• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #29 JH4NA212XXT000156

interesting...

Thinkin' outloud...

1999 NSX coupe, Alex Zanardi edition, 6spd.

Original Retail Price (MSRP): $84,000 + destination-charge

Original Invoice Price: $73,920 + destination-charge

Asking-price: $74,900 (w/ ~3.8k miles)

Umm, yeah. Maybe you should drive them first.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1232544&highlight=coupe#post1232544

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1105014&postcount=19

I never understood what the big deal is with a zanardi
About the only way why I would purchase it is it potential resale value in the future..but thank god cars are not an investment for me..they are a hobby.
I mean it's not as if the difference like regular vette vs. zr1/z06
The difference is so minuscule that it's not worth being stuck to choosing a car that comes In one color and one model which is not much different To the average person from a regular nsx..even more it's probably not much different on the street than a regular nsx as well.

Thats why I said on the street...I never mentioned on the track. For those of us who drive on the street what appreciable difference is there? Hell at least i can enjoy a sunny day with the top off.
Yes as an investment it will bring a penny or two..yes as a track car it will beat my car...outside of that two things what else makes it superior to the rest of our cars? Does it have a turbo or a super charger..does it come with a body that far different then ours. All they did was shave a lil weight and provide a lil better handling and short change you on a targa and charge you more cause they only limited it to 50. Anyways each his own...to me it doesn't work but if it works for you and you have the money for it then more power to you...it's your money and whose to say how you spend it.

Z

Do you even think before you type? READ Steve's (whiteNSXs posts). He never mentions the track. And neither does Mike (The Kid) in his post Steve quoted.

There are scarce few NSX owners who have driven and owned NA1s, NA2s, coupes (Zanardi and non), and Ts in their various combos to have a frame of reference for comparison. Two different actual owners are stating their NA2 coupes (in Mike's case a Zanardi) are quicker.

Thats why I said on the street...I never mentioned on the track. For those of us who drive on the street what appreciable difference is there? Hell at least i can enjoy a sunny day with the top off.
Yes as an investment it will bring a penny or two..yes as a track car it will beat my car...outside of that two things what else makes it superior to the rest of our cars? Does it have a turbo or a super charger..does it come with a body that far different then ours. All they did was shave a lil weight and provide a lil better handling and short change you on a targa and charge you more cause they only limited it to 50. Anyways each his own...to me it doesn't work but if it works for you and you have the money for it then more power to you...it's your money and whose to say how you spend it.

Z

Last edited:
Ouch fighting words there buddy
No reason to get personal or offended...I am glad you like your Z. :biggrin:
Like I said in my add which you apparently didn't read I don't race my car nor do I track it so I don't care if it's faster or handles better or feels better.
I simply stated my thoughts and that's that.

Do you even think before you type? READ Steve's (whiteNSXs posts). He never mentions the track. And neither does Mike (The Kid) in his post Steve quoted.

There are scarce few NSX owners who have driven and owned NA1s, NA2s, coupes (Zanardi and non), and Ts in their various combos to have a frame of reference for comparison. Two different actual owners are stating their NA2 coupes (in Mike's case a Zanardi) are quicker.

I did read your posts and that is why I dug up those other posts since 2 different multiple NSX owners who have NA2 coupes don't agree with your "miniscule" rating of the relative differences. That's all. I am not able to offer my own opinion because I have no frame of reference having never owned or driven a non-Zanardi NSX for comparison. I did ride in Len's land missile though and that thing was a friggin' rocket.

Track or street really shouldn't matter since I don't think anyone goes sports car shopping looking for the softer, heavier, less stiff chassis car given the chance to upgrade.

Clean Zanardis so rarely come up for sale that if someone really wants one or just an NA2 coupe they should try to cut a deal on this one.

Ok here goes my last post on this topic and again for the fourth time state what "my thoughts" are...it's my reflection and my assertion. I don't care what Steve (whitensx) or anyone else says...and frankly i don't care what they say...we all ultimately choose/decide/decipher based on the best and final judge ---> ourselves!

Again it's my 2 cents :biggrin:
Cheers and good nite nsx family

I did read your posts and that is why I dug up those other posts since 2 different multiple NSX owners who have NA2 coupes don't agree with your "miniscule" rating of the relative differences. That's all. I am not able to offer my own opinion because I have no frame of reference having never owned or driven a non-Zanardi NSX for comparison. I did ride in Len's land missile though and that thing was a friggin' rocket.

