• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi Alert

What bodywork was done on this car? I live in Grand Rapids, Mi and will probably go check it out. I'll see if these guys know of the body work in question.

hey all, i looked at the car today. The dealer has no clue that anything was done to the car bodywise. I spoke with two gentlemen there, one really knew nothing, another didn't like what i had to say (nimbus emailed me). the second more or less denied anything had been done and claimed that the car came out of ohio (not greenwich acrua as Nimbus told me).

The second dealer also stated that there was a second run of zanardi cars, all silver, maybe 28 of them he said. Now am i crazy here? I thought there were only 50 of them in 1999, have i missed something here about the "hidden" zanardi's the last year i've been on this board???

Originally posted by dnyhof:
The second dealer also stated that there was a second run of zanardi cars, all silver, maybe 28 of them he said. Now am i crazy here? I thought there were only 50 of them in 1999, have i missed something here about the "hidden" zanardi's the last year i've been on this board???

HAHAHA!!! Car salesmen KILL me! They just make stuff up for no reason. Is it something about being a car salesman that makes people that way, or does the profession just draw people who are already like that?

P.S. There are signs of body work in at least one of the pictures on their eBay auction. I didn't really look at the rest since they appear to be mostly poor quality.

There was NO second run of Zanardi cars.

However, one of the car magazines got some nice test results from a silver 3.2-liter NSX coupe (not NSX-T) around the same time, and a coupe would be more similar in performance to a Zanardi than an NSX-T would.

Lud, can you please confirm for me, 1999 was the only year of Zanardi and all 50 were red correct? I'm emailing these guys to set the record straight, they should be forthright with whoever is looking at the car, and right now their facts don't appear to be straight.

Since there has been alot of private emails inquiring about #42.

Here is what I know:

Zanardi #42 was originally sold from Greenwich Acura in CT. The first owner spun the car and hit the guardrail damaging the side door and rear quarter panels. His insurance company fixed the car and shortly afterwards he sold it. The car was sold at around 4000 miles if I remembered correctly. After that I don't know its history.

Lud, can you please confirm for me, 1999 was the only year of Zanardi and all 50 were red correct? I'm emailing these guys to set the record straight, they should be forthright with whoever is looking at the car, and right now their facts don't appear to be straight.

nsxtasy has already confirmed this, but since you specifically asked me, I will "double confirm" that there are a total of 50 Zanardi Signature Edition cars, all 1999 coupes in New Formula Red with black interior. No other Zanardi edition NSXs have been produced.

Originally posted by Nimbus:
The first owner spun the car and hit the guardrail damaging the side door and rear quarter panels.

Which would probably explain this:

zanardi42.jpg

But of course no car dealer would ever notice that. No siree!

Originally posted by Lud:
Which would probably explain this:

But of course no car dealer would ever notice that. No siree!

Not unless you were trying to trade it in, of course!

In defense of the dealer of this car, I was the one who alerted them to it possibly being in an accident. They had no clue that anything had been done to the car until I walked into the showroom and told them.

Lud, isn't that just where the sideskirt meets the sill, the gap has a factory black rubber gasket that fills that space. I'm not sure that it's a poor alignment, or is it? I notice that my NSX has that on both sides & I know my NSX has not been in collision.

On the topic of Zanardi NSXes, there is one for sale in the back of Makes & Models magazine (kinda a cross b/w Maxim/Road&Track/Dupont Registry). It has full Comptech mods(SC, gears,suspension, I/E/H)and asking $69,000.

Yes, there is a seam where the panels meet there, but it's not supposed to look like the one in that picture.

In defense of the dealer of this car, I was the one who alerted them to it possibly being in an accident. They had no clue that anything had been done to the car until I walked into the showroom and told them.

Thats no defense!!
Any self respecting car dealer (okay, maybe I'm the only one?) would spend the time to inspect the car and find that out for himself.

I hate that the "Carsalesman" thing is generalized. There are those of us who go to great extents to make sure we are selling "The Right Car"

Surely you realize that they don't want to know now that they own it, so don't expect them to be grateful in any way. Not to mention you have only their word that they didn't already know, and we know what that' usually worth.

Furthermore, if you check there sales record at eBay (customer satisfaction), they have had a previous "small" problem which was "corrected". Alex sold a guy a motorcycle helmet - it turned out to be used. Alex graciously took it back and paid for the shipping both ways.

Can you imagine ZOOM MOTOR CARS selling a used motorcycle helmet? As they say: "It's All in the Name!"

------------------
Future NSX Driver

Just for the record, I don't want it to be assumed that I am backing them up on what they claimed to know of the car. You guys are pretty good at smelling a rat all on your own. I'm finding out more and more details every day about this dealer that concerns me.
smile.gif
I'm in the NSX Owners (future owners) corner as far as I am concerned. That's why I went to see the car to give a first hand impression, eventhough I'm no eagle eye.

Back