• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet another Mark Johnson/Dali racing story

Moral: If you have not recieved your item from Dali after 40 days. No matter what, open a claim with PayPal as after 45 days you are screwed!

---
My story is just like any of the other hundreds of MJ ripoff stories over the years. But as an NSX owner and a member of this forum I feel compelled to post it. Perhaps the sheer volume of negative comments can dissude people from buying from Dali.

I know people are going to reply about how he shipped it within 3 hours of placing the order and how wonderful he is to them. Just wait tho, it'll happen to you too. It seems like getting ripped off from Dali is just like "death and taxes" - you might be able to avoid them for a while, but you can never escape them.

I opened a PayPal claim today, but being the trusting idiot I was I had waited too long. I am way out of the 45 day window it's now been 4 months and now I am SOL and will probably never see my $211.
Here is the PayPal dispute I filed:

On April 9th I sent payment promptly after ordering the items (Harness Bar camera mount and custom seat cushion) and was told via email by Mark Johnson that the items were in stock and he would ship next day - although he stated he may PP request me for some additional shipping charges he did not. I waited 9 days and after not receiving the items I send the following mail - to which Mark Johnson replied.

"From : Dali Racing <[email protected]>
Sent : Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:48 AM
To : Brian Smith <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: Your Dali Racing order confirmation
Hi Brian -
>Brian Smith wrote:
>Mark - I never got a paypal request did you send out the items?
-Brian no - last weeks track event got in the way - I'm cleaning up dangling stuff at the moment. MJ"

This was the last recorded contact I had with Mark Johnson although I sent him no less than 6 friendly emails attempting to contact him. I refrained from involving PayPal immediately as I know he is probably busy. Since he has not replied to any of my emails and not shipped a product that I paid for over 4 months ago - I am entitled to a full refund. I have full email records (which I know doesn't stand up in court) - but if you check your vendor file on Mark Johnson I'm sure you'll see similar complaints. Please let me know what further actions are required from me.
Thanks, Brian Smith

I guess for me, it comes down to respect. The fact that Mark Johnson would treat any person/customer so blatently disrespectful is amazing to me. It aggrevates me to no end that I see people posting about how he replied to their email order in 10 minutes, yet knowing that he hits the delete button as soon as he sees mine come in.

Fortunately I'm not out 4k on a set of rims or some expensive JDM part. I'll survive, and I'll never do business with Dali again...and I will tell my story to every NSX owner I meet.

Last edited:
I am a new member of this forum...

I also had issues with MJ - Dali Racing. Ordered the Venti-Titanium (not real) Drink holder the first time 12 months ago and he did not deliver the product. I did finally get a response and he refunded the first order & commented that the guy who builds them custom is a surfer and he does the work when he runs out of "travel to the where the waves are" money. Probably watched too much of the movie Point Break.

Made the mistake of re-ordering the same cup holder a year later since I saw that it was in stock (Green light). Ordered it in early Nov.-06 and nothing so far with no email reply. I was going to order the carbon fiber/glass side vents from Dali Racing. I should order it from somewhere else.

BJXNSX

Back