Track or street really shouldn't matter since I don't think anyone goes sports car shopping looking for the softer, heavier, less stiff chassis car given the chance to upgrade.

Clean Zanardis so rarely come up for sale that if someone really wants one or just an NA2 coupe they should try to cut a deal on this one.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why this is a good deal or anyone would pay that much. The person that originally bought that car sat on it and didn't even drive it. Then sold it for a loss. Now someone should buy this rare car so it can sit in a garage and not be enjoyed? As you can see from my signature I dont understand buying a car and not driving it. A car this rare got traded in for less than what it's being sold for and is selling for less than what it was new with less then 4k on it. Wonder if it was a great investment for the guy that just sold it. The car wasn't driven and no profit was made:confused:

When did I ever mention about the next owner should let it sit in a garage and not enjoy it?

I said it's a good deal because it IS a good "deal" as it is practically a new car, especially to one lusting over a Zanardi. Investment, profit and loss were never matters of discussion here.

Just you so know we are on the same page in which I do agree we should drive our cars as much as we want to. The previous Owner may very well have 50+ cars and didn't get a chance to drive it more often.

I would love to have a Zanardi as my 2nd NSX, I wouldn't modify it at all. I would drive it though :wink:

When did I ever mention about the next owner should let it sit in a garage and not enjoy it?

I said it's a good deal because it IS a good "deal" as it is practically a new car, especially to one lusting over a Zanardi. Investment, profit and loss were never matters of discussion here.

Just you so know we are on the same page in which I do agree we should drive our cars as much as we want to. The previous Owner may very well have 50+ cars and didn't get a chance to drive it more often.
You do make a great point about maybe the previous owner had many cars. Correct me if I'm wrong but 9 out of 10 guys who buy this car are going to buy it to collect it. Don't see paying a premium for a super low mileage car like this and it not being a garage queen. I'm sure it's way nicer then your average Nsx. I bought my SC Nsx with 30k in mods for a lot less . It has brembos, nsxr seats, sc, and full suspension. Sure my car is not 1 of 49 but it has to perform/drive way better and cost a lot less than a Z car. To each their own

Many people did not and still don't understand, "get it", when it comes to the NSX. They can't resolve the cost/performance/value and would not buy one for any of, or all of, these reasons. It is impractical to them.

It should be no surprise that many NSX owners feel the same way about the Zanardi edition NSX.

Re: interesting...

Thinkin' outloud...

1999 NSX coupe, Alex Zanardi edition, 6spd.

Original Retail Price (MSRP): $84,000 + destination-charge

Original Invoice Price: $73,920 + destination-charge

Asking-price: $74,900 (w/ ~3.8k miles)

Maybe in 20 yrs. $74,900= 100k +

The remaining Zanardi with this low mileage will be very limited.

I love to buy this one!

I understand the rarity, but don't understand why the Zanardis are so sought after otherwise. The changes made on this car compared to a standard NSX are so few. Is 150lbs of weight that could easily be shed in the aftermarket the reason? The 0.4" of lowering, wheels, or small interior changes? I couldn't believe that that was all that was different after reading how people are so excited about this edition.
It's an NA2 coupe, simple as that. You say the changes are few, but in fact the fixed roof is a huge change that is highly desired by a subset of NSX owners.

Re: interesting...

Maybe in 20 yrs. $74,900= 100k +

The remaining Zanardi with this low mileage will be very limited.

I love to buy this one!

This. Let's see---the Holy Grail of NSXs, stupid low mileage, mint condition...yeah, I'd pay crazy money for that car. It's like primo real estate, they ain't making any more of them.

As an aside, I can't help but laugh & think of Harry Caray when I see the name Isringhausen because I remember him pronouncing it as "Jason Iceringhosen" on one of the Cubs broadcasts. I'm sure ol' Harry was probably well into his 2nd bottle by then..

Wow, I am surprised how many NSX owners do not feel that the Zanardi is the Holy Grail of NSXs here in the USA. We can't get Type R's or S's here so this is the one to own if you have the financial ability. You won't lose on this car if you hold onto it and don't mod it or rack up too many miles.

