• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JDM gunmetal oem wheel color/paint code

reviving an old thread… so I’m looking to have my cheaply powder coated wheels refinished to OEM “Solaris Silver" NH-536M (I have a 95). The shop says they can do it in gloss or satin finish. Does anyone know which option is closer to factory?

Attaching pic of current wheel

Attachments

• IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 9
Semi off-topic. Has anyone noticed the stellar gunmetal finish of Mazda wheels over the past 5-7 years? Or even most Toyotas. I'm lucky enough to have found a set of 1st-gen Type-R wheels in 2013 that are installed on my '93 GPW, but as I've (somehow) accumulated as many sets of phat phive wheel sets as there are cylinders in an NSX engine, I've always wanted to have the worst of the 4 reconditioned locally and resprayed to a gloss version of a gunmetal possibly copped directly from a Mazda when paint code, and then installed on the car, giving the Type-R's a rest for a while.

The best part of walking thru any parking lot of vanilla lookalike ToyotaSubaruMazdaHondaFords is looking at the pretty gunmetal wheel colors of Mazdas and Toyotas. And seeing the absolutely stellar paint colors on some recent Mazdas.

Sorry for the off-topic.

I bought the Honda NH536M Solaris Silver Metallic Touch Up Spray Paint but it was darker than the original wheels on my 1994 NSX. Is there a lighter paint code that might match?

I bought the Honda NH536M Solaris Silver Metallic Touch Up Spray Paint but it was darker than the original wheels on my 1994 NSX. Is there a lighter paint code that might match?
Welcome to NSX Prime!

NH-536M is the closest OEM color to the wheels, but it is not the exact paint used from the factory. We recommend NH-536M for complete re-finishes because it is a close match, but as you discovered it won't match in a touch-up job. The only way to do it fully OEM-correct is to go to a body shop with a paint match scanner tool, have them scan the OEM finish and custom mix a paint that matches perfectly. Some wheel refinishing companies also have this technology. I recall that Joe L. from Vince's Auto once mentioned that he custom mixed the paint and got a perfect match. It was NH-536M with a couple tweaks to the shading.

Back