• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yoko Advan A048 track tires

MarkB said:
Manuel,

According to the Yokihama rep, the expanded size range will be available late first or early second quarter of '05.
Thanks MarkB.

By "expanded size range", were they any more specific?

Is it reasonable to assume that this means:
- a lot of the sizes they currently offer the A032 in ;
- still retain the 18" sizes (e.g., 265-35-18) they currently offer the A048 in;

This could be a possible setup for me in 17/18.

Thanks again for bringing back the wheels/tires for me from NSXPO.
I'll settle up soon -- dinner/brake pads/other.

###################

BTW, can you post here (or PM me) with the sizes you run on your 17/17 Pirelli PZero Corsa ?? I think they come pretty close to a "one tire" (streetable track tire) alternative as well, at least for HPDE use. Thanks.

Last edited:
nsx1164 said:
By "expanded size range", were they any more specific?
Based on what he said, I think they will be offering at least as many sizes as the A032.
nsx1164 said:
Thanks again for bringing back the wheels/tires for me from NSXPO.
You're very welcome.
nsx1164 said:
BTW, can you post here (or PM me) with the sizes you run on your 17/17 Pirelli PZero Corsa ??
I am running 255/40ZR17 & 215/45ZR17. The size for the front, although acceptable, rubs the fender liner. I am currently looking for a different tire that comes in 235/40ZR17 and 275/40ZR17 to eliminate liner rub and net me a bit more lateral grip.

They don't make 215/40/17 in Japan, I doubt you'll get that size in the US. If you're running 16/17, then they have the perfect size: 225/45/16 255/40/17.

Henry

Mark I've been happy with the RA-1 in the sizes you are looking for,try-em.But you must allow them to go thru a few heat cycles early to work real nice.My first track day on new ra's was pretty slow,but they last a good long time.Don't keep mucking with those tall fronts.

MarkB said:
Based on what he said, I think they will be offering at least as many sizes as the A032.
According to the Yoko rep who gave the presentation, the A048 will be taking the place of the A032 in the Yokohama line, as their top-selling track tire. Which is why Mark's assumption makes sense.

I'm sure the official announcement will be at SEMA in Nov. We are the distributor for the A048R for Spec Racer in SCCA. The tires are real race tires. A couple things we've learned. First, these tires require a heat cycle then it is best to let them set for about a week. If you try to run these things new for a whole weekend you significantly reduce the life. The tires are faster shaved. They require about 1-2 deg neg camber. They suck if it rains. They are sensative to temperature as well. the build heat pretty quickley too. It will be interesting to see how they hold up on heavier cars with more HP. The only way these will sell in any quantity is if Yoko decides to price them competitively. Why pay $40 more for something that isn't any better than what is available. And for $160 or more per set, they better be a lot better! Last, these tires in come in 4 compounds in Japan. the compound we got stuck with was the medium/hard compound. At the rate of wear I've seen on these, it's a good thing they didnt bring the softer set.

FYI, we are hoping that Toyo will bring the R888 to the states this year. I'm hoping for a announcement on that and the new T1R. (which is availabe everywhere but here.)

otto_joe said:
Hurray!!!! I just looked at the Tirerack website and they've finally started listing the other sizes for the A048.
Not cheap! $179/195 for 205/50-15 and 225/50-16. Compares with $130/$163 for the Toyo RA-1 in those sizes (at Frisby)...

Plus not much choice for us 16 or 17 inch front guys! :wink:

Yes it would,but you know Ken its all about rolling diameter not length :tongue:

Ken you and I figured out how to kill threads!lol just make some wacky pseudosexual inuendos,only problem is its two grown men inuendoing :redface:

Back