• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

10/13 White Mountains Cruise

10/13 White Mountains Rally / N. Conway Lunch

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46239

NMBM II: Return To Hurricane Mt. Road

Saturday October 13th (Weather permitting)

I've selected a route for the second Northeast Mountains Backroads Motoring event that includes a repeat of Hurricane Mt. Road as well as lunch in North Conway. It will be an all-day, multiple-makes event, but even if you only participate as far as North Conway, it will be a nice drive. If you've lowered your car or have ground clearance (speed bumps, etc.) please let me know. Hurricane Mt. Rd. has so sharp pitch changes, but a 2004 Esprit and an F355 negotiated it last year without problem.

For those who participated last year, the route is largely different. I've driven the route from Hooksett to North Conway already this year and it's much more direct, scenic, smooth, and deserted. Time permitting, we'll cover Bear Notch Rd. and the Kancamagus as well. (Kanc. construction was finished when I drove it a few weeks ago and if you opt to part at North Conway I suggest you return via the Kanc.)

Any driving enthusiast is welcome, but all attendees will need to sign a waiver saying I'm not responsible for anything you do. This isn't a race, rally, or contest of any kind, just scenic, unpopulated, and somewhat isolated touring.

I'm still firming up some details but here's the outline. Please do not cross-post to other forums until you've cleared it with me.

1. <8:30 You filled your gas tank.
2. 8:30 Meet in Hooksett, NH
3. 10:30 Gas/bio-break on Lake Winnepesauke
4. 12:30-14:00 Lunch in North Conway
5. 15:30 Gas/bio break (TBD)
6. 17:30 Gas/bio break in Lincoln
7. >19:00 Post-drive gathering any where south of or in Plymouth, NH?

PM or email me your email address if you plan on attending. You will be given a route with maps, meeting locations, GPS coordinates, and my cell phone number at the meeting area.

If you have suggestions for places to break along the way or for dinner after the event, please let me know. I'm looking for places on I-93 south of Plymouth, NH with plenty of visible parking.

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone is welcome, but you are responsible for your own actions. I will drive as much of the route as possible before the event, but traffic and road construction are always possibilities. If anyone wants to take a day out of work to scout the northern part with me let me know.

Last edited:
Weather looks good for Saturday. Warm enough for driving but not so stellar that the area will be packed with tourists. I'm sending out the details later today to the email address I have received. If you haven't contacted me already, please do so and I'll forward you the info.

Mostly sunny / temps in the 60's / Only 10% chance of rain. If anyone else is interested either contact me or meet me at the Hooksett rest area just north of the tolls on I-93 north before 9am tomorrow.

Back