• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

zymol wax on black nsx

hi, i got a new jetblack paint job on my nsx 5 months ago, it's kinda cheap paint, but it shine deep and nice. i need to wax it really nice and sell it. so please help me out here.

okay, i want to buy the zymol wax, but there are so many line that coufused me. i don't know if my paint is euro, japan or american paint. so which line is best in my situation? also i don't want to speed too much on there up product, lowest price possible but still works wonder...

i use mother california soup and regular micro when waxing, is it ok? i don't want to buy another whole car kits from them. can i just use what i have?

sorry but one more question, my car is very smooth, so i don't need to clay it, but it does have many fine swirl. so what is my step in my case, wash, polish with the 3m swirl remove product(will it work with zymol? some product just don't combine), polish and wax with zymol?

Why dont you just take it to a detailer and let him do his magic. If you dont want to do that then I would just use what you have and yes do the 3M swirl mark remover.... but you maybe doing more damage then good if you dont know what you are doing IMO.

topgearnsx said:
hi, i got a new jetblack paint job on my nsx 5 months ago, it's kinda cheap paint, but it shine deep and nice. i need to wax it really nice and sell it. so please help me out here.

okay, i want to buy the zymol wax, but there are so many line that coufused me. i don't know if my paint is euro, japan or american paint. so which line is best in my situation? also i don't want to speed too much on there up product, lowest price possible but still works wonder...

i use mother california soup and regular micro when waxing, is it ok? i don't want to buy another whole car kits from them. can i just use what i have?

sorry but one more question, my car is very smooth, so i don't need to clay it, but it does have many fine swirl. so what is my step in my case, wash, polish with the 3m swirl remove product(will it work with zymol? some product just don't combine), polish and wax with zymol?
Personally, I wouldn't use "california soup" on any car!!!!

I hate that zymol cleaner wax (from the autoparts store or walmart) because it collects ALOT of dust. It would cake onto my black NSX thick just after a couple days. Horribly nasty.

My new favorite and economical line of product is through a company called "Automagic". The pricing is great and when you do the COMPLETE process from wash, clay(if needed), compound (if needed), polish, glaze, sealant and wax, it is actually quite amazing. If should be available through the distributor for alot of major new car lots. I love this stuff.

topgearnsx said:
okay, i want to buy the zymol wax, but there are so many line that coufused me.
Most of your questions about Zymol waxes are already answered in this previous topic.

topgearnsx said:
i don't know if my paint is euro, japan or american paint. so which line is best in my situation?
Hint: The NSX was made in Japan.

I've gotten excellent results using the Zymol Japon wax as well as the more-expensive Zymol NSX wax and some of their other more-expensive premium waxes with higher carnauba content than the Japon wax. (Carnauba content of the Japon wax is 37 percent, whereas that of their more expensive waxes is 47-52 percent.)

topgearnsx said:
i use mother california soup and regular micro when waxing, is it ok?
That depends on what you mean by "okay". If you're happy with the results you get, then isn't that "okay"?

topgearnsx said:
i don't want to buy another whole car kits from them. can i just use what i have?
Yes and no. No matter what brand of products you use, the secret to successful car detailing, for maximum gloss and depth, is in properly preparing the finish prior to waxing. Proper preparation includes not only washing, but also the use of a cleaner/polisher and/or clay product to remove oxidation and other surface impurities that remain after washing. See more below.

topgearnsx said:
my car is very smooth, so i don't need to clay it, but it does have many fine swirl. so what is my step in my case, wash, polish with the 3m swirl remove product(will it work with zymol? some product just don't combine), polish and wax with zymol?
In your case, I would polish with a swirl remover product, such as 3M or Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover. With swirl marks, you need a product that is slightly abrasive, to smooth down the surface of the finish. After applying and buffing off the swirl remover, you can then apply Zymol wax, and you're done.

On a routine basis, I avoid the swirl remover products and prefer Zymol HD-Cleanse, because it is more mild and does not contain physical abrasives. But when there is a problem that the HD-Cleanse isn't strong enough to handle, I use swirl remover (I use the Meguiar's, which is similar to the 3M) instead.

KooLaid said:
I hate that zymol cleaner wax
So do I. That's from their old Turtle Wax-based line. Stick with the real Zymol products, the ones with separate steps for washing, prepping, and waxing.

Back