• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Youngest NSX driver here?

im almost 18 and am no an NSX owner but i wold just like to say that it is amazing that such young people are able to afford the cars you do. I have a 1996 acura 2.5 TL and it was handed down to me by my parents and i thought that it was amazing that they handed me a car when i was 17 and i have total respect toward them and what they have done for me and i have also put money into modding the car.

morepower to the guys that mad a killing in the stock market and whatever else you did, also any hints to help me get an NSX
biggrin.gif

I bought mine at 27. Before I bought a house and about 4 months before my wife and I got pregnant. Talk about a crazy year! Ended up buying a house (I couldn't stand not having a garage), having a baby (of course), and still enjoying the heck out of the NSX.

Damn, I thought I was a youngin! I got my 92 a year ago, and I am 23 now...I just paid it off + I dumped at least $20K since I got it....I am a Self-employed college student that sacrifices food, partying, and drinking to buy car parts!! Had 2 badass Hondas before this, I had no other option, I had to have the NSX....

Happy Racing to all you NSX owners young & beyond!!

------------------
www.xldm.com

man, lots of young NSX owners out there....i'm definitely the youngest engineer in my department and they are surprised that i have nice sports cars

age 20 - 1996 3000GT
age 25 - 2001 Honda S2000
age 26 - 1998 NSX-T

------------------
1998 Monte Carlo Blue NSX-T
2001 Yellow S2K (retired)
2001 CL Type-S

Originally posted by Flying Low:
29 when I bought the car.

You younger guys suck!
I agree.
wink.gif

Got mine just last November, at 30.9 yars old. Would've gotten mine 6-8 years earlier had I switched my interest to cars instead of collecting firearms and related accessories and involving myself in shooting competitions. I was never a car guy until last summer. Oh well....
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 30 May 2002).]

Originally posted by Juice:
Fell in love with the NSX at age 22 and bought one at age 25. I know nothing about computers so I became a drug dealer. Funny thing is my parents made me take the long route and get a license in pharmacy. Should have seen the look on the face of my neighbor (a state trooper) when I told him I bought my car with drug money!
Man that's some funny Sh*t ya got there!
biggrin.gif
hehehe! !!

------------------
1999 Zanardi Edition NSX #50
2001 Silver/Red S2000

Originally posted by NSXrebel:
I don't have my NSX yet.will as soon as i get back to the states. Military doesn't pay me alot but then again i don't have many expenses, i'm single, no kids, Military feeds me, provides me a nice place to live, free health and medical benefits, and I also plan on staying with the parents for as long as I can, maybe even keep the house once they decide to retire and go back to Mexico. Nothing wrong with living with your parents IMO. You save alot of money that way. I think Italians practice this alot.So i can honestly say most of my pay is gonna go towards owning an NSX , and i'm not gonna regret it one bit.
I think this 'not-supposed-to-live-with-your-parents-if-you-are-a-grown-up' mentality only rings true to modern-day Americana and among other similar non-traditional, liberalized cultures. In places like Asia you are expected to live under the same roof as your parents or risk being disrespected by others as disrespectful/irresponsible son or daughter. Therefore I agree, nothing wrong with living with your parents. It's just a cultural thing, you know..
smile.gif

Originally posted by max_payne:
I bought my NSX at 24...
I own and operate several strip clubs and adult book stores
Are you coming to the meet this Sunday 6/2/02? If so can you bring with you one of your stripper girls and perhaps some good 'reading' materials that you have?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
OK here's an addition to this seemingly popular thread... what do you youngins pay for Insurance? I'm 31, with a 92 NSX, and full coverage.. I'm right at $200/monthly...

I'm 31 also. Paid $600/6 months for my '99 Zanardi. Insured by State Farms, full coverage, multiple car discounts, good driver discounts (knock on wood) etc.etc. Not a bad deal, eh?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 30 May 2002).]

hey guys i would like to know how someone that young can afford to pay for a car like this i always wanted one and still do but i dont have money. So tell me your secret how u get the money?

Well, a wealthy acquaintence of mine bought a new NSX for his son in 1994 as his 1st car at age 16. That's 8 years ago so he is around 24/25 now. Now he wants his dad to help him replace it with a 911 Turbo. I would never spoil my kid like that even if I had the money to burn.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

I don't know how anyone under 25 could afford the insurance on the NSX. I know it would KILL me. You are lucky guys.

Do you guys think that if i get in the architect industy i will be able to make good money. For some reason i want to do this but don't know if good idea cause I might not be able to sell a house since i might not be good at it. That is a good paying job but it would be great to be able to get my nsx sooner.

Originally posted by max_payne:
I bought my NSX at 24...
I own and operate several strip clubs and adult book stores

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690

btw I'm 21 I like the NSX when I was still a kid.I paid for my NSX and its mods.. I'm a violin maker , restorer and dealer in music school.

alot of ppl here are so young to own a NSX..

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690

18 here...parents did buy me mine
tongue.gif

couldnt get it at 16 because I couldnt get a sports car...so Katrina was/and still is the next best thing
wink.gif

currently saving to buy a 91 with my own $
biggrin.gif

------------------
Auraraptor

1999 Honda Prelude "Mina" (Should be the new daily driver)
1998 BMW 750iL "Katrina" Still the daily driver)
1997 NSX "Nina"
1982 BMW 633CSi "Jessica"

[This message has been edited by Auraraptor (edited 09 October 2002).]

I bought the C5 brand new when I was 17. I'm 19 at the moment, and hopefully will have the NSX before I turn 20 in May. Btw, in case some people are wondering, I buy my cars myself; no parental support
smile.gif

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Back