• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Annual Kids' Day at the Glen 7/18/07

Roger and I thought that we had already posted the info about Kids' Day but neither one of us could find the thread so here it goes again.

Several years back, our Senior Member started to round up the troops for this worthy cause and it has become an annual tradition. Camp Good Days and Special Times is a camp for children stricken with various stages of cancer and we take them out on the track for "parade speed" :)wink: :wink:) laps.

Those who have made the trip in the past have found it to be very rewarding and worth the drive. We would recommend that you come up the night before, Tuesday 7/17, and stay at one of the local motels to be well rested for the following day. We try to get a group dinner that night and I believe we had 30 for dinner at a local winery last year.

This is not limited to track rats and for those of you who have wanted to experience hot laps, we have a number of members who are Open Trackers and can provide the opportunity to show you what the cars can really do.

Please post if you are interested and feel free to ask questions or seek recommendations for motels.

15th Annual Camp Good Days & Special Times
Mike Francesco's "Kids Day"

Wednesday, July 18th

Sponsored by trackmasters, inc & Watkins Glen International

Proceeds from this Event help support the on-going efforts of the Camp Good Days and staff

Join the children and families of Camp Good Days & Special Times

Give rides to the kids, and then share in lunch and smiles.

TOURING LAPS with the kids .......$60.00
Drive the children around WGI's famous long course, then join us for Lunch.
(Must be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid state driver's license)

GUEST LUNCHES AND RIDES.......$15.00/Adult ( 18 & over )
(children under 18 are free)

Contact trackmasters at (607) 734-4471 for reservations.

Since Bob beat me to the post by 4 minutes, I'm definitely in for this event, and I'm going on Bob's thread!!!:biggrin: :rolleyes: :cool:

Time to Bump this thread to the top!!!
C'mon guys and girls, this is clearly one of the best things that you can do for your car, yourself and for the Kids of Camp Good Days. I am looking forward to my 4th Kid's Day, it's the week after the ALMS event, we have a great time and last year's participation was a little disappointing. This is truly a wonderful thing to do for the kids, and yet I feel that I got the "gift" from my participation and drive home the entire way with a big smile on my face and a good feeling inside. Step up, believe me this is one of those type events when the giving is reciprocated by receiving the satisfaction of putting smiles on children's faces!!!

For those planning on coming up, we would like to have a group dinner again at a local winery the night before and will have more details as we get closer but please let us know if you are planning to come so we can get a handle on the group size.

Also, as an extra incentive for those of you who have never felt what your NSXs can go on the track we have several Open Trackers in attendance and we would be able to offer hot lap rides to all those brave enough to be a co-pilot.

looking forward to the glen.:smile:
nice midsummer break
and the backroads c/ speedjunkie
are the bomb.

Attendance so far:
RSO
Don x2
David & Susan
Doc Bling
Peter Mills
Larry B
RPM217
Cimberao (Aka Alan)
GSommer
Who else is coming???

Last edited:
I'm sadened I can't join you all this year.:mad: Just could not get those days off.Have a safe fun event.

I would like to go but it requires me to play hookie from work. would it possible to tell what the schedule of events are ?

Because of the long trip up there, most people come up the night before, join us for dinner and then stay in one of the local motels. The Kids Day activities generally begin around 10ish, depending upon when the buses arrive. You usually get approximately 30 minutes of parade speed laps before the buses come and then around an additional hour of laps with the kids. The practice has been to take your passenger around for 2 or 3 laps and then pit in to take another passenger. We usually have more cars than kids so we also take camp nurses, counselors, etc. to fill the seat if all the kids are out during a particular pit in.

Lunch has always been in the Glen Club with the Kids at around noon but since the Club burned down over the winter I am not sure of the status of the luncheon. After lunch those of us who are open trackers/instructors can give hot lap rides to the brave and foolish. The track rats will be staying over that night because we have more track time the following day and most people who are there just for the kids gather up late afternoon for a caravan back home.

So far we're at 9 cars, the first couple of years that I went we had anywhere from 12-18 cars, this is probably the best thing that you can do with your car!!!!

Updated list of attendees:

RSO
Don x2
David & Susan
Doc Bling
Peter Mills
Larry B
RPM217
Cimberao (Aka Alan)
GSommer
Larry G
Ron Witt

Let's try to get some more. Here is the reason why we do this:

167749912-L.jpg

82997279-L.jpg

82997262-L.jpg

82997366-L.jpg

And if you think that the kids are the only ones smiling after the track experience........

82940134-L-1.jpg

One more car needed to make it a "Dirty Dozen", c'mon NE Region, we're better than this!!!!!

Our Senior Member has advised me to add a few probables:

RSO
Don x2
David & Susan
Doc Bling
Peter Mills
Larry B
RPM217
GSommer
Larry G
Ron Witt
Pbassjo
Bob Maurer
Jadkar
Uncle Clem
Madbox

Last edited:

RSO
Don x2
David & Susan
Doc Bling
Peter Mills
Larry B
RPM217
Cimberao (Aka Alan)
GSommer
Larry G
Ron Witt
Pbassjo
Bob Maurer
Mark B (honorary Northeasterner, Kansas chapter)
Getting a little bit more respectable, and yes Mark B (bring extra tires!!) is absolutely a honorary NE member, he's been to more events than some that live local!!!!:eek:

look at those goobered-up fogs....
072DSC_6145.jpg
:cool:

look at those goobered-up fogs....
072DSC_6145.jpg
:cool:
FOG= F'ed up Old Goat, are you referring to the driver of the black NSX? He's a great guy, decent pilot but has a go-slower wing on the back of his car!!!

I'm starting my CRX tonight and Dyno/tuning it Friday July 13th :eek: So if everything goes well I'll be there!! I already called and made the reservation.

I'm starting my CRX tonight and Dyno/tuning it Friday July 13th :eek: So if everything goes well I'll be there!! I already called and made the reservation.
Looking forward to seeing you there, don't forget the pictures of the "pit crew"!!!!

RSO
Don x2
David & Susan
Doc Bling
Peter Mills
Larry B
RPM217
GSommer
Larry G
Ron Witt
Pbassjo
Bob Maurer
Jadkar
Uncle Clem

Just a gentle bump to get an updated list so I can make dinner reservations. Our usual winery is closed on tuesdays so I am trying for the Glenora Winery for dinner at 7:30 on Tuesday.

Just a gentle bump to get an updated list so I can make dinner reservations. Our usual winery is closed on tuesdays so I am trying for the Glenora Winery for dinner at 7:30 on Tuesday.
I think that Rich Nguyen and Norman Lau are also planning on attending, but I defer to them for their confirmations. I will post up the caravan thread shortly-

Updated list:

RSO
Don x2
David & Susan
Doc Bling
Peter Mills
Larry B
RPM217
GSommer
Larry G
Ron Witt
Pbassjo