• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi springs on bilstein lower perch with 17/18 RPF1

I was looking into this setup for awhile and had a hard time finding anyone running them, much less pictures. This is the only picture I have right now, thought I should post it for anyone considering this setup that is wondering what the ride height looks like... Bilsteins shortened and revalved with Zanardi springs. 17x8/18x10 RPF1 that I can't remember the offsets at the moment. I think it was 45 front 38 rear.

Attachments

• nsxzanardibilstein.jpg
    nsxzanardibilstein.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 959
Very sweet ride!!

i have this exact setup - bilsteins on lower perch and zarardi springs. I love it.

I think you were the only one I could find on here with a couple of pictures, it was in a random thread that I can't recall. It is a fantastic setup. Way more suspension than most anyone needs, and lightyears better quality than cheap coilovers everyone seems to prefer. Much much stiffer, but not unbearable at all, and a fraction of the price of comparable good setups.

i have this exact setup - bilsteins on lower perch and zarardi springs. I love it.

Did you also go with the the larger Zanardi rear swaybar? Is there noticeable understeer? How is the ride compared to stock?

I think you were the only one I could find on here with a couple of pictures, it was in a random thread that I can't recall. It is a fantastic setup. Way more suspension than most anyone needs, and lightyears better quality than cheap coilovers everyone seems to prefer. Much much stiffer, but not unbearable at all, and a fraction of the price of comparable good setups.

I agree with all your comments. Mitch at Mechanic's Direct recommended this setup, and he was so right.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you also go with the the larger Zanardi rear swaybar? Is there noticeable understeer? How is the ride compared to stock?

I did not change my sway bars. My NSX has always had some understeer, but I have found tires to fix that pretty well. The right is firm, but not jarring at all. I drive it many times a week, and really like the ride quality.

i ran the Zanardi springs with koni yellows for many years.I told Mitch about this at xpo 04 in corning .....I think this mod is very cost effective.

Nice i like. where can i find zanardi springs?!?!

What do you use now?

Na2 R .........no need to fiddle.....i have comptech sways on full stiff front and rear.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice i like. where can i find zanardi springs?!?!

any dealer...esp the ones giving nsxca discounts. Ask for the 99 S or zanardi springs.

any dealer...esp the ones giving nsxca discounts. Ask for the 99 S or zanardi springs.

Thanks! How did you like the koni's and Z springs? Were they off the shelf or re-valved.

I've been using this combination for years!
Since my conversion to NA2 body in combination with Toyo R888 235/40/17 tires, I've been obliged to raise the front to the upper level.
The rear has always been set at the highest level with 265/35/18 tires.
I use the Dali 22 mm swaybars.
The car rolls a little but is very predictable in the wet:smile:
H0501_e136_zps457b3b4e.jpg

and in my current configuration:
NSXetKatana003_zpsd20f4fb4.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bilsteins shortened and revalved with Zanardi springs.
Do you have a plot of the revalved Bilsteins? I always ask for it.

I have Zanardi springs and shortened (1'' front, 1.2'' rear) and revalved Bilsteins on the lower perch. I also shortened the shock bumps by 0.5 inch. I also have stiffer swaybars, Type-R front, Type-S rear. I won't go lower as it just messes up the alignment.

The stock valving of the Bilstein is ok for the rear but the front feels a little bit airbone. I only had my front ones revalved with the +20% damping forces. The key is to let the damping act a little bit earlier (at lower shock speeds).

Attachments

• IMG_1672(2).jpg
    IMG_1672(2).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 786
No, I didn't get any graphs. They did basically a best guess of what I needed since I didn't have measurements they wanted. I didn't realize how much they really wanted to know. I'm still more than satisfied with the results.

Bump. Anyone else running Zanardi springs on lower-perched Bilsteins? How is the ride quality compared to OEM springs and Bilsteins? Any noticeable performance increase? Is revalving necessary? Pics would be great too. Thanks!

Reviving an old thread.

This week I will be installing Zanardi springs. I already have Bilsteins on lower perch. I'm taking my car to the track in May. I'll report back with handling results and pics.

Reviving an old thread.

This week I will be installing Zanardi springs. I already have Bilsteins on lower perch. I'm taking my car to the track in May. I'll report back with handling results and pics.
Can one still buy those springs new? Do you happen to have part numbers handy?

Can one still buy those springs new? Do you happen to have part numbers handy?

I don't have the part number, but it was real easy to get the springs. I ordered them through South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa CA. However. the parts rep stated that if I wanted the Zanardi springs and struts, it would take a while to get them in that he would have to order them through a historical Honda parts warehouse. I don't have the receipt handy, but the cost was just under $400. I'll post the actual cost later. I'll see if the receipt also states the part number.

I don't have the part number, but it was real easy to get the springs. I ordered them through South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa CA. However. the parts rep stated that if I wanted the Zanardi springs and struts, it would take a while to get them in that he would have to order them through a historical Honda parts warehouse. I don't have the receipt handy, but the cost was just under $400. I'll post the actual cost later. I'll see if the receipt also states the part number.
I tried to buy the Zanardi suspension a couple of months ago through Tim @ OEMAcuraparts and it is no longer available. Pretty much looking at KW V3 or Bilstein/OEM springs now.....SOS doesn't even list the Type S or R suspension anymore. Checked with Tim and he reconfirmed the Zanardi suspension is NLA.

Last edited:
So how much shorter are the zanardi springs anyway ... What's the drop difference between those and stock springs???

I currently run the bilsteins with stock springs on lower perch, but wish it was just a tad lower.....

Last edited:
So how much shorter are the zanardi springs anyway ... What's the drop difference between those and stock springs???

I currently run the bilsteins with stock springs on lower perch, but wish it was just a tad lower.....

The drop with Zanardis is reportedly 1/2 inch.

OK, The Zanadri springs have been installed. Due the Zanardi springs being shorter in height, I had the Biltiens installed on the higher perch. The front springs have settled OK (see attached photo). The rear springs need to settle more in that car is sitting too high at the moment (see attached pic). If the rear springs do not settle any more than they have already, then I'm going to have the rear Bilstiens set at the lower perch.

View attachment 122776

View attachment 122777

View attachment 122778

Last edited:
OK, The Zanadri springs have been installed. Due the Zanardi springs being shorter in height, I had the Biltiens installed on the higher perch. The front springs have settled OK (see attached photo). The rear springs need to settle more in that car is sitting too high at the moment (see attached pic). If the rear springs do not settle any more than they have already, then I'm going to have the rear Bilstiens set at the lower perch.

View attachment 122776

View attachment 122777

View attachment 122778

Nice, though it looks like you could easily drop to lower perch without issues....

Would love to see when done:biggrin:

Back