go all out

enesexdreamer said:
That thing is a monster:eek: Honda better have a good counter.
They better out do the competition plus be out least 10 years ahead since they never like to refine their cars for a long time. Maybe they'll start realizing that they have to update the cars every 3 years, not 10 or 15 years.

One thing typical about Nissan and almost all manufacturers, they will never spend money into their vehicles. If the production is similar to those pictures which I would assume it will more than likely be, then that is nothing more than a 350z with a wide body and differently shaped windows with a added turbo. Though it states as a 3.2l, it will probably end up being a 3.5 litre as well.. just like the 350z.. the G35.. the Maxima.. the Altima.. the M35.. the FX.. Murano.. the Quest.. I can keep going. Talk about cutting costs..

The day I give props to a car like a NSX or a S2000 is the day Nissan or Toyota will step up and build a sports car based on its own platform and build it exclusively from ground up. Honda has a separate plant that builds the NSX and S2000 for crying out loud. Thats quality.

I could see if I was forced to consider owning an M5 that I would also consider the GT-R, but even though its stats are probably great, Id pass on comparing it to an NSX or the like.

Back