• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

100 Shot Ok?

Greets, IMHO 100 is the max on stock internals for the long haul.I have developed what I think is a very safe methodology for a 100 dry shot but will not be releasing the data until the end of the week. feel free to pm me anytime with nitrous questions.I know a little bit about the subject on the NSX. we have discussed this issue of what is considered a safe shot in previous threads in this forum.do a search on nos and nitrous and read all the threads all the way through.you will gain alot of insight into past discussions on nitrous theory and it may help you decide what you want to do.I believe you will come away with alot of knowledge,their are several very tight nitrous folks on prime.good luck with your car and check the vendor forum in several days.I will be launching several new custom kits I think you might find of interest if you dont already 'squeeze'

From what I've read, your safe with the NX wet kit up to 100 on stock internals.
I say, you give(for free) me your NOS dry kit and get the NX wet! :D Hey, just trying to help you out buddy!! ;) j/k
ps - keep in mind you have an 2003 NSX with barely any miles. Be extra careful not to damage that engine!

Guttiensx said:
chuckle chuckle.....

It is really no laughing matter when you smoke your motor from spraying to much. as I stated I have developed a SAFE 100 shot dry kit. and it will pass the test of time.it will be for sale this coming monday and I will post the specs and all will see why it is safe.safer then a wet 100 shot. I see you are in Houston,brad at auto-logic can hook you up with a safe kit and is local to you

I can not understand why ANY dry shot would be better than a wet shot...I'm no n2o pro, but I did run nitrous on my old mustang quite a bit.

From what I gain, a wet kit (fuel/N2o sprayed into TB) is safer because if the fuel cuts out on a dry kit (just n2o) for some reason, you'd be spraying just n2o into the TB, which will definetly blow your motor or burn a piston or something...with a wet kit, the fuel mix is always there.

Correct me if im wrong, i would like to learn more...

<doing search as we speak>

I believe dry kits also provide fuel, but not the same way wet kits do. Dry kits use your stock injectors to spray more fuel while the wet kits spray nos and fuel together. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Z are you sure...but other than that I would like to talk to Brad @ autologic about the "safe" 100 shot. If someone were to blow their engine on your findings would you fix the engine? Why is wet really better than dry?

Again, from what I've read, bigger shots are better with a wet system b/c with the increased nos, there is increased fuel. I'm no expert, and I know diddly about nitrous. These are just some conclusions I've gotten from reading.
Then again, BadCarma(David), the nos expert says he has a safe 100 shot dry system. So I'll let him explain! ;)

I have 'almost' always gone dry to 75 and wet above. I am not going to comment on this until I release a large shot dry kit for obvious reasons.and you will see my reasoning at that time.I have always tried to help folks make educated decisions on n20 in the forum. I know why dry is safe at lower shots and why wet is considered safer at higher shots but thats about to change and I hope folks will see the logic. BTW it costs me more to build a dry kit then wet,their is no money angle at work here.its my continued effort to build and run better and safer n20. I will still build wet kits for clients that want them but I am a true convert on wet ,dry. I will not install kits that run above 100 shot on NSX period without a built motor wet or dry. I knew alot of folks would be suprised that I would tout a 100 shot dry. nature of the beast as it goes against convention at this time.

You are correct on the dry going through the fuel injectors, but the problem arises when injectors fail (and they occasionally do). With a wet kit, if an injector fails, there is still a fuel tap on the fuel rail which feeds with the nitrous through the TB so the n2o isn't fed to the motor w/o fuel from there. A dry kit is a much nicer set up for show (looks bad ass having a solenoid on each injector and what not, but wet is the best for heavy horespower applications on cars that are driven on the street and not just the track.

Brian2by2 said:
You are correct on the dry going through the fuel injectors, but the problem arises when injectors fail (and they occasionally do).

What must be taken into consideration is why the injectors fail. addess that issue and....:) but thier is more to wet vs. dry then fuel delivery. its about how on a wet system.I am still all for a wet direct port setup. but I am keeping a lid on my enginnering efforts until the right time.anyone can talk smack about what they can achieve.the proof is in the puddin. BTW are you running n20 at this time on your X? or thinking about it down the road. bottom line seen over and over with the S/C KITS. get the fuel management down tight. the point you make about the injector failure is a serious concern because if you have an inj fail even with a wet kit and you are only getting fuel inrichment from the 5-7 psi wet fuel enrichment IMHO you are screwed also if you are spraying when it happens.I have personally witnessed several wet kits smoke a motor and that includes NSX(no it was not me and does not matter who but it does happen.face it their is risk with all F/I methods.I must really believe in the methodology I am using dry as I am running it on my motor. nuff said for now.

Dyno charts,safety features and A/F ratios will speak for them selfs

BadCarma said:
as I stated I have developed a SAFE 100 shot dry kit. and it will pass the test of time.it will be for sale this coming monday and I will post the specs and all will see why it is safe.safer then a wet 100 shot.
Monday? Nice...

Don't forget to let me know the details and how to get one of your setups for my car. :)

Greets Gentlemen, please refer to the progressive controlled nitrous post for a long response to all your inquiries concerning my nitrous kits.I just posted it.TIA amd sorry for not getting back to many of you that have pm'd and emailed recently.the answers are in that post

NsSeX said:
i have a 75 dry shot zex kit from my v6 01 accord. will this work for my nsx? and a 75 shot is safe to use?

iirc a nitrous kit can be taken from one car to another, most kits are relatively generic... you might need one or two new switches or something.. call bad karma or summit racing..

Re: Badcarmas kit...

Guttiensx said:
does anyone know if badcarma has any pics as well as what is the 125 shot hybrid? is it safe on the motor?

Guttie, I have pics of both the various dry versions and the hybrid. I was requested by speed within reach (my distribitor) that I not post them until he releases all the promo stuff and shows the car with the mutistage hybrid on it at HIN next weekend,you will not see another kit that looks or works like this on an nsx anywhere.I quess thats why mike wants it under wraps until HIN next week. feel free to pm me on specifics. yes the kits (all of them) are safe.

swr and bad carma's kits

I have requested that David not release any photo's of the dry or hybred kit. I will be attending hot import nights on dec 13 and revealing both kits at the show. For those many people that will not be able to attend this miami show, all pictures and dyno charts will be released that monday. Speed Within Reach has sole distributiion rights of bad carma's kits, and I will be taking orders after HIN. I will also be running specials on other SWR products after the show so keep your eyes on the vendor board. if you have any questions feel free to contact me by email.
Thank You,
Mike
SWR

Brian2by2 said:
I can not understand why ANY dry shot would be better than a wet shot...I'm no n2o pro, but I did run nitrous on my old mustang quite a bit.

From what I gain, a wet kit (fuel/N2o sprayed into TB) is safer because if the fuel cuts out on a dry kit (just n2o) for some reason, you'd be spraying just n2o into the TB, which will definetly blow your motor or burn a piston or something...with a wet kit, the fuel mix is always there.

Correct me if im wrong, i would like to learn more...

<doing search as we speak>

When using wet kits, you have the risk of puddles of fuel forming in the intake manifold and explosion occuring due to backfiring.

for more info on the subject, click here for instance

IIRC from the n20 dry kit on my accord, there is a fuel pressure sensor that will not open the nitrous unless the pressure is at a pre-determined level. OF course, you could have a bad injector, but then you would blow that pistion regardless of the wetness or dryness of the nitrous. so for lower levels of nitrous a dry kit would seem to be safer, at least from the tech article i read a couple years back.

Back