I would definately put a clear bra on it to reduce the stone chips and also put some different seats and floor mats in it so I didn't wear out the originals. IMHO that is all I would do with this car besides drive and enjoy it on special occasions.

You won't lose on this car if you hold onto it and don't mod it or rack up too many miles.

This is the part I never understand. And, yes, I know and appreciate the relative "rarity" of a Zanardi (it may be 1 of 49 but as for as NSXs go it is one of 18,000 for all practical purposes) but I don't comprehend how you can enjoy a car if all you do is look at it in a garage and drive it less than 50 miles per month. To say "you won't lose on this car" if you hold onto and don't drive it begs the question: "what do gain with this car" if you don't enjoy it by driving it. Weight reduction, coupe, stiffer suspension, a little more hp, etc. are all irrelevant in my mind if it is just sitting in a garage somewhere where the only "action" it gets is to be dusted off. I realize there are "collectors" who just like having something like this but to me if you don't drive it then you could just as easliy hang a poster of it in your garage for a lot less money and use the funds you saved by buying one you can really enjoy by driving it.

To say "you won't lose on this car" if you hold onto and don't drive it begs the question: "what do gain with this car"

I'm going to stray off topic for a second and take the very rare opportunity to correct Bob on something. (Which I will probably regret very soon)

"begs the question" actually refers to a logical fallacy in which one submits a conclusion which is not supported by the premises.
It doesn't actually ask a question.

As a lawyer I think you know all about that... :eek:

Ah, I see we have a cunning linguist amongst us (and to all you vocabulary challenged readers with dirty minds, I am not referring to any propensity of him to dabble in oral sex).

Yes, you caught me trying to slip this into the vernacular rather than stick with the proper usage of it. I will consider myself reprimanded and give myself detention after school at which time I will write the following 100 times on the blackboard:

"While descriptivists and other such laissez-faire linguists are content to allow the misconception to fall into the vernacular, it cannot be denied that logic and philosophy stand to lose an important conceptual label should the meaning of BTQ become diluted to the point that we must constantly distinguish between the traditional usage and the erroneous "modern" usage."

noise-fingers-in-ears-001.jpg

Run for cover!

This is the part I never understand. And, yes, I know and appreciate the relative "rarity" of a Zanardi (it may be 1 of 49 but as for as NSXs go it is one of 18,000 for all practical purposes) but I don't comprehend how you can enjoy a car if all you do is look at it in a garage and drive it less than 50 miles per month. To say "you won't lose on this car" if you hold onto and don't drive it begs the question: "what do gain with this car" if you don't enjoy it by driving it. Weight reduction, coupe, stiffer suspension, a little more hp, etc. are all irrelevant in my mind if it is just sitting in a garage somewhere where the only "action" it gets is to be dusted off. I realize there are "collectors" who just like having something like this but to me if you don't drive it then you could just as easliy hang a poster of it in your garage for a lot less money and use the funds you saved by buying one you can really enjoy by driving it.

I understand what you are saying but I did not say 50 miles per month or anything to that affect. I merely said "don't rack up too many miles". I owned my NSX for 4 years and may have only put on 10K miles before selling it but I certainly enjoyed the hell out of it. I met some really nice folks on some super fun spirited drives and even managed to get in a parade lap at laguna seca... so for me it's not quantity of miles...it is the QUALITY of the whole experience!

I understand what you are saying but I did not say 50 miles per month or anything to that affect. I merely said "don't rack up too many miles".

I used the 50 miles per month calculation based on the original owner's lack of driving resulting in less than 4k miles in 12 years and assuming the owner didn't drive it during winter months.

And if you enjoyed driving your car for 10k miles in 4 years, imagine if you REALLY enjoyed it by driving it a lot more. :tongue: I know I am in somewhat of a minority since I do use mine as a daily driver in the summer in addition to 100 days/10,000+ miles of track time since I bought it in 1999 (it had 23k when I bought it and is up to 135k now - thank you LarryB!). But I also put a lot of mileage on my other cars (my E55 AMG has 230k and my E350 4matic got 40k in the last year alone) and enjoy driving in general.

I also realize that owning an NSX is a luxury for a lot of people so they may be hesitant in racking up the mileage since they intend to resell down the road and I can appreciate that. But overall, I think the best part of owning a car like an NSX is driving it, then driving it some more, and then driving it still more...........

Back