• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Market?

ajnsx said:
good , hopefully the prices come down! :D
Why would any NSX owner want this to happen :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ???

I know a few NSX owners that bought their cars solely for prestige. Talking to them they feel that prestige is positively correlated to the price of the car. Hence when it depreciated to a point where most people can buy it used, they sold it to buy another sports car. This time in the 6 figure range.

ajnsx said:
good , hopefully the prices come down! :D

he is saying that hoping to be a NSX owner in the future. He owns a modded CRX at this time(according to his link)

yellowpad said:
What the heck is going on? I am seeing alot of NSX being on sales...
It's seasonal. Outside the Sunbelt, if a car isn't sold by November, it's not likely to be sold until Spring. So those considering selling within the next six months are likely to do it now.

In the meantime, the prices on the older NSXs are holding up just fine.

he is saying that hoping to be a NSX owner in the future. He owns a modded CRX at this time(according to his link)

Your half right NSXluvr, i did own the crx, i sold it when i came to Japan and i am purchasing (not hoping) my NSX next year after i've amassed all the parts i want (listed in my profile what ive got so far)

The cheaper the car the better, im not concerned with prestige factor as ryry has mentioned, i get the feeling on here that some are feeling that their exclusive ownership bubble is about to burst, hence the horror at modders like me who dont care about the original purpose for the nsx. Seeing a more expensive(new) nsx on the horizon the same people may be seeking to regain their exclusive 'club' feeling.

Ive noticed it too Yellowpad...and another thing Ive noticed is the 91s staying at a stable price (30K+) but the later models coming down in price....I have a couple theories about it but thats another cup of tea...

anyone else see anything interesting?

finite quantity. . .

yellowpad said:
thanks for the affirmation....now i am feeling much better :D i love my car...i just dont' want to see it flood the street.

From someone who is in the market for a NSX...

There is a fixed volume of NSX's in the ownership pool (maybe a handful added each month). A change in ownership hardly constitutes flooding the streets. . .

And yes NSXTASY, the used-market pricing is holding up quite nicely for a well-maint'/serviced, cared for NSX. :)

NSXTASY stated: It's seasonal. Outside the Sunbelt, if a car isn't sold by November, it's not likely to be sold until Spring. So those considering selling within the next six months are likely to do it now.

SO THERE IS HOPE...!:cool:

However it is painfuly clear that the pool of no excuses ,one owner,well maintained ,and non bent ,nsx's does slowly shrink!Every now and then you find that "perfect" used car.And I don't think there is any shame in paying a premium for that good history.

docjohn said:
However it is painfuly clear that the pool of no excuses ,one owner,well maintained ,and non bent ,nsx's does slowly shrink! . . .

I was about to edit- but DocJohn, you beat me to it!!! The zero-excuse NSX does and always will hold it's value. . .:)

Hmm.

I bought my NSX because it is the car I always wanted.

I am not rich, just someone who wanted to have the privilege of owning this special car used or new.

I am hoping that in the future, when there is a new NSX and if I can afford to buy one, that I would keep my 93 because it is truly something that I have worked for and appreciate with every turn of the key.

I really don't think that my ownership satisfaction would be affected if NSXs were $5000 5 years from now and were being bought by kids to street race.

RyRy210 said:
I know a few NSX owners that bought their cars solely for prestige. Talking to them they feel that prestige is positively correlated to the price of the car. Hence when it depreciated to a point where most people can buy it used, they sold it to buy another sports car. This time in the 6 figure range.

AYE! They must be children! Only IDIOTS buy cars for the prestige element! GOD bless them.

I bought mine from an appreciation of the engineering and a belief it was a relatively good investment of peoplefirst.com's money! :")

Last edited:
blknsxnoc said:
I am not rich, just someone who wanted to have the privilege of owning this special car used or new.
"Rich" is a matter of perspective. I know that there are many people here who do not consider themselves "rich", but I can assure you that there are also millions of people in this country who would consider anyone who can afford a two-seat sports car to be "rich". When you realize how many people are just getting by from one paycheck to the next, and may have no car or only what most of us would call a "beater" - and add in those who are not receiving a paycheck at all and have hardships such as medical conditions, homelessness, etc - those of us with an NSX are fortunate indeed. Sure, we may have earned it by dint of our own efforts, and there may some other folks who have more than you or me, but don't kid either one of us by trying to pretend that you're not doing pretty well in this world if you're driving an NSX.

RyRy210 said:

Most people can afford to spend 30-45k on a used NSX because it is the same amount they may spend on a minivan. True
Most people will not qualify for a 30-45k loan on a ten year old car.
Most people do not have 30-45 just lying around.
So IMO most people still can not afford a NSX. If most people could afford one the price would be high because of the short supply.

I think the Pantera is a good example of a vehicle made in limited numbers that has retained its value. I have not seen a decent Pantera sell for under 20k yet and this is a car that is 20 years older than the NSX. I know there are many people that would love to buy a decent NSX for 20-25K or less. All I can say is keep the dream alive and be prepared to wait 20 more years.

Last edited:
Back