• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sarge / toys for tots

you know we all grew up different but those of us who have kids know how cool it is to watch them open presents on christmas, I would sell my nsx to make sure my boys christmas was a good one. now just imagine, we didnt have our cars or homes and we just wanted to make ends meat for food or what bills. Oh and believe me, It could happen to any of us. How cool would it be for a shit load of NSX'S filled with toys dropping off toys on dec 8th at the nw toy run be? Everyone would know we mean business. We are not, snobs or greedy. I know there is a proposed dyno day on the 9th, but really, which is more important? yea, I have no need to dyno my NSX because I already know its fast and I can smoke every teenage fool with a coffee can exhaust on the highway. please you guys go with me to the toys for tots run. Its a cooler thing to do. Or just arrange for toy pick-up from a fellow nsx buddie. think about it. you can make a youngster smile and be happy this christmas. -sarge

Im a new owner and not familiar with any annual events that this community attends. So I would like to know the schedule for this event and any details. I work on Saturdays so that is my only hurdle.

Thanks
Chris from Tacoma

P.S. Is anyone crusin on Sunday?

the info is on this website www.nwtoyrun.com I am going to follow what is posted. I live near Bellingham so hopefully me and C-speed will meet and drive down together. I hope you bring the nsx. anyways, I believe the fowlers already said they were going...is that still true? fowlers?> anyways , lets stay on top of this, we can make alot of kids happy. im goin shoppin tomorrow. If anyone needs my phone # for any reason lemme know. -ken

1:30!! Oooh, well all I can say is that I hope I can attened and with my NSX. If I can't get off work early enough, can I just show up? How late will this go on for? Finally, where off exit 109 is the location?

Thanks
Chris from Tacoma

Do you guys want to meet up before hand to roll into the Federway Way park n ride together?

I'm right near Sea-Tac.

the info is on this website www.nwtoyrun.com I am going to follow what is posted. I live near Bellingham so hopefully me and C-speed will meet and drive down together. I hope you bring the nsx. anyways, I believe the fowlers already said they were going...is that still true? fowlers?> anyways , lets stay on top of this, we can make alot of kids happy. im goin shoppin tomorrow. If anyone needs my phone # for any reason lemme know. -ken

Ya, we can definately meet up and drive down... I'm probably gonna head down early Saturday morning and meet up with a couple friends that are going from Everett area. So you're more than welcome to join... Lets figure out a time and place?

Is there a way I can somehow contact u guys the day of the event, in case I'm working and not able to meet up initially?

Thanks,
Chris from Tacoma

If you guys can finalize a meeting place and time beore Saturday, I will send an email to those on the email list.
Sorry couldn't join you guys this time, It's the final week of my school :redface:

If you guys can finalize a meeting place and time beore Saturday, I will send an email to those on the email list.
Sorry couldn't join you guys this time, It's the final week of my school :redface:

Hey polar, am I on that mailing list?

I'm not familiar with the area at all.. so it has to be up to someone else to pick a time and place...

Basically, the meet up place for the whole drive (300 cars) is in a Federal Way park in ride or something on the way to Olympia.

Seattle is North of Sea-Tac which is North of Federal Way which is North of Tacoma which is North of Olympia.

So, I'm probably furthest south near the original meet up place for this thing.

We could meet at South Center mall...except this time of year that probably isn't wise, especially on a weekend.

We can just pick something off a map that's a little North of Federal Way also.

Who's in for sure? I'm still not 100%...my back is killing me (ironic) so I'm not enjoying driving that much..not sure if I'd make it to Olympia and back.

Well there are a few us coming down from Bellingham and then meeting up with some people in Mt Vernon (Sarge?) and the proceeding to Shoreline area to meet up with some friends...

After that, we are heading south on I-5 towards you... so who ever is south of Shoreline area, wanna pick a spot? We'll stop there and meet up.

hey c-speed i can meet you in my vernon at my work (skagit subaru)
on george hopper rd. just say what time. that is........if i find my keys. the house is 100% destroyed.

hey c-speed i can meet you in my vernon at my work (skagit subaru)
on george hopper rd. just say what time. that is........if i find my keys. the house is 100% destroyed.

Ok, that works... I think a good time would be around 10am ish... then we can meet my buddies in shoreline by 11-11:30 and have plenty of time to get down to Seatac area to meet up with Drvolk and get to Federal Way by 1:30...

I'm trying to figure out a good place to meet...but honestly, I don't know the freeway that well around Sea Tac.

We can meet at say, the Valley Ridge Park off Exit 152...but I've never been there, so I have no idea how hard that would be.

Other option is South Center Shopping mall, say in behind Bahama Breeze (NorthWest Corner of the Mall)...but Mall traffic could be hell.

Thoughts?

I'm trying to figure out a good place to meet...but honestly, I don't know the freeway that well around Sea Tac.

We can meet at say, the Valley Ridge Park off Exit 152...but I've never been there, so I have no idea how hard that would be.

Other option is South Center Shopping mall, say in behind Bahama Breeze (NorthWest Corner of the Mall)...but Mall traffic could be hell.

Thoughts?

You're guess is as good as mine haha, i don't know the area PERIOD... So just pick one? hehe

How about a rest area?

Also, seeing as its getting close to crunch time here... I don't have any of you guys numbers nor your real names :p to get a hold of anyone.

If you guys want to PM me when you read this, we can trade info and coordinate.

Since it seems like I'm meeting up with the rest of you, lets just make it exit 152...the first right turn and the first obvious parking spot off the exit.

My cell is 2063833929

Call me and let me know when you're close (i.e. driving thru downtown Seattle).

That'll work.

-Eric

everyone who is going should just post the number of the closest entrance / exit to interstate 5 from their house so we can exit, pick-up, and take off. thats the easyest way. or call me sometime tonight or tomorrow before 9am and i will write it down and make sure we stop. otherwise sit at a rest area and wait for us to drive by. really we can hop off and on the fwy no problem. im meeting C-Speed at skagit subaru around 10 am then were gunna bounce. see you guys soon -ken 360-595-0302

Ken: Not sure if it too late to call but anyways, all the S2ki guys are all meeting at Northgate mall at 11am.

So I figure we should get down to shoreline area to meet my buddies by 10:30ish and all roll over to the mall and head out from there..

Thus, I think we should meet up a more around 9-9:30 at Skagit Subaru. Will that work? I PM'd you my cell number. I'll be up for a while - call me.

Also, I just spoke with John.. he wants to meet up as well - he's in the shoreline area as well.. So I told him I'd call when we got close.

Hey guys, I had a great time. It was a blast and good to make some connections. I can't wait for the next meet.

So did we make the news? Hehe

Chris from Tacoma

